Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Went Ice RallyX last weekend...someone took cool pictures of my car...:D

SVR_IR-31.jpg

SVR_IR-40.jpg

SVR_IR-41.jpg

Drove my Jetta for the first time in almost two weeks yesterday, man I've missed that little diesel engine. I'll also be doing a DPF & EGR delete as well as a full 3"straight pipe and tune in about a month. Should be almost 200 horsepower to the front wheels and right at 300 ft/lb of torque. Deleting all the emissions equipment will be great for my mileage as well.

I'm actually quite fond of the rear end on the MKV Jetta.

When I get my exhaust and tune I'll be sure to post a video.

I've grown to like these gauges. The text is more green than the images shows.

image.jpg

Are they green and red or blue and red?

I see blue and red...

:P

I spy, with my lil eye, one of my fav. Mercs... care to share?

Sure, it is my brothers car. She is an '85 300D with the inline 5 turbo diesel engine. It was a one family owned car, the person he bought it from received it from his grandmother when she died so the previous owner restored the whole car. He also had euro headlights and bumpers installed as well as OZ racing wheels. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures where she is cleaned up, but these will do.

I used to own an '84 300D myself. She was in a sad state due to the neglect from the previous owner, I got her running for a few more years but the rust eventually put an end to her. Thankfully her healthy heart (and transmission) went to a good home where they'll be transplanted in a good body. Here is what mine looked like sitting in the driveway of my old house...

And the day she was put on Craigslist for sale...

While we're at it, this isn't mine but I do get to drive it quite often.

@Team THRT Drift if you're interested I could probably get some more pictures of my brother's 300D. She'll still be dirty but they'll be better quality pictures than what I have now.

Those are pretty cool, what are they from?

2009-ford-focus-904-p1.jpg

Are they green and red or blue and red?

I see blue and red...

:P

I spy, with my lil eye, one of my fav. Mercs... care to share?
They are more green and red as that's Fords signature dash colors but they are very light green, enough to make them look blue to the camera.

Sure! I love the '80s 300 series. Also, how's the Jetta as a DD?

I'm stuck between the Jetta, the Golf TDI, and the Golf GTI. I love all three of them, just don't know which one.

I'm leaning towards the GTI.

2009-ford-focus-904-p1.jpg

They are more green and red as that's Fords signature dash colors but they are very light green, enough to make them look blue to the camera.

I think you missed the joke... :P

I'm stuck between the Jetta, the Golf TDI, and the Golf GTI. I love all three of them, just don't know which one.

I always do :lol:

I absolutely love my Jetta. The engine has plenty of torque so there is no need to downshift when I want to pass a slower vehicle, the car is extremely comfortable, there are quite a few gadgets (heated seats, sunroof, 6 disc CD player, all that jazz) and the mpg is fantastic too. I've only had it since December so the car has only been run on winter fuel and I've stilled averaged 44.8 mpg over 7100 miles. My best was 50.5 mpg while driving my brother to Memphis, Tennessee (got over 700 miles on one tank that trip) to pick up his '10 Golf TDI, and my worst was 40.4 mpg due to extremely cold weather and more than my usual city driving. I track all my fill ups on Fuelly.

My profile, if you're interested.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/volkswagen/jetta/2010/WindSquid/334756

As I said, my brother has a Golf TDI and I think that is a damn nice car too. We both have 2010 model years but for the Golf that is a MKVI while my Jetta is a MKV so he has a few updated goodies like HD radio. Out of all my vehicles my truck is still by far my favorite but that is due to sentimental reasons, objectively the Jetta is the best daily driver by far. Here is a few pictures of my brother's '10 Golf TDI.

5b0b9b4741.jpg
So, a thing happened.

The one without the plate blurred has been mine for... About a month now, actually. V8 power is nice. V8 fuel economy is not. Said V8 having a few oil leakage issues is also suboptimal, but hey, I don't have all that much money into the car and it's got dual zone climate, heated/cooled/ventilated seats, adequate power, and doesn't look half bad for being 12.

5b0b9b4741.jpg
So, a thing happened.

The one without the plate blurred has been mine for... About a month now, actually. V8 power is nice. V8 fuel economy is not. Said V8 having a few oil leakage issues is also suboptimal, but hey, I don't have all that much money into the car and it's got dual zone climate, heated/cooled/ventilated seats, adequate power, and doesn't look half bad for being 12.
A Infiniti Q45. I thought about getting one of them instead of my GS, but the oil consumption from the V8 as you mentioned and the reviews consisting of repairing it daily scared me off. It still looks nice though. How does it drive for you?

A Infiniti Q45. I thought about getting one of them instead of my GS, but the oil consumption from the V8 as you mentioned and the reviews consisting of repairing it daily scared me off. It still looks nice though. How does it drive for you?

M45 actually, so the sportier, smaller, not-actually-lighter little bro to the Q. Oil consumption in my case doesn't seem to be awful in spite of the leaks (usually when people complain about consumption it's due to burning it), as I've lost less than half a quart in the ~1000 miles I've put on it since purchase, and it wasn't necessarily driven lightly for all of that.

As for constant fixes... Eh. Some of it is considerably blown out of proportion, although there are certain issues every one of them will run into. I know mine has 75% of them. :lol:

And onto the drive itself. Nice. Very nice. It's definitely sprung somewhat stiffly and as a result can get slightly harsh over larger bumps at lower speeds, but get it on the highway and it cruises like nobody's business. Body movements are fairly well controlled, roll is very minimal for such a barge, and the steering gets a "not bad".

Infiniti's advertising for it was honestly rather fitting. The Y34 didn't exactly "fit in" with what it was priced against, it was considerably bigger outside than the 5er/E-Class/GS/Lincoln LS/etc (in fact in terms of overall dimensions I'd say it's closest to the X308 Jaguar XJ) but also had more power than you could find in any of them short of going to an AMG or M car for quite a lot more money. Hell, lemme rephrase that slightly. It had more power than a 540i for 530i money.

And now, um. Well, you see... I honestly don't think I could've bought something faster for the same money. Built, maybe, possibly, if I had tools and work space, but it'd wind up looking like a LeMons entry as opposed to being a properly decent luxury car.

Very nice on the M45, @Rotary Junkie, I've always really liked those. Even though it sounds like you've got a few issues with it, in the end, it's still a car that should be quite reliable. Assuming that you're using it as a daily driver, it's really nice to have that V8 power and be able to just cruise around in comfort.

Back