Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
Nikon D5500. All those shots were taken using the Nikkor 18-140mm 3.5-5.6 lens. Evening/night shots are really tricky...

Those look great! I personally could never get the hang of that lens. Maybe because I was too focused on getting bokeh and thought it was a rather weak lens as a result.

For night shots, it is rather tricky with that lens. I personally use a 35mm f1.8 or a 50mm f1.8, they haven't let me down.

Gave the Pandaghini a quick detail today too. Really needs a clay bar. Or machine buff. Or just start again and get a complete respray. He may be low mileage but those previous owners have not been kind. :indiff:

Looks tough!

Finally got a DSLR, so much to learn...

DSC_0240_zpsxwy3svxl.jpg

DSC_0296_zpsldw4dqho.jpg

DSC_0324_zps5a9o65te.jpg

DSC_0257_zps7b42zqqo.jpg

DSC_0263_zpsvnd2ew6n.jpg
So far so good. Really liking these photos.

This is awesome
these are awesome pics

I was having a bit of a rough day this morning and afternoon so I brought my camera and drove around for a little. The original deal was to take pictures once I found a somewhat scenic location, which was quickly found. I've been wanting to take reflective pictures for the longest time and, although I had to shimmy my way across some curbs and rocks, I finally have a few now.
eIMG_7710.JPG

eIMG_7717.JPG

Coming back from hiding under the highway, I thought about taking pictures at a local office building I pass every day. I never really thought much about the building until I pulled in and realized the potential- the face of the building is almost perfectly facing East.
eIMG_7731.JPG

eIMG_7741.JPG

(I was laying down taking the above picture so there were no shadows on the car)
After leaving, I saw a 458 at a car wash. I've seen this parked there pretty often recently and today I found out why. The guy who owns the 458 bought the car wash two months ago and lightly remodeled it. He also bought the property behind the wash and to the right of it. He said he wants to put a small detailing center in the back and use the parking lot (to the right) for car shows and drive-in style movies, which I thought was pretty dang cool. I told him it would be pretty cool if he had that ready by July, because across the street is where our towns firework shows are. He looked over and was like, "yea... actually, you're right. That would be pretty cool if I had the lot ready by then. Car show and fireworks, what could be better?" Really cool dude. There was a little kid who had his mom pull a U-turn to see the 458 while I was taking pictures, he couldn't have been over 10 but he knew exactly what it was. The owner let him sit in it and put the roof down. I took a picture of the kid on his moms phone, haha. Stuff like that is so awesome to see and, for a couple seconds anyway, cool to be a part of. Never know what that might ignite or lead to.
eIMG_7774.JPG

Also @Harry6784 welcome to the club, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

20170423_204346.jpg

Came home and just finished washing the car and giving the interior a thorough clean. Don't have any polishing materials though :/

Also, found this anti theft feature on the driver side door:

IMG_20170424_004243_758.jpg

Basically it activates the sensors to be sensitive to nose pitch so if someone wants to tow your car away, it would trigger the alarm.

The blank space under that would be where the internal sensor switch would be - looks like a Wi-Fi icon - if I had the option equipped. The internal sensor would be activated/deactivated if you had a child or pet in the car while the car was locked. Movement inside the car would set the alarm off.

Imma take some DSLR interior pics tomorrow :D

I bought this '16 Holden SS Redline Ute about 6 months ago. Only mod so far is the lowered suspension - installed SSSL springs front and rear by Kings Springs. Dropped it by 55mm (~2in). Ride is obviously a little harsher than before but still comfortable and compliant enough even for the poor quality roads round here.
Before and After:
togtplan03.png

togtplan04.png

And here is a parting shot of the old ute I sold ('82 Holden WB) to make room for its younger brother..

togtplan05.png

Still hanging on to the Alfa for the time being though..

togtplan06.png

Offtopic question but it's related to owning a car for your first or second year since you got your license. Is/was your car ever registered as your own? Both in car ownership and insurance.

Offtopic question but it's related to owning a car for your first or second year since you got your license. Is/was your car ever registered as your own? Both in car ownership and insurance.
Yes. Once you pay off the loan or buy a car in its entirety, you get the title signed over to you.

I know this because I had the title to my Impala (used, paid off loan), but not my Mazda3 (lease, owned by bank)

2005 Honda Civic Si. I bought this car with only 75,000 miles on it August of 2016. It now has 80,700 miles. I haven't done any mods to it, yet. I have been researching the best route to take without making it "undrivable", it will be a good mix of daily driver and Auto X racer when it's all said and done.

It has TEIN lowering springs, which were installed by the last owner, as well as a magna flow cat back, and DNA "High Flow" cat'.

I definitely want to overhaul the suspension. View attachment 638608
:( Lovely. Miss my '04(same color). Only thing I did to it was, fit '04 Type R taillights with working rear foglight.

Yes. Once you pay off the loan or buy a car in its entirety, you get the title signed over to you.

I know this because I had the title to my Impala (used, paid off loan), but not my Mazda3 (lease, owned by bank)
The thing is, my Toyota is registered as my dad's car so i was just wondering if anybody else first car or early years of car ownership been like that.

The thing is, my Toyota is registered as my dad's car so i was just wondering if anybody else first car or early years of car ownership been like that.

When I bought my Grand Prix (used) at age 20, my mom was listed as primary driver and me as secondary. Even though the car was mine. Did wonders for cutting the price of insurance. (I paid for the insurance)

My car is registered under my name but my parents covers insurance since it's a lot cheaper.
It's very normal for younger people to just put their cars in their parent's name. Just make sure you ALWAYS have that insurance card and ID handy.

My car is registered in my name and my insurance is in my name with both my parents as named drivers. For new/young drivers in the UK, it's weirdly cheaper to get insurance in your name rather than a parents' name. Plus I don't think the police are too keen on people doing that, since whoever's name the insurance is under is supposed to be the main driver of the vehicle.

Back