Possible source of CSP load cells.

• Thread starter racer_x124
  • 88 comments
I just confirmation of the dealer:

quantity 1 means 4 loadcells

So i gues i will have enough loadcells to last at for at least a couple of years :D

...not to mention you won't be paying $15 x 4 + $ shipping charges if purchased stand alone.

Priceless. đź‘Ť đź‘Ť Nice to see a source has finally been located for providing this alternative.

Last edited:
So i gues i will have enough loadcells to last at for at least a couple of years :D

Or a lifetime.
I have replaced only one loadcell in almost four years and even that was my fault because I stupidly ripped off the wires while dismantling pedals.

My first one lasted 14 months, so you should be set.
Longevity will come down to potentiometer dial setting, and ABS/brake bias settings in-car.

Last edited:
Just occurred to me that I could use one of the extras for a load cell handbrake. Has anyone done this other than that Japanese guy that now works for Fanatec?

Just occurred to me that I could use one of the extras for a load cell handbrake. Has anyone done this other than that Japanese guy that now works for Fanatec?

I remember reading that guys thread and guys mentioning that Thomas should Hire him, Never knew he did in the end. Cool

Any update on the handbrake ? I got a 4 pack coming and that sounds like a Great idea.

Thank you racer and the rest of you guys posting great info in this thread, this is really good stuff not to mention cheap! :gtpflag: Coincident or not I have went through a few load cells already and so have many others from the looks of it so some very good info here indeed. Again, thanks.

I bought a set of 4 from Ebay (shipped from China) and had to have @eKretz re-wire them for me, but they seem to be working great so far!

Jerome

Little further info also guys - the correct connector is a 3-pin JST ZH connector. The one linked earlier looks like it would still work but it isn't exactly the same as stock.

As long as it fits width-wise, you have a winner. Nice find. I'm guessing you got the hot glue trick from the iracing forums? :)

Let us know how it goes. These staring gauges aren't worth more than a few bucks a pop.
Sorry for bumping an old thread, I had some issue with my load cell so I discovered this thread and I ordered the load cells and connector. I'm now waiting for them (it's nearly 3 weeks now, connectors are already arrived, load cell should arrive this week).
While I wait, do you mind to link me to this thread on the iRacing forum or just tell me about this "trick"? Is just to put some hot glue on the wires, and then to hope it works? :)

Thanks
Ciao!
Ignazio

Hot glue trick eh, I can only assume jon is talking about adding a dab of glue to the back side of the load cell to ensure the wire's stay put. If you ordered from the same seller as i did the cells will have a blob of white silicone over the wires which imo is adequate. Its not like your poking around the Load cell wires often. But then again a little extra insurance never hurt anyone. :cheers:

Hot glue trick eh, I can only assume jon is talking about adding a dab of glue to the back side of the load cell to ensure the wire's stay put. If you ordered from the same seller as i did the cells will have a blob of white silicone over the wires which imo is adequate. Its not like your poking around the Load cell wires often. But then again a little extra insurance never hurt anyone. :cheers:
I was asking to try to put my "original" load cell back to work while waiting for the new ones, because when I went back to the G27 pedals + nixim I finally remembered how great the step was with my CSP :) still, looking for something more . "modular" on breaking... I was thinking on the Niels Hesinkveld pro pedals, 50+Kg "real" of pedal load and a feel of a real brake when pushing. What I don't like that much in the CSP is that once you hit the load cell there is near to zero travel, or, at least, I can feel a really low travel...but different price range (200€ vs 700€)... But I'm going into a digression now! :)
When I came back home, midweek, I will try to put some hot glue on the load cell, hoping to find the new load cell already at home!

well, the hot glue seems to not have been of help, while trying to get the load cell to works it seems that the wires are no more working, depend on how i move them it's full on or off.
More sadly, the load cell replacement didn't arrived (shipped on april 24th) and i've contacted the seller, he will kindly resend me back another package because after 35 days it will be considered lost :( so at least another 15 days without CSP :( someone willing to send me 1 of the 4?! :D i will kindly send back 2 of them when i will receive mine :)

well, the hot glue seems to not have been of help, while trying to get the load cell to works it seems that the wires are no more working, depend on how i move them it's full on or off.
More sadly, the load cell replacement didn't arrived (shipped on april 24th) and i've contacted the seller, he will kindly resend me back another package because after 35 days it will be considered lost :( so at least another 15 days without CSP :( someone willing to send me 1 of the 4?! :D i will kindly send back 2 of them when i will receive mine :)

If you have a buddy who's really good at soldering small stuff, You could snip the wire off, Clean off the silicone and Unsolder the old leads and re solder with the remaining cut off of the connector.

My first load cell did the same, I could push/pull at the wires and would get the Spike and Loss of signal pending how i was pushing/pulling on the wire.

You can see i pulled off the silicone to see what kinda of connection's these have. Small But Do able.

Hy! First of all, please excuse my english, it isn`t very good. Thanks for this thread, I have searched a long time to get some data of the load cell, which is used in the csp. I want to build a hydraulic pedal box for my gt3rs for the ps3. I will use the sensors of the fanatec csp, except there is somebody, who can help me solving this problem. Here my question: After reading the datasheet of the alternative load cell from ebay, I think the load cell runs with 10Vdc (correct??) and the output is voltage and not current (correct?), but what range of output voltage needs the circuit board, where the load cell is connected. I ask because I think about to use a hydraulic pressure sensor, or is this in any case not possible?

Thanks!
johnny

19 days, still without load cells... i think i will pull the trigger on the fanatec one, but i really dislike to pay 17.50€ for shipment while load cell cost 15€ :@! :D
It's been now nearly 3 months without my CSP :(

Hey racer_x124, Man, I want Thank You for the "LINK" for these load cell sensors. I just ordered a set for my Pedals, I don't need them right this moment, just wanted to have some laying around for when the time comes. Thanks Again.
Stone775

19 days, still without load cells... i think i will pull the trigger on the fanatec one, but i really dislike to pay 17.50€ for shipment while load cell cost 15€ :@! :D
It's been now nearly 3 months without my CSP :(
Well, strange enough. This morning I found 2 package out of my door, the 2(x4) load cell, finally they arrived. What is strange is the fact that they came the same day, there is a,nearly, 40 days difference between the shipping date of the two (April 24th and June 2nd). Maybe they were forgotten at the customhouse, or the postal service have forgotten them at the local postal store, I don't know, fact is that now I have 8 load cell, payed for 4 :) and most important thing, after 30 days from second shipment I was quite sure that they would have never arrived at my home, only if I would have ordered from fanatec shop there would have been a chance to find them to my door, guess what, yesterday I ordered 2 load cell from fanatec! They were going to ship them this afternoon and I was lucky enough to cancel the order with some mails and got a refund, classy action from fanatec. Now I got them mounted and notice that work flawless but I have another issue, if I put the load cell amp to max I can get past a 1/4 of the signal, no matter how much I press (I go to the gym, 113kg-250lb with leg press, force is not an issue in this case :) ) and I was thinking if it can be an amp issue or if it could be the board circuit?

Anyway, a problem is solved, I can get back to my CSP after nearly 3-1/2 months

Well, strange enough. This morning I found 2 package out of my door, the 2(x4) load cell, finally they arrived. What is strange is the fact that they came the same day, there is a,nearly, 40 days difference between the shipping date of the two (April 24th and June 2nd). Maybe they were forgotten at the customhouse, or the postal service have forgotten them at the local postal store, I don't know, fact is that now I have 8 load cell, payed for 4 :) and most important thing, after 30 days from second shipment I was quite sure that they would have never arrived at my home, only if I would have ordered from fanatec shop there would have been a chance to find them to my door, guess what, yesterday I ordered 2 load cell from fanatec! They were going to ship them this afternoon and I was lucky enough to cancel the order with some mails and got a refund, classy action from fanatec. Now I got them mounted and notice that work flawless but I have another issue, if I put the load cell amp to max I can get past a 1/4 of the signal, no matter how much I press (I go to the gym, 113kg-250lb with leg press, force is not an issue in this case :) ) and I was thinking if it can be an amp issue or if it could be the board circuit?

Anyway, a problem is solved, I can get back to my CSP after nearly 3-1/2 months

Do you have it wired properly ? Or have you already solved the 1/4 signal issue ?

Do you have it wired properly ? Or have you already solved the 1/4 signal issue ?
i first wired them not in the right way, and the load cell didn't worked. Then i followed step by step the guide in the first page (BTW, Thank you so much :) ) and it worked good. The 1/4 issue was there even with my original LC, now that a new one didn't solved this issue i was thinking about what could be the source of this issue- But, just to be clear, i had set the load cell amp to the max setting that let me hit 100% and right now it need a good amount of pressure so i'm ok right now, i would like to investigate the issue just to be prepared in case a "major" failure should came across. I will likely contact Fanatec official support in the meanwhile.

Hello

I had the problem that i had to push very hard to get a signal on the brake so i ordered 4 replacements from china. But at least i had some signal.

I tried 3 of the new sensors but i dont get *any* signal. Used the original cable and extended it 1:1 with same colors. Do these have a different cable layout? What can be wrong? Can it be too long cable?

Unfortunately i cut off the wire from the old cell completely. So i cannot reverse it.
Main board should be ok because if i connect clutch to brake input, i get signal from clutch pedal.
Connection from connector to solder joint is also ok, so old wire is good.
If i connect the pedals without brake pcb, connect it back while its usb powered, i get a full signal in the driver and can also reduce it with the poti.

Also did some measurements:
voltage on red/black with load cell connected -1.6V
signal+ground 0.97 Ohms and 0.90 Ohms when pedal fully pressed
voltage on pcb without load cell -3.3V

So maybe its just reversed polarity?

Last edited:
Back