Possible source of CSP load cells.

• Thread starter racer_x124
  • 88 comments
racer_x124
After my load cell went out I was hunting for a replacement. Fanatec says tey are out of stock for OVER A MONTH STILL!

I found on another thread someone linked to this Weighing Sensor Strain Of Half-bridge Sensors auction. Sure, for $10 I would order a set. Completely forgot until they arrived just now.

Old on the left (excuse the hot glue, that was from the first repair)

M6vDrrp.jpg

Iwr7KdX.jpg

I will be testing this out in a few hours, so far it looks promising.

As long as it fits width-wise, you have a winner. Nice find. I'm guessing you got the hot glue trick from the iracing forums? :)

Let us know how it goes. These staring gauges aren't worth more than a few bucks a pop.

Sorry guys. I got it wired tonight but I think I jacked the plug on the PCB when I removed the old one. Got too busy tonight to investigate it any further.

Also just out of curiosity, at what sensitivity was your brake set to?

I'd have to guess around 75% on the heavy side. I never took note but there was a little bit left on the end that made it need more pressure and a lot on the less pressure feel. I really like to pound the brake if that helps.

CONFIRMED! It is now working on my rig! In both Fanatec and PS3 mode. I think I had it going into the beard backwards. From the outside of the board the wires are: black, red, white. Either I had them backwards of this new sensor has them backwards.

Either way, NO MORE WAITING FOR FANATEC AND OVER PAYING FOR SENSORS!

Hi
Sorry for delay :)
I post about Weighing Sensor Strain Of Half-bridge Sensors
and connector for them
Connector is: Micro 1.25 T-1 3-Pin JST Connector or you can buy on Ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Micro-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a2e074283

Replace the wires in the connector: red in the middle, black right, yellow left like the image below

dsc09112.jpg

1. connect white wire to black wire on connector
2. connect red wire to red wire on connector
3. connect black wire to yellow wire on connector

dsc09111.jpg

and that's it

dsc09110.jpg

For 12,4 $ you have 4 Weighing Sensor Strain Of Half-bridge Sensors for CSP :)

Last edited:
Hi
Sorry for delay :)
I post about Weighing Sensor Strain Of Half-bridge Sensors and connector for them

Replace the wires in the connector: red in the middle, black right, yellow left like the image below

1. connect white wire to black wire on connector
2. connect red wire to red wire on connector
3. connect black wire to yellow wire on connector
and that's it.

For 12,4 $ you have 4 Weighing Sensor Strain Of Half-bridge Sensors for CSP :)

Great find and good writeup! Thanks!

Awesome info jadran! I finally found the thread where that load cell was suggested and it was indeed you. So thanks a TON! I would still be waiting for Fanatec to deliver if it wasn't for you!

Just bought one two , great find 👍

Would it not be easier though to just use the connector of an old loadcell, so you can solder the wires colour on colour?

Last edited:
Just bought one two , great find 👍

Would it not be easier though to just use the connector of an old loadcell, so you can solder the wires colour on colour?
It's not that simple, look a little better last picture wire on the original and this replacement are not also sorted.
Okay you can use an old connector...

ps:
If you think it is "only" connect the wires color to color, try :)

This is perfect for those extra Jst connectors I got for my handbrake. Great Deal.

Edit: Not exactly a great deal anymore the Seller reacted to market forces and it is now 1 instead of 4 sensors.

Last edited:
I found those a long time ago, they are the same things used in the cheap digital bathroom scales (the scales have 4 of these in them). I checked on the Chinese suppliers, and in quantity they can be bought for less than a dollar. Nice little deal Fanatec has going.

I see all 4 sensors are still on the site :)

I bought 2 items. Does that means i will get 8 load cells ?

It's not that simple, look a little better last picture wire on the original and this replacement are not also sorted.
Okay you can use an old connector...

ps:
If you think it is "only" connect the wires color to color, try :)

I will try it when they arrive. I still have 2 old (broken) load cells, so i can use those connectors

Send request to the dealer how many gets a sensor if putting quantity 1 and you get an answer.
All the same it was when I bought.

I just confirmation of the dealer:

quantity 1 means 4 loadcells

So i gues i will have enough loadcells to last at for at least a couple of years :D

Back