Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
:lol: they've been on the car since I got it. I've had more important issues to worry about like the engine blowing up last year hahaha
It's not a hard thing to do, if you can get some time to do it, but yeah, it's more important to keep the car running. I mean, you can't even see them when driving it.

Opened an Instagram account as I'll soon have more car-related blurb to show off on a regular basis. Thought I'd start as I mean to go on :

IMG_20150304_151752.jpg

There's a new addition to the Katiegan family...

image.jpg

Meet Pandagan, a 2004 Fiat Panda Dynamic, with a tiny 1.2L engine. It came in as a part exchange at work, and my boss wanted to get rid of it fast as it was taking up space. He said I could have it for £400, which is a steal considering these normally go for at least a grand more. Officially bought it today and brought it home. It's super cheap to insure and run, so it's an ideal first car for me. Of course, Bruiser is still here!

image.jpg

It wasn't my first choice (well, apart from the 100HP), but for £400 I've got nothing to lose. Everything on them is easy and cheap to do, insurance is cheap, tax isn't too much, it's all I really need. It's got a lot more get up and go than the 1.2 Corsa I'm learning in!
You're in a handy position that you can work on it yourself, I guess - though these are among the more reliable Fiats anyway and parts for small cars don't tend to be too expensive.

And yes, the engine will feel a lot peppier than that in the Corsa. Vauxhall's naturally-aspirated small engines are totally gutless in my experience!

This is going to be a long post
First car is a 1981 Chevy El Camino
DSC00013 by Zodijackyl29, on Flickr
It has a 350 V8 to a 700R4 Transmission that is controlled by a B&M Megashifter and is transferred to a 4.10 Rear end. The car is going through some testing as me and my dad just finished a trans swap from a 500 Saginaw manual along with doing a little bit of wiring (what little there is)

Next up is the 1997 Chevy Astro Conversion van
DSC00014 by Zodijackyl29, on Flickr
It's got a 4.3L V6, Interior maroon lights, and a fold out couch bed that is no longer used since I'm to big for it. Bough this van as a "Winter Beater" but I also use it to camp out at the race track. If only it gets better gas mileage. At least its good for stickers!
DSC00015 by Zodijackyl29, on Flickr

Next is the 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
DSC00017 by Zodijackyl29, on Flickr
Got this after my grandfather passed away. It has over 170K Miles on it and the trans is ready to explode at any time. This will probably be the last year for it. It also has a Functional hood scoop that my dad did to help keep the block cool. It also came from the factory with a cassette deck.. IN THE YEAR 2000

This is my dad's 1984 Corvette
DSC00018 by Zodijackyl29, on Flickr
It has the Z51 handling package along with some sport tires off a first gen Dodge Viper (well the front tires). Sadly the engine block is worn out and is losing power faster then the car is losing value. It still turns the tires over and takes off pretty good and that's good enough for my dad. It's also a targa top what is great for the summer. Right now it's waiting for the snow to go away, a good car wash, and some fresh trans fluid (as it leaks due to a bad seal)

This is my newest car. A 1984 Pontiac Fiero
DSC00019 by Zodijackyl29, on Flickr
Its got the 2.5L Iron Duke I4 engine, some dryrotted tires, and speakers in the head rest (A first for me). I got this car to use for open track day at my local track. Right now it's waiting on a rear seal for the engine.

Last car on the lot is a 1985 Chevy S10 Blazer
DSC00020 by Zodijackyl29, on Flickr
This is my dads car. He bought it a couple years ago, drove it home, sat through the winter. Went to start up for the first time in the spring and it blew the converter. It has a Detroit Locker (thats what the seller said it also could be welded what is worst) and a rebuilt 350 V8 that has under 500 miles on it. It will probably never move again or at least not in our hands. Got enough to do with the El Camino and the Fiero.

Also work on my buddies race car what is a 1990 Honda CRX that is running in SCCA in the STL class.
It has a 1.6L engine making a little over 100 Hp. It also weighs around 2100 pounds and trying to get that number down. Its running on Spec Miata tires (as they are cheaper) and at the moment is being put back to gether and waiting for a good day to paint. The picture is from last years driving school. To follow us this year hit us up at http://watracing.com/ or at our Facebook page

Attachments

• STL-90-GRID-L.jpg
    STL-90-GRID-L.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Greatpicture, wish I would catch a chance like that with my car.

Btw I used to have a 2001 corolla with a cassette player lol.
Thanks! I went for a ride in the Huracan and it's absolutely insane, the acceleration, the braking, everything. It feels like it won't brake in time but it always does and the limits of handling are so high that I can't imagine any public road or racetrack in the island where you could get to them. I've had rides in a Viper, GTR, Turbo NSX and this is probably a close second in terms of in gear acceleration behind the NSX but way ahead of everything else in terms of everything else, definitely an experience and oh my god those downshifts. I had seen videos of huracans beaten at airstrip events by modified 997 turbos, can't fathom what one of those must be like to be honest.

Here's another pic of part of the garage:
10341557_740823446032553_8792390510381150958_n.jpg

There's a 2001 corolla at home that I use sometimes. However, it doesn't have a cassette player. My car does :lol:

Back