Possible Damage & Weather preview @ E3 for GT5P

• Thread starter Oner
  • 248 comments
well for one i wont be getting the pay per view gt-tv option. I have almost every single BMI espisode and they are great if you want to see some cool car testing and informaton, but if someone doesnt have them it might be warranted to buy the service. that being said it's not a terrible option for those who are not obsessed by anything automotive, or maybe they are hehehe. Anyway i WAS expecting at least some kind of GT5 news and was a bit let down by only seeing the GT-TV option. Last years E3 was hyping up gt5:P and i would suppose that the following year would shed some more light on gt5....but oh well.....

yeah i have all the BMI video's, only one i dont have is the new GTR ep

I personally am glad PD skipped E3. It would be a waste of everyones time if they made a video of damage for GT5P instead of ACTUALLY WORKING on damage for GT5P.

Jul 16, 2008

A free online update of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue will be performed beginning in the afternoon of Friday, August 1st.

The main contents of this update are as follows:

Improvement in Download Speed
- Improvements in download speeds for online updates and content

Gran Turismo TV
- Start of PPV (Pay Per View) service
- It is now possible to fast forward, rewind, or move between chapters when viewing video content.
- It is possible now to have up to 8 simultaneous background downloads running at the same time.
- Individual downloads can now be paused or resumed.

Distribution of Expansion Data
- Instant distribution feature of My Page backgrounds added

Race
- Improvements in penalty judgments
- Improved physics during collisions between cars in Online races.

Time Trial
- The tire selection in Arcade time trials changed from “S2” fixed, to “N1-S2”

Ranking
- It is now possible to display top lap times in all courses in a list.
- Improvements in the user interface

Common Vehicle Physics
- Improved controllability when using S1-S3, and R1-R3 tires.
- Changed calculation rules for performance points.

Option
- Added [Standard Definition (SD) Display Size] in [Display Settings]
- Moved the [Temperature] unit setting from [Network] to [Units]
- Added Expansion Data settings and Advanced Download Option settings in [Network]

Sound
- 6 BGM tracks added

Online race network specifications changed
- Added port 5658 to the ports used in Online races.
* Refer to the following when trouble occurs or when necessary.
 List of port numbers
 Port forwarding setting procedures

Other
- Players matched in Online races now added to the [Friends] → [Players Met] menu within Playstation 3.
- The time and score from replays of time trials, drift trials, and distributed demo replays are now displayed after their replay. For distributed demo’s, the Online ID is also displayed here.
- Manual updated

Important Note:
- Please make sure to read the contents of the “Please read before the Update” news entry before proceeding with the update.

* All information listed in this website is for Japan. For information outside Japan, please refer to the website of your region.

Here's hoping that we get the SpecIII update soon after. I will scream if they say "... and all this coming in December 08"

...which will of course be April 09

....which will be delayed until roughly, post A.D.

Wow, I hope that update comes to Europe too soon, as I would love to have the option to drift with N1 tyres in time trial mode!:)

To be honest with everyone, I don't really care how long it takes them to finally release GT5. All I want is a game worth all that wait. It's like my sig: Gran Turismo is like Grolsch beer - never rushed. PD are taking their time because they want this game to be the best they can make it. Sure, we can bitch and moan all we like, but sadly the fact of the matter is that is doesn't matter how much we do, it won't deviate PD from their planned schedule.

Look what happened with GT3. PD rushed it and they ended up with sort of half a game. All because they wanted to get it out in time for the PS2's release and please the fans. OK, they can't please everyone, but if I were Kaz I certainly wouldn't rush the game OR any news of it just because some people on a forum are moaning about no news at E3. I'm not slating any of you guys, by the way, you're all entitled to free speech here :)

I would just wait patiently, which I know is difficult for some :lol:, and let them release GT5 when they do. All I know is that it might take a long time, but at the end of it, if GT5P is anything to go by, it's gonna be one hell of a game. :)

I insist with Nitro_2005.
Don't rush them, RESPECT TO THE PD!

Yes we have to wait for Lots of cars in High resolution,with viseble car-damage and much much more.....:drool:

Edit: A very long time

I don't get why most peple just HAVE to complain everytime about everything.

If PD doesn't update or release anything, they get flamed. If they upgrade stuff and update the game, they get flamed...

Why can't people just be glad that they're not sleeping, they're showing awareness of the problems and needs and slowly fixing things.
It's the very first time they get into the online part of a game, give the guys a break.

In the fall, we'll get a big update, which will probably include either cars, tracks, damage, a combination of these, online lobbies, etc.

Let them do their job, things will eventually come out and all will fall into place.

If PD doesn't update or release anything, they get flamed. If they upgrade stuff and update the game, they get flamed...

Why can't people just be glad that they're not sleeping, they're showing awareness of the problems and needs and slowly fixing things.
It's the very first time they get into the online part of a game, give the guys a break.

In the fall, we'll get a big update, which will probably include either cars, tracks, damage, a combination of these, online lobbies, etc.

Let them do their job, things will eventually come out and all will fall into place.

No truer word was ever said. 👍

Amen.

Luke

To be honest with everyone, I don't really care how long it takes them to finally release GT5. All I want is a game worth all that wait. It's like my sig: Gran Turismo is like Grolsch beer - never rushed. PD are taking their time because they want this game to be the best they can make it. Sure, we can bitch and moan all we like, but sadly the fact of the matter is that is doesn't matter how much we do, it won't deviate PD from their planned schedule.

Look what happened with GT3. PD rushed it and they ended up with sort of half a game. All because they wanted to get it out in time for the PS2's release and please the fans. OK, they can't please everyone, but if I were Kaz I certainly wouldn't rush the game OR any news of it just because some people on a forum are moaning about no news at E3. I'm not slating any of you guys, by the way, you're all entitled to free speech here :)

I would just wait patiently, which I know is difficult for some :lol:, and let them release GT5 when they do. All I know is that it might take a long time, but at the end of it, if GT5P is anything to go by, it's gonna be one hell of a game. :)

Agreed.

Luke

This + 1...

It's not like PD are just sitting there doing nothing... laughing it up as they read posts of people whining about the game not coming out quick enough.

However, online should simply not have been released in the state it is now, to be honest.. but otherwise, the updates keep coming in and that's really cool.. PD is dedicated, give it some time and we'll see one hell of a race game next year.

excited about "improved crash physics." not too stoked on "easier controllability for s - r tires." theyre making it easier?

According to the Polyphony Digital boss, his studio is focusing a majority of its efforts on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. In fact, he confirmed that the proper, disc-based Gran Turismo 5 might not even roll out before 2010.

I don't get this. Couldn't they just focus on GT5 and release updates from that development?

They probably want to test new things and see if people like them before putting them in the full game, near future hopefully means this year.

It looks more and more like PD taking the same route as Valve with their Half Life 2 series. In stead of bringing out one big game every so many (many many) years, they bring out a new episode about once a year. Actually, Yamauchi has said it before: Prologue's content will be close to the full came itself once it comes out. So after Spec I and II, we may get quite a few more "Specs" (i.e. major updates) before GT5 comes out (if ever....).

They probably want to test new things and see if people like them before putting them in the full game.

That is the whole premise of the Prologue isn't it? I don't see why there's a distinction between the focus and progress made towards Prologue and GT5. Isn't it pretty much one and the same?

We somehow managed to get Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi to slam on his brakes for a moment today and talk to us about his flagship racing franchise. According to the Polyphony Digital boss, his studio is focusing a majority of its efforts on Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. In fact, he confirmed that the proper, disc-based Gran Turismo 5 might not even roll out before 2010.

In the meantime, Polyphony will continue to expand Prologue with additional cars, tracks, and features. Yamauchi couldn't speak to specific plans, but mentioned that an new update is planned for the near future.

With all of the work his company is putting into the next console GT installment, Yamauchi tells us that it hasn't forgotten the long-delayed Gran Turismo 4 Mobile for PSP. He confirms that the game – originally announced at E3 2004 – is still actively in development, although it isn't planned for release until after GT5. That would be 2011 for those with pen and calendar in hand.

Back