Possible new bug: blinking braking indicator

• Thread starter HellzFire
  • 185 comments
Brazil
João Pessoa
hellZfirEJP
So, I'm seeing more and more guys on the top with this weird thing. They do all lap with minimal braking input (like 1-3%) and if you compare their top speeds, it's actually higher than laps without that (which doesnt make sense, how are you faster braking all the time?)

I've seen some people in the American and EMEA region using this especially in Race A slot. It seems more effective on the N group. There's one guy using in the TOP 10 in EMEA, you can see it on the replay, and one of the brazilians at least was using it too in older events.

Has anyone else noticed that too? People are making sure to not upload their replays more often to not show that they are using this also.

Last edited:
Good to know i'm not alone on this. The super grip glitch started like that, we created a thread here and eventually it got fixed. Maybe PD is not even aware of this yet.

They probably are aware but even then it may not be an easy fix, it seems to be an exploit of how the ABS system in this game works and gives big performance increases in certain cars, others not as much. They'd likely have to remodel the ABS system and therefore the entire braking physics to stop this.

Even stopping people from using the pad at the same time as a wheel to trap the brake on a tiny amount won't stop people from putting a bit of card in their brake pedal to create this effect. :(

Some evidence for you guys:

@EbrahimX7 did some tests. Using the Scirocco he does the first lap starting on locked top speed without pressing the braking pedalsright at the end of the astro turf and in the second he uses the brakes to try and get a better top speed.

This really looks like a bug to me.

Okay, more evidence. Using the DS4 to add the constant braking might be the way to go.

@EbrahimX7 just improved his lap by 1 tenth doing that.

Credit to @Sharkart_Kun for the idea.

If you balance the DS4 over the triggers you can get just enough press to keep the ABS flashing with almost no brake input!

Here's a quick video that I took with my phone:

I hope that the acknowledgement of this will get it fixed quickly!

Yep, this was discovered last month: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/abs-exploit-with-the-mini-cooper-s-65.382991/

I had completely forgotten about it since I thought it's one of those glitches that only affects certain cars. Turns out it's more widespread than that. I figured something is off when the top time for the Scirocco @ Maggiore was using ASM.

PD had plenty of time to fix it for today's update if they had known. Something's telling me Kaz is too busy partying in Monaco to care however. Last time GTP didn't even run a news article about it.

I'll be changing my lobby greeting message to warn people of this, but it looks like I'll have to join the dark side in the meantime.

Yep, this was discovered last month: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/abs-exploit-with-the-mini-cooper-s-65.382991/

I had completely forgotten about it since I thought it's one of those glitches that only affects certain cars. Turns out it's more widespread than that. I figured something is off when the top time for the Scirocco @ Maggiore was using ASM.

PD had plenty of time to fix it for today's update if they had known. Something's telling me Kaz is too busy partying in Monaco to care however. Last time GTP didn't even run a news article about it.

I'll be changing my lobby greeting message to warn people of this, but it looks like I'll have to join the dark side in the meantime.
i tested gr1 gr2 gr3 gr4 and N car all get affected by this glitch.. its hard to find the sweet spot of the brake pressure but once you do, its very very noticeable

i tested gr1 gr2 gr3 gr4 and N car all get affected by this glitch.. its hard to find the sweet spot of the brake pressure but once you do, its very very noticeable

Does it really work on Gr.3 cars? I tried it on Interlagos and didn’t notice a difference with my ghost on the straight before T1. What car did you use and how much speed did you gain?

Last edited:
If you balance the DS4 over the triggers you can get just enough press to keep the ABS flashing with almost no brake input!

6. Controller
 - The DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller and steering controllers will now switch automatically. When the throttle or brake on one type of controller is pressed while driving, that controller will be enabled and the other controller will be disabled.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/au/gtsport/news/00_8914234.html

It looks like this wasnt fixed, Ebrahim is already on it to test it.

Edit: Confirmed, bug still works on the DS4 + wheel.

Last edited:
It looks like this wasnt fixed, Ebrahim is already on it to test it.
Fair enough.

I've no idea if the reason they made this change is related to the thread topic, or something else completely different.
Bu it seemed like it could be relevant so I thought I would post it.

A part of this game has been ruined by obvious exploits. Fair enough if it’s a big ABS undertaking, but the track limits at RBR and Barcelona recently? Those are easy fixes. There was even an update during the Barcelona weekly race period, and nothing changed. It feels like PD don’t care, I don’t blame anyone for not taking their game seriously.

Does it really work on Gr.3 cars? I tried it on Interlagos and didn’t notice a difference with my ghost on the straight before T1. What car did you use and how much speed did you gain?
it works in gr3 even though it has less of an effect but still i would say 3-4-5 tenths quicker than normal limit of the car

I always knew that Havaianas were magic , the black ones mostly. I also always have a half cup of cold coffe next to my seat but my Havaianas stay on the floor. :irked:

I've been quite sure since our Suzuka-Mini-thread that this exploit works on all cars, more or less, depending on car and track ... and that it's just a matter of time for it to spread.
Got to admit I gave up on further investigation back then, being disappointed over and over. So many possible exploits in a game that promotes itself being FIA sanctioned - this one's just been another brick in the wall !

Thank you @hellZfirE for bringing things to daylight again 👍 ...

Back