Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Yyyyeeeeep

I found that brake dust will mostly polish out using a compound if it's on paint. I spent about 2 hours per wheel doing mine but that's 32 spokes per wheel...

Yes I heard this as well from a friend of mine that's big into waxing, polishing, the works. Buy a clay bar just for the rims, one for the paint, etc. Been watching a lot of car detailing YouTubers, mainly AMMO NYC.

I'm waiting on a clear and relatively warm day. Then again I could just wait until the summer to go and get my rims refurbished since they're the original 5 spokes that came from the factory.

Was sorting some photos in my HDD and found these from last summer:

uHD6h1v.jpg

Kv4O34w.jpg

@jjjkr20 how's the 2J? Any plans, performance wise?

It's awesome only 100k miles, but it does need a little love but I see it going for a long time. As for performance the wheels poke out a little so I'm looking to get coil overs soon but aside from that maybe a nice set of headers and i already have a intake to install but I'd call it good there.

For the most part I don't want to bring too much attention to myself, ecept for how badly i want to wrap it.

@Aki Ko misinterpreted your message. I read it as "sun tilted in inferred cold weather". I thought you meant the shot itself, or the angle of the camera.

But yes, this thing has around 18 vents in the cabin, not counting the ones on the floor in the back because the rear mats are covering them up. So driving around with the heater on, it warms up quick. I just set it to blow from the feet and open the sunroof. The heat naturally rises and escapes up top leaving a nice gradient in the cabin.

@Aki Ko misinterpreted your message. I read it as "sun tilted in inferred cold weather". I thought you meant the shot itself, or the angle of the camera.

But yes, this thing has around 18 vents in the cabin, not counting the ones on the floor in the back because the rear mats are covering them up. So driving around with the heater on, it warms up quick. I just set it to blow from the feet and open the sunroof. The heat naturally rises and escapes up top leaving a nice gradient in the cabin.
I missed the "roof" part of sunroof, so I edited it right after I posted it.

Maniac. Then again, I probably would do the same.
It's awesome only 100k miles, but it does need a little love but I see it going for a long time. As for performance the wheels poke out a little so I'm looking to get coil overs soon but aside from that maybe a nice set of headers and i already have a intake to install but I'd call it good there.

For the most part I don't want to bring too much attention to myself, ecept for how badly i want to wrap it.
100k mile IS300? How much did you pay for it? And did you do the timing belt?

15 years old too but after 6 months I'm finally getting the timing belt done this weekend and just under $6k for it. I got it from my work so I'm a lucky guy.
Jeez, $6k. Back when I had my GS300, that was $6k with 144k miles when I first had it. That's a good price for 100k miles.

Wow i've been gone forever but I'm on to Lexus IS300 5spd!!

1. When I got it

QaT566f.jpg

2. After 5 cans of spare plasti dip

836NPEB.jpg

3. Now (blurry cause camera broke)

DxSyWOD.jpg

Very cool! Hard to find an IS300 with a manual, always wanted to drive one. I learned to drive on an automatic and it was still a ton of fun on a twisty road!

--

First photo of them all together

image.jpg

Back