• Thread starter Joey D
  • 85 comments

Joey D

Premium
United States
Boyne Falls, MI
GTP_Joey
GTP Joey
Everyone always shows off their car washed and waxed but we all know that's a rare thing for cars that are daily driven. I know most of us probably do our best to keep our rides looking halfway decent but it often takes a lot of time to keep it looking that way. But hey, if your vehicle is driven and gets dirty just show it off in all it's unpolished glory!

And this is from today, I had to do some back road driving and with the thaw going on coupled with 2" of melted road surface along with some rain, well things were a bit muddy. I can't remember if I ever had the Cooper this dirty before. It has been down a dirt road or two in it's life time but they've mostly been dusty, dry ones or sandy two tracks up north. The road I was one was pure mud and was washed out in a couple areas which made it difficult to pass but the car took like like a champ by just keeping it in a low gear and not being too hard on the throttle. When it was all said and done I figured I needed to pull over before spraying it down and snap a couple of pictures.

IMG_0464-1.jpg

IMG_0465-1.jpg

IMG_0467-1.jpg

Aw dude, I wish you would have made this thread weeks ago! My car went for a whole 2 months without a wash, from December through January. the whole thing was gray with salt and road grime. It was disgusting.

You live in the Great Lakes region in March, your car will be dirty before you know it. It must be raining there right now.

Southern Ontario here, and I have to wash my car every week or else it has huge salt licks all over it and it starts attracting deer. I'll post a pic of it at the end of the week, although with all the rain it probably won't be that bad this time.

I wish I had time to post pics of the GTP. I haven't washed it in 3-4 years.

Maybe this weekend.

Meh, my car never really gets dirty. Sure, I get the usual dust from driving it around, but nothing really dirty. I'll have to wait until April when the air turns into pure pollen. Then I'll post a picture of my greenish-yellow Tundra.

You live in the Great Lakes region in March, your car will be dirty before you know it. It must be raining there right now.

Yeah, the ice storms last night pretty much cleaned my car off. That, and it being white, it never looks all that dirty unless its really, really bad.

*le sigh*

I'll have to get a photo of my car out ASAP.

I'll get on it later this week. Where I work, dust settles on everything, including my car, so...yeah.

Aw dude, I wish you would have made this thread weeks ago! My car went for a whole 2 months without a wash, from December through January. the whole thing was gray with salt and road grime. It was disgusting.

No fear.

A warning for those of you thinking of taking a trip to Florida during the month of May: Rent it!

ScionLoveBugs2010May.jpg

Must have deleted the one I had of mine. It's gotten to the point of being a nice flat gray over the entire thing a couple times so far this winter. Can't wait to wash and wax it and have it all nice and shiny again!

Since the snow has actually hung around for more than two days my car has officially became winter dirty. I'll probably wash it in the next few days though once either the snow has melted or there's no precipitation in the forecast.

IMG_1754-1.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

Figured I'd bring this thread back.

Thursday morning I did a 140 mile drive to the other side of the state after a bit of snow had fallen. The salt, spray, slush and just general winter grime really covered the car.

JCwLsgu.jpg

ERm5Dam.jpg

QLOzc0B.jpg

And from a few weeks back at the RallyX.

q584qyx.jpg

In 2010. Looks the same now (it's winter) for the most part, if anything it's cleaner and a bit better now. This is the bad side of the truck as far as rust goes. Otherside is MUCH better.
1216001647.jpg

Rally GB 2011. Unfortunately Bruiser stayed like this for another week or two because we didn't have time to wash him. He started to smell bad after a bit. :crazy:

379494_2616833098662_1063057772_n.jpg

302320_2616833738678_2145923088_n.jpg

378704_2616903380419_1304701583_n.jpg

Back