Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be frank, I don't care if anybody asks Kaz the Porsche question again. It'll either be a secret until release, or perhaps seen in a video. But at any rate, I'm prepared for them to not be in the game.

^^ Me too mate, I was just kidding. ;)

If porsches are in, we will only know it from a giant press conference showing a teaser with a "Porsche tribute" or something like that. 918 tribute anyone? Just like the 458 Italia, it would be cool.

The waiting ins't what drives me mad, what drives me mad is the lack of news, at least they could show the new modeling of the cars included in GT4, like showing the interior of a Ginetta G4, or even a some RUFs.

My guess is that PD don't show RUFs in the screenshots, because that would mean no Porsches on GT5 and end up with the hype. :grumpy:

Many people wrote to Sony asking some questions, how you guys did it? Playstation Blog? I'm intending to write them about the modeling of the cars from GT4 to GT5, I'm sure that the progress of the graphics from one game to another would gather attention from the media and then be a marketing tool.

And yes, this is purely desperation, I want news! I wanna see some GT5 related stuff!

How exactly would RUF being in the game mean no Porsche's?

They aren't some form of rivals like people make them out to be.

True, but RUF didn't make one of these:

:cool:

That's how its perceived. That's enough for marketing not to show them (if that's the case anyways).

Because showing RUF, it's the same as saying "We won't have Porsches, but there is RUF to wash away your tears". From a marketing point of view, it would kill the hype created by the possibility of Porsche in the game. Just that.

RUF will be in the game, no matter what PD does about Porsche.

Can anyone give me one good reason why Porsche can't/won't be in GT5? I've heard the term "exclusive contract" thrown around..... so it's exclusive with Codemasters (GRID), Simbin (GTR 1 & 2), Turn 10 (Forza), Ea (Need for Speed) etc? Right. I've also heard Porsche don't want their cars damaged... see games above.

Honestly, I think there is more to this then meets the eye.... I HOPE Porsche is Polyphony's last big surprise. If not, I find the exclusion of Porsche very suspect

Thanks, would have never found it otherwise..... is it ever stated the length of said contract?
I'm afraid not. There are people who say that the EA contract was set to 10 years and should have run out by now, but I never found actual evidence on that, and neither was this mentioned by Porsche.

I still find it odd because a lot of games with Porsches present have nothing to do with EA
Like the Porsche contact said, EA has the right to and did give out sublicenses to other game manufacturers. I suppose that EA refinances the sum they paid for the license this way. For Sony however, they probably set the bar too high.

After VW Group takeover into Porsche, I can't see any reason for them to be out, maybe for the next GT ( No, not the fifth.. ). VW has many licensed brands in GT ( Lambo, VW, Audi, Bentley, Seat ), I'm sure someone at VW MK dept will start conversations to bring Porsches to GT in a near future.

Also, GT5 will be the best seller among the racing games, that's the way Lamborghini and Porsche does things to sell laptops, jackets, perfumes and premium goods associated with the brands. This is how a supercar company makes money from common people which represents most of the gamers. It's all about building a relationship between the brand and potential future customers.

Last edited:
You would think so. Kaz said before there was no porsche and this thread still went on.

You would think so. Kaz said before there was no porsche and this thread still went on.

To be fair, what you said there is more than enough reason to justify the thread going on.

All I'm going to say is "soon". 'Nuff said.
:sly:

TOP GEAR - Were there any cars you couldn't get your hands on for GT5?

KY - "We're still rushing with GT5 as we speak and will be doing so until the last possible moment, so we haven't come to any conclusions on any of these just yet. There might be one or two cars which drop off if we run out of time."

Taken from the Top Gear interview with Kaz at the 2010 GT Academy Finals.

KY - "We're still rushing with GT5 as we speak and will be doing so until the last possible moment, so we haven't come to any conclusions on any of these just yet. There might be one or two cars which drop off if we run out of time."

The very same day he said that porsche was one of the companies he wishes he could get into the game.

This is just taking things out of context, if you read that interview properly you would know it is clear he didn't mean Porsche, just different new models by brands which are already in.

This is just taking things out of context, if you read that interview properly you would know it is clear he didn't mean Porsche, just different new models by brands which are already in.

How is it taken out of context? He never mentions or makes clear this isn't about Porsche (he never mentions any car in particular). Nor does he say "different new models by brands which are already in", so I don't really see the context you read it in.

Will Porsches be in GT5? According to past information and the latest interviews, NO, certainly not at launch. Later on as DLC is a possiblity unless it takes longer to sort out the paperwork than it does to get GT6 out of the door.

</thread>

How is it taken out of context? He never mentions or makes clear this isn't about Porsche (he never mentions any car in particular). Nor does he say "different new models by brands which are already in", so I don't really see the context you read it in.

The statement you quoted says that some cars that were planned to be in the game might not make it, so yes, some cars that are supposed to be in might be cut. From what we know, PORSCHE wasn't planned to be in the game, porsche reps even told us so. Therefore, porsche can't be what he was talking about.

It is taken out of context because he only mentioned cars, as in models by brands already licenced, to be modelled before the release and the fact he specifically mentioned Porsche at the end of that interview as a brand he would wish to have included but clearly hasn't yet.
If you read the whole interview it is clear IMHO he wants Porsche to be in a next GT, he wouldn't mention it if Porsche already was in GT5 now would he?

As already stated by someone else on the General Dis Thread, due to a recent interview(you can get link from main News page here on GTP), it is stated that Kaz's main car maker he wishes to include in GT6, is Porsche. So Its pretty safe to assume there is definitly no Porsche in GT5

Last edited:
Just as I got to the bottom of this thread there was an ad was saying "Abandon Boredom - The new Boxter Spyder".

A cruel and unusual punishment if you ask me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back