Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think Porsche is in, you're a fool. You know too little. Infer less. Wait more.

If you think Porsche is out, you're a fool. You know too little. Infer less. Wait more.

And if you're in between, you're safe! :P

Isn't that the case for just about everything with every GT game ever released?
You never know, because they never say, and they never say, because they never know.
They throw a million things in a pot, stir it around, and find out what's the easiest to program, and that's what we get.

I expect the same tired ass RUF's, on the same night courses, the same wet Tsukuba, and line walking false advertisement about night racing, weather, etc, etc.
Hell, they put damage in, but only minor for most cars, and less than other games for most likely all of them... so why bother? but what do I know:crazy:

I'm not sure what happened to those links (what I did was copy that post from earlier in this thread around October when the links were good). However, they're all bad now, but at one point they were articles. Anyways, I'm not going to try to fetch them now, but you can trust me!

Last edited:
I'm not sure what happened to those links. They're all bad now, but at one point they were articles. Anyways, I'm not going to try to fetch them now, but you can trust me!
I of course do believe you, I'd just like to read up a bit.

This has happened to links I posted before, but I never found out what the problem is (never could be bothered to be honest). It somehow is related to the lengths of the links. They are shortened by the system automatically, and sometimes they are rendered useless.

Honestly, I probably could find them by using the words in the link, i.e. MotorTrend, etc. But right now I'm about to leave. Perhaps later I'll re-do it.

It's the never ending question.

As a Stuttgart native I hope the brand finally makes it into the game. For people who live in my area Porsche is pretty much like a VW Polo or Golf (US Pov: some kind of car you see every day multiple times).
And especially for me, a person who lives 5 minutes from the new museum and the factory and the big showroom, I get my daily dosis of the Carrera GT twice a day because of my schoolbus that goes this exact route right by the aforesaid buildings. I've seen pretty much every Porsche on the road (even older ones) and I've took a seat in most of them (yes, also in the Carrera GT). When I was on my old school (2 years ago) we went to the showroom at lunchbreak just to look at the cars and to take a seat in 'em. The guys who worked in there knew us and were cool with that.
A lot of guys who work for Porsche live in my hood, so I get so see a lot of them. There was a Panamera down my street at a time when this car wasn't even available. The cool thing about that...may parents know some of them (inc. an old friend of my dad who owns a company and he has 5 Porsche's, all red) so sometimes I can drive them (GT2, GT3, all Caynenne's, a trillion 911's, Boxster, Cayman and the list goes on)...unfortunatly not by myself but my time will come (I'm 19 and I got a driver liscense btw). I'm just not allowed to yet.
Another cool thing: Gemballa and Techart (they make the Cayenne Magnum e.g.) are not unfamiliar to me. Never sat in one but I've seen their showrooms and their cars on the road. Both factories are ~20 km from my home.

As you can see, I would love to have Porsche in GT.

Another little story...yesterdays birthday party of a friend of mine was a bit lame so we decieded to head to Porsche where they have a special painted Carrera GT in the showroom since ~2 weeks. Never managed to take a foto but yersterday it was about time to do it. It's a matt gray one with black rims. Hottest Carrera GT I've ever seen.
The quality of my mobile phone is b#ll**** but it's better than nothing (And it's from the outside of course since 3 a.m. is not the best time to ask somebody to open the doors for us).

foto0057m.jpg

foto0058m.jpg

foto0059.jpg

i hope that was sarcasm...

no, it wasn't, actually. That to me looks terrible. Squared off roof, doesn't fit anywhere on the car, leading into those two round humps, assuming intake cowls. There is no flow there at all. With the top down the car looks good, but with it on, from that angle, no thanks. The picture, as I said, makes it look bad.

Attachments

• foto0058m.jpg
    foto0058m.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 35
I might actually agree with Dave for thinking the roof is a bit mis-matched although i'm not a big fan of how the car looks open either.
I do really like Porsches in general except Cayenne and Panamera, not because Porsche shouldn't build an SUV or 4-door saloon ( i actually applaud this fact ) but because they are both pig-ugly.
The Carrera GT isn't ugly but it also hasn't really captured me stylingwise.
It's a cohesive shape ( except maybe the roof ) but it is just not drop dead gorgeous, although the same could be said about the Enzo and most supercars today in general.
It's just a question of taste, and therefor very personal, but if i could buy a car costing this much i would at least want it to look like a million dollars.

I personally think the car is awful no matter the angle. The picture that dave_sz referred to reminds me a lot of the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S.

no, it wasn't, actually. That to me looks terrible. Squared off roof, doesn't fit anywhere on the car, leading into those two round humps, assuming intake cowls. There is no flow there at all. With the top down the car looks good, but with it on, from that angle, no thanks. The picture, as I said, makes it look bad.

I know what you mean, although its one of the few Porsches i like, i think it should be driven open anyway.

The gt3 is still my favorite. Can't wait for the weather to brighten up so I can go have some fun with it.

The Carrera GT looks awesome to me.

Some of the 911s over the years have looked hideous, but somehow, with the same basic design, there have been a lot of beautiful ones too.

I personally think the car is awful no matter the angle. The picture that dave_sz referred to reminds me a lot of the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S.

In real life it's just exquisite, phenomenal, I've saw a white one only once, it was being put in a truck for deliver, and I think it looks great.

In fact, I just can't say no matter from what angle I look, that this car is ugly or unpleasant to the eye. I love it, one of my favourite cars ever made.

Wow, I think the Cayenne and Panamera are the most beautiful cars Porsche makes... but then again everyone has their own opinions...

Wow, I think the Cayenne and Panamera are the most beautiful cars Porsche makes... but then again everyone has their own opinions...

I think most people hate the Cayenne and Panamera because they are four door Porsches, something that just goes against what they've known. I don't really have a problem with the Cayenne really since its an SUV, The Panamera is something I can't quite describe though. The front end is cool but the overall shape is weird, its like they tried to combine the shape of their 911s with four doors. I don't hate any of them myself.

who know maybe porsche will come to gran turismo 5 as Downloadable pack, my favorite is the Porsche GT.

This brand should be a must in GT5 with all the Racing History Porsche has, PD should be ashamed for no having in Gran Turismo 5.

I'm just amazed at how this thread's title is still very relevant and still very much a great question despite being quite an old thread.

I know Kazunori has responded to this question, but something doesn't feel totally complete about it. It's been a while since he last answered it.

I think most people hate the Cayenne and Panamera because they are four door Porsches, something that just goes against what they've known. I don't really have a problem with the Cayenne really since its an SUV, The Panamera is something I can't quite describe though. The front end is cool but the overall shape is weird, its like they tried to combine the shape of their 911s with four doors. I don't hate any of them myself.

I don't hate the Cayenne or Panamera because they are four door Porsches, actually i've been looking forward to a Porsche saloon since it was first rumoured to be a possiblity in the early nineties and an SUV is also something Porsche with its history of 4WD Dakar should pull off with confidence.

I hate them for being ugly and nothing more than enlarged and bloated 911 clones and i'm dissapointed they haven't created something more original and coherent or at least beautiful.
The Cayenne looks like a blown up Audi A3 with the front end of a 911 Turbo and when you compare a Panamera with a Quattroporte or the new Aston Rapide it just looks completely ill-resolved.
The last original Porsche that didn't look like a watered down 911 ( which i love btw ) was the 928.

I know Kazunori has responded to this question, but something doesn't feel totally complete about it. It's been a while since he last answered it.

So it's time to ask him again. :D Any volunteers? N4G? IGN? Anyone?

@RACECAR - I'd love Porsches, but the Cayenne it's just a fancy VW Touareg ( or Touareg is just a poor Cayenne, whatever...) but Cayenne it's somewhat beautiful to me, I can't say the same for Touareg, and the Panamera it's utterly ugly no matter in what it was based in my opinion. As I said, I would love to have 911 GT3 RS, GT2, 911 Turbo, Carrera GT, 917, 956 and 959. Whatever comes as a plus would be welcomed too. :sly:

Oh yeah, the Panamera interior it's very cool, in cockpit view it may be funny to drive, but it would be unpleasant to watch the replays. :lol:

Last edited:
I don't hate the Cayenne or Panamera because they are four door Porsches, actually i've been looking forward to a Porsche saloon since it was first rumoured to be a possiblity in the early nineties and an SUV is also something Porsche with its history of 4WD Dakar should pull off with confidence.

I hate them for being ugly and nothing more than enlarged and bloated 911 clones and i'm dissapointed they haven't created something more original and coherent or at least beautiful.
The Cayenne looks like a blown up Audi A3 with the front end of a 911 Turbo and when you compare a Panamera with a Quattroporte or the new Aston Rapide it just looks completely ill-resolved.
The last original Porsche that didn't look like a watered down 911 ( which i love btw ) was the 928.

Ok, I respect that then. Going off the fact that previously there was no such thing as a Four door Porsche as well as most of the negative comments I've read when Porsche first mentioned the idea, I was under the impression that was the main reason. Ironically enough though, Alot of people loved the idea of a Four Lamborghini called the Estoque so its interesting looking at the varying opinions.

Ok, I respect that then. Going off the fact that previously there was no such thing as a Four door Porsche as well as most of the negative comments I've read when Porsche first mentioned the idea, I was under the impression that was the main reason. Ironically enough though, Alot of people loved the idea of a Four Lamborghini called the Estoque so its interesting looking at the varying opinions.
My thinking is that porsche went away from their 911 styling with the Cayanne and almost everyone hated it, I'm not one of those people. So what they did with the Panamera was to stick with the 911 cues, just stretch it and voila. I'm not a porsche man, except for the gt3, so neither car strikes me as good looking or bad looking. They're just porsches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back