Possible new bug: blinking braking indicator

• Thread starter HellzFire
  • 185 comments
Its definitely a flaw in the model, ABS Default gives you artificial grip, which is why its far and away the fastest ABS option, its why trailbraking is so good, and tyres wear less compared to other ABS options, no other ABS options can touch it even if you use them perfectly.

The only realistic solution I see is banning ABS Default in Sport mode and forcing everyone on Weak.

Thanks for offerring an explanation, this seems plausible to me. I guess just making the braking distance shorter by increasing grip works well enough until people realise that ABS with any braking force at all switches on increased grip.

I don't think its impossible for them to improve that simple "model" with a few minor changes by say stopping ABS (increased grip model) from engaging below a certain braking threshold and/or when players are also pressing the accelerator. To do it correctly it would have to be more complex than this though.

Clearly this looks like more work for PD to find a solution rather than just patching a small bug in the system.

Its definitely a flaw in the model, ABS Default gives you artificial grip, which is why its far and away the fastest ABS option, its why trailbraking is so good, and tyres wear less compared to other ABS options, no other ABS options can touch it even if you use them perfectly.

The only realistic solution I see is banning ABS Default in Sport mode and forcing everyone on Weak.

Agreed.
Guess I'd gladly be forced to ABS weak for the benefit of a level field. However I'd prefer a proper recoding of ABS default ( which might be too much of an effort atm ) because anything else appears to be helplessly patching holes to me.
There's some silent hope here PD came up with a GTS spec 2.0 version with not only ABS overhauled but DR, SR, penalties, track limits etc. etc. as well 👍 ! One can dream, right ?

@mclarenLB
Just out of interest : What do you think is the reason for higher straightline speeds with ABS default, as shown in the tests on page 1 of this thread ?

Back