Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
@fortbo Honestly dude you shouldn't give a crap about what people think of your car, especially on here. You enjoy looking at it and driving it and that is what matters.

You're taking it to the track and seem to be having a blast. Even if your hood isn't functional, plenty of people put on aftermarket hoods that may not be functional, hell I plan on doing the same thing cause it looks cool.

Ide just say, keep doing what your doing man. You're the one who looks back at it when you park at it, not any of us.

Rezzzaaaaa.

1-2.JPG

@fortbo Honestly dude you shouldn't give a crap about what people think of your car, especially on here. You enjoy looking at it and driving it and that is what matters.

You're taking it to the track and seem to be having a blast. Even if your hood isn't functional, plenty of people put on aftermarket hoods that may not be functional, hell I plan on doing the same thing cause it looks cool.

Ide just say, keep doing what your doing man. You're the one who looks back at it when you park at it, not any of us.
Yeah, I guess I was just curious as to what people thought of it. The hood actually is functional by the way but I get what you are trying to say. Sometimes it is hard not to listen to some of the negative opinions sometimes, but then I got to remember that they really do not matter since it is my car and if I like the direction it is going in they really do not matter. I just thought it was weird how only people on this site had those opinions on it for the most part. I usually get a lot of compliments on it so that was kind of why I asked people why they didn't like it a few pages ago. Maybe that was a mistake all together.

It is already a track car technically. And yes the S3 still is a lease.

You have some real world track experience. And that's something that 9 out of 10 guys who talk big will never have. But don't lose sight over what makes a track car, a track car. Forget about how it looks. And while it could be argued many different ways, what really matters...

is this...
13658_4351_large.jpg

...and this...
Sabelt%20Gold%20Series%206-Point%20Harness.jpg

...and this...
wr-boltincage-red-3.jpg

THAT is what makes a track car.

And all of those are pretty much incompatible and in fact, out right, life threateningly dangerously when installed in a road car. A road car being used and driven on public roads. Unless of course you're WEARING a helmet on the road. Which is illegal.

Road cars make lousy track cars. And vice versa. If you really want to turn the A6 into a track car, it can be done. But the first step should be to take it OFF the road and strip it out. Like most cars, even cars with 'sporty' intentions, it's WAY too heavy (both overall and nose heavy). By removing the door innards, seats, a/c, radio, airbags, sound deadening, etc, you should be able to shed a few hundred pounds, even with the addition of a full cage. When you're down to < 3,500-lbs including you as the driver, I think the car will be a lot more interesting. And certainly better balanced.

But do me one favor, get rid of those ridiculous canards. They're pointless. And they're not doing anything. When you have a large front splitter and a large rear wing (on a car with a properly tuned suspension and sticky tires mind you), the purpose of those canards is to help fine tune and balance the downforce between front and rear. Think of it like trim. On their own, they're really not doing much of anything but adding drag. And they just look silly.

I think an A6 track car is a novel concept. And something worth pursuing if you either have the money or your parents are completely and totally insane enough (OK fine) willing and supportive enough to indulge your endeavor. A guy from NASA NE did the same thing a few years back with a Chrysler 300.

HPDE_08_06-404a_zps00192342.jpg

Just don't underestimate the cost and commitment involved. There's a reason people tend to buy used track cars that somebody else already developed. Because while putting one together has obvious advantages, it's a money sucking black hole that you'll likely never fully recover from.

You have some real world track experience. And that's something that 9 out of 10 guys who talk big will never have. But don't lose sight over what makes a track car, a track car. Forget about how it looks. And while it could be argued many different ways, what really matters...

is this...
13658_4351_large.jpg

...and this...
Sabelt%20Gold%20Series%206-Point%20Harness.jpg

...and this...
wr-boltincage-red-3.jpg

THAT is what makes a track car.

And all of those are pretty much incompatible and in fact, out right, life threateningly dangerously when installed in a road car. A road car being used and driven on public roads. Unless of course you're WEARING a helmet on the road. Which is illegal.

Road cars make lousy track cars. And vice versa. If you really want to turn the A6 into a track car, it can be done. But the first step should be to take it OFF the road and strip it out. Like most cars, even cars with 'sporty' intentions, it's WAY too heavy (both overall and nose heavy). By removing the door innards, seats, a/c, radio, airbags, sound deadening, etc, you should be able to shed a few hundred pounds, even with the addition of a full cage. When you're down to < 3,500-lbs including you as the driver, I think the car will be a lot more interesting. And certainly better balanced.

But do me one favor, get rid of those ridiculous canards. They're pointless. And they're not doing anything. When you have a large front splitter and a large rear wing (on a car with a properly tuned suspension and sticky tires mind you), the purpose of those canards is to help fine tune and balance the downforce between front and rear. Think of it like trim. On their own, they're really not doing much of anything but adding drag. And they just look silly.

I think an A6 track car is a novel concept. And something worth pursuing if you either have the money or your parents are completely and totally insane enough (OK fine) willing and supportive enough to indulge your endeavor. A guy from NASA NE did the same thing a few years back with a Chrysler 300.

HPDE_08_06-404a_zps00192342.jpg

Just don't underestimate the cost and commitment involved. There's a reason people tend to buy used track cars that somebody else already developed. Because while putting one together has obvious advantages, it's a money sucking black hole that you'll likely never fully recover from.
All of those items are planned for the car. It is a process and yes I will get rid of the canards. I am planning on getting it off the road sometime after college since I'll have the S3 to daily.

Drove down this road last week but didn't have my camera, went today and most of the leaves were gone. :grumpy:
image.jpg

Made a friend at Cars and Coffee!
image.jpg

The other one is finally stripped and ready to go, was gonna save those harnesses but it was a pain in the ass and I was tired so eh
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My dad gifted me my first vehicle a few months ago. A '96 Ford F-150. (It's older than me! :() Been learning how to drive for the past few months, and I think I've started to fall in love with this thing! Already changed a few things out on it. I still want to add a :gtplanet: sticker to the rear window. :D

FB_IMG_1477414829577.jpg

We both changed out some of the dash pads in my truck and his, a '97 F-350. Like father, like son, I suppose!

FB_IMG_1477414874920.jpg

*flashback to '95 Ranger*
"why have you forsaken me," whispers the Ranger
unnamed.jpg

Also found this dope '47 Chevy. Owners were an elderly couple from Mississippi, driving to Tucson. I saw them after they had completed 2281 miles of their journey. V8 swapped, 4-speed auto, A/C, suuuper clean on the inside. Outside had some patina
unnamed1.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

Last edited:
My N16 has been getting alot of new suspension parts, starting to show it's 10 year old age but all good now.

Could be my last year with it

Attachments

• DSC_0087-01.jpeg
    DSC_0087-01.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 21
Back