Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,455 comments
Hey I didn't realize you were in PA as well. :P

Yeah I'm down towards the Maryland line! Are you going to Supercars on State street next weekend?

I'm literally amazed that black steelies look so great on your car. What method did you use to lower it?

Thanks! And yeah I'm pleased with how it turned out! Its on Skunk2 Coilovers. I then have Megan racing front upper control arms and Voodoo13usa rear camber kit and lower control arms. Before I bought the car it had a B18 swap, so I wanted to work on the suspension side of things first. :cheers:

Yeah I'm down towards the Maryland line! Are you going to Supercars on State street next weekend?

Thanks! And yeah I'm pleased with how it turned out! Its on Skunk2 Coilovers. I then have Megan racing front upper control arms and Voodoo13usa rear camber kit and lower control arms. Before I bought the car it had a B18 swap, so I wanted to work on the suspension side of things first. :cheers:

I might be going. I'd like to, but I'm not familiar with the area it's held so if I don't have a navigator, I'm not so sure I'll wanna go.

I'm more up north, Harrisburg is like 1 1/2 away.

image.jpg

Ford F-150 XL Regular Cab Short Bed 4.2L Essex V6 Manual Transmission. 195,000 miles.

@JMoney689, how do you like those Coopers? My work only sells the Toyo equivalent... I'm curious because I think the Coopers have a more popular following, despite being equivalent to the Toyos.

On-topic:

14765972737_aed98e96c7_o.jpg

I love these new rims... Sparco Assetto Gara 16x7"

Don't start with the "should've gone hellaflush" nonsense, please. I like my car's ride quality.

Shoulda gone hellaflush for some 17's.
:grumpy: My autocross club wouldn't allow it. In a year or two, I probably will. They will also be Continental Tires mounted on Sparco Assetto Gara rims...

But, I love it. I just put new license plate covers on it, to get rid of the bent/mangled appearance of the un-covered plates. A few too many trailer hitch mishaps...

:grumpy: My autocross club wouldn't allow it. In a year or two, I probably will. They will also be Continental Tires mounted on Sparco Assetto Gara rims...
Is it some kind of rule against modified cars? I don't autocross so I don't have a clue.

They're nice looking wheels though.

Is it some kind of rule against modified cars? I don't autocross so I don't have a clue.

They're nice looking wheels though.

Thanks!

The club uses SCCA classing rules which say you're allowed to change rim size within an inch (referring to width) but not tire size, in G-stock classes. I'm probably going to do a bunch more autocross events this year and next in that class with this car, while saving a majority of my money towards another/faster/turbo/less 4EAT car.

When I buy this faster car, I won't care about anything except DD'ing this one, and its appearance. So, next year I'm grabbing some sandpaper and doing the necessary body work, while saving for the next car. Then this one can go on 17s with coilovers.

I just didn't want to get into my life story of plans; kinda why I said "don't get into that hellaflush nonsense." ;) Because at this stage of the build, naahhhhhh.

@ITCC_Andrew Love 'em. So much better than the Michelins I had before (which were worn, but only slightly). They were quite cheap too- $160 per tire. I liked them so much my Dad eventually got them for his Ranger. The only downside was they lowered my mileage by about a quarter of a mile, nothing major. Are you wanting to put them on your Subaru or do you have another car?

@ITCC_Andrew Love 'em. So much better than the Michelins I had before (which were worn, but only slightly). They were quite cheap too- $160 per tire. I liked them so much my Dad eventually got them for his Ranger. Are you wanting to put them on your Subaru or do you have another car?
Neither. I'm just a curious mechanic who likes to make informed recommendations. Speaking of, I'm happy with my Continental Tires on my Impreza, which is why I've ordered another set... I get them for dirt cheap through work, $550 CDN for all four, installed on my car by myself.

So, no, I don't have any plans of buying them myself, but if a customer asks about which tires, I know that the Toyo and Cooper are both good choices.

By comparison, some people (at least one customer) have complained about Conti CrossContact LXs, for being prone to vibrations; this is something I would take into consideration before recommending them. Perhaps, if the customer has a bent rim, the better choice would be a different tire which would be less prone to the vibrations.

$550 for new tires is cheap if you want any kind of performance out of them.
Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. Look up the Tire Rack price... Then consider shipping to Canada. ildd hit the nail on the head with this, they're quite expensive normally... But I get an employee's discount. It's amazing and I love it. :D

Continental ExtremeContact DW tires. Look up the Tire Rack price... Then consider shipping to Canada. ildd hit the nail on the head with this, they're quite expensive normally... But I get an employee's discount. It's amazing and I love it. :D
Huh, those are very popular tires on my car, according to people on MBWorld. Hell... my tires were about $150 each not including mounting, but got a discount due to the last ones not meeting warranty. Ended up being like $300 installed. (I have Yokohama YK580's)

I seriously recommend them. They were the most frequently seen tires I saw today at the Subaru meet; Continental has never had any affiliation with Subaru, meaning that every single set of Contis I saw today were people who had converted because they liked them.

And, they were all repeat customers, too... Guys who sold their car, or changed rim sizes, but bought the same tires in a different size or for their new car. I'm not kidding, Conti are making some of the best "all-rounder" tires nowadays... Please don't think I'm biased, I mean, I do work for a subsidiary, BUT this isn't why I'm telling you this.

Of course, the YK850s aren't bad, either, although uncommon in Canada...

Last edited:
I seriously recommend them. They were the most frequently seen tires I saw today at the Subaru meet; Continental has never had any affiliation with Continental, meaning that every single set of Contis I saw today were people who had converted because they liked them.

And, they were all repeat customers, too... Guys who sold their car, or changed rim sizes, but bought the same tires in a different size or for their new car. I'm not kidding, Conti are making some of the best "all-rounder" tires nowadays... Please don't think I'm biased, I mean, I do work for a subsidiary, BUT this isn't why I'm telling you this.

Of course, the YK850s aren't bad, either, although uncommon in Canada...
Haha, luckily, living in Texas, I really don't have to deal with any snow or ice. I don't know if i'll stick to Yokohama's when I get new rims, but I haven't had any problems with these or my last set (YK520's). Quiet, comfy, grippy although I can't really test that... I just need a good set of summer tires and i'll be set for a few years (I drive like 8k miles a year now)
edit- and a decent treadlife warranty

Subaru, sorry... Conti never had any affiliation with Subaru.

Haha, luckily, living in Texas, I really don't have to deal with any snow or ice. I don't know if i'll stick to Yokohama's when I get new rims, but I haven't had any problems with these or my last set (YK520's). Quiet, comfy, grippy although I can't really test that... I just need a good set of summer tires and i'll be set for a few years (I drive like 8k miles a year now)
edit- and a decent treadlife warranty

👍 My Contis lasted like 30,000 km. of track/aggressive driving, and even held air (and continue to hold air) despite having a screw in them. :lol: It's incredible. I noted that there was a screw while switching them, sprayed on the leak detector... No leak, no bubbles... Nothing. I didn't want to patch it because I'm so close to replacing them, but... :lol: I find it hilarious that I can still get away with it for the next two-ish days until the new ones arrive.

I normally have to patch every tire twice because of numerous leaks... Nope, not the Contis.

Do I sound like a massive fan? That's because I am...

I hate how stupidly expensive anything is to do with motoring in the Uk :(

I'd never be able to drive of a corvette at my age, let alone one with forces induction. It'd probably cost me £20k just to insure it.

I'd never be able to drive of a corvette at my age, let alone one with forces induction. It'd probably cost me £20k just to insure it.
Ha - come over to NL - even more expensive here.

That's even if you could get insurance for it.

Latest Posts

Back