Post a Pic of Your Dirty Car

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 85 comments
Well maybe if someone didn't get it so dirty they wouldn't have to hover hand it later.:P

Being in the vicinity of others driving automatically makes you 15 percent responsible for any and all mud.
Says the one who had it so sideways on dirt that he blew the power steering system seal.

480 after tax.
Pump, serpentine belt (It had occasionally been slipping on startup), hydro steering fluid, fluid flush kit, and labour.
It was cheaper than I thought it was going to be.
That's not too bad, but it's not cheap. I hope I didn't do anything to hasten its demise!

That's not too bad, but it's not cheap. I hope I didn't do anything to hasten its demise!

Took it to the best shop in town, years back all the other places said Mom needed a new muffler, this place charged them a few bucks to just reweld the bracket instead.

And no, of course not...
(After driving with no assistance for a week the hardest thing was parking, you could still drive quick and the steering stayed fairly light. So even with snow drifts it's less wear than simply parking it.)

It's even dirtier now so ill try and get another picture today.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Probably doesn't look quite as dirty with the lighting and quality of the photo, but my GS hasn't been cleaned in a month.
553322_10206072058739879_5580107308804402120_n.jpg

10408630_10206072065260042_2105505063323785130_n.jpg

So...I finally was able to bring it into work and clean it on Saturday.

After a bit of testing out my new gravel tyres the day before my first hillclimb. EDIT: Turns out I've already posted this first image on the first page..... But not the second one.

And racing it in a hillclimb.

You won't see it much more dirty than this.

Last edited:
Mom's truck. It was clean before we drove 6 hours in terrible wind and snow.

PART_1424027197718_20150215_110536.jpg

Every once in a while I get back home after a long drive in some heavy rain and think, I need to take a picture of this. Then I go to bed and get a good night's sleep. I wake up in the morning and wash the car and go, always forgetting to take the picture.

Most of the dirt seems to collect at the back end ;)

Back