Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
It snowed! WHYYYYYYY :irked::banghead::grumpy:

IMG_20170330_190933_934.jpg

IMG_20170330_191245_257.jpg

20170330_192426.jpg

I need rims and spacers. Thinking 20 inches... OZ Futuras or Rohannas.

What do you guys recommend? If you wanna 'shop it go ahead :D

Just realised how crap that first image looks. All of them in fact.

Got some new aluminum wheels for the 150!

FB_IMG_1490984875715.jpg

FB_IMG_1490984862890.jpg

Before and after. Smaller tires, as well. Off with the winters, on to the summers! Definitely like the lower profile look. Also got some black windshield trim...and a new windshield...since we broke the old one taking it off! :rolleyes: :lol:

FB_IMG_1490985244007.jpg

FB_IMG_1490984639832.jpg

Got some new aluminum wheels for the 150!

View attachment 638310

View attachment 638311

Before and after. Smaller tires, as well. Off with the winters, on to the summers! Definitely like the lower profile look. Also got some black windshield trim...and a new windshield...since we broke the old one taking it off! :rolleyes: :lol:

View attachment 638314

View attachment 638315

Love this gen! Looks great and drives the same. My dad owned a '96 150 and a '93 Bronco, which I drove. I'd love to own one for myself in the future.

It snowed! WHYYYYYYY :irked::banghead::grumpy:

View attachment 638101

View attachment 638102

View attachment 638106

I need rims and spacers. Thinking 20 inches... OZ Futuras or Rohannas.

What do you guys recommend? If you wanna 'shop it go ahead :D

Just realised how crap that first image looks. All of them in fact.
Why would you need spacers? Just get the correct size wheel and bolt it directly to the hub.
Spacers in NZ are something you can't just bolt on without a costly certification plus I have seen them cause issues for wheel 'balance' or breaking making a wheel fall off. I guess different countries see them differently.

I do like the Rohanas much more over the Futuras.

Why would you need spacers? Just get the correct size wheel and bolt it directly to the hub.
Spacers in NZ are something you can't just bolt on without a costly certification plus I have seen them cause issues for wheel 'balance' or breaking making a wheel fall off. I guess different countries see them differently.

I do like the Rohanas much more over the Futuras.

As long as you get decent spacers (H&R, Forge etc), longer wheel bolts (with the correct taper for the wheels) and torque everything up properly, you should have no issues. People who fit spacers and then have wheels fall off either bought cheap nasty eBay spacers or didn't fit them correctly.

2005 Honda Civic Si. I bought this car with only 75,000 miles on it August of 2016. It now has 80,700 miles. I haven't done any mods to it, yet. I have been researching the best route to take without making it "undrivable", it will be a good mix of daily driver and Auto X racer when it's all said and done.

It has TEIN lowering springs, which were installed by the last owner, as well as a magna flow cat back, and DNA "High Flow" cat'.

I definitely want to overhaul the suspension.
17670985_1365421246850960_1110895069_n.jpg

Attachments

• 17741199_1365421230184295_550940568_n.jpg
    17741199_1365421230184295_550940568_n.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 11
A few weeks ago I did something awesome and bought a second car! It's a much-cherished average car of mine, an '01 Corolla S. These cars are agile, reliable, and rarely seen by me, especially in comparison to '03+ S model Corollas, and I'm happy to finally own one for those very 3 reasons. Featured on this car are: black interior, red gauge cluster, 5MT, a 1ZZ-FE VVT-i, and the coolest little red cursive "S" emblem on the trunk lid. The car only makes 125hp, but that's fine, because it's peppy enough for now, and I plan to boost it in the near future. It's in need of some light maintenance first, however, like a refreshed suspension and (partially) steering system. It also needs wheel bearings really bad. I haven't even had the opportunity to change the oil because the purchase emptied my wallet for a while, lol. It's worth it though, because having two cars is awesome. It's the start of my collection!

32956832034_d276932ed9_b.jpg

and I plan to boost it in the near future.

2ZZ swap. Trust me, I have the same engine. All you're going to do is have a 1ZZ with 1% of the capability of a 2ZZ but 150% of the cost.

*2ZZ head swap could work too

Last edited:
Finally got some of the cars out! I had the MR2 out Sunday but ended up driving for over 2 hours until it was too dark to take any photos.. it's even more fun than I remember it.

So here's the '86 GT-S instead!
IMG_0600.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

--

@Zyla Hell yea fellow 90s Corolla appreciation. You should put a 4AGE in it instead. :D

SVX
2ZZ swap. Trust me, I have the same engine. All you're going to do is have a 1ZZ with 1% of the capability of a 2ZZ but 150% of the cost.

*2ZZ head swap could work too

That's okay man - I'm not looking for too much out of the car, power-wise. It's just my daily, and I'm focused more on handling with it, really. The Honda's what I'm going all out on. :cool:

That's okay man - I'm not looking for too much out of the car, power-wise. It's just my daily, and I'm focused more on handling with it, really. The Honda's what I'm going all out on. :cool:

I'd recommend my suggestions even more then, since not only will they have better drivability than a turbo setup, it'll be far more suitable for a daily too. ;)

My '99 Rover Mini - Paul Smith Ltd Edition.

View media item 31968
It had a bad oil leak when I purchased it last year and it cost a grand total of £7 to fix the problem. :lol: Okay, I had to do an oil change, but that was going to get done regardless, I would never trust an unknown mechanic to put the correct oil in a Mini.

It's a lovely car.

I'll post some more pictures when I can get them uploaded. :)

Last edited:
They look so good but yes, white vs driving them is difficult to keep clean.

Do you use any products on the wheels to help either repel dirt or make them easier to wipe clean?

Do you use any products on the wheels to help either repel dirt or make them easier to wipe clean?
I applied a layer of wax before putting them on the car, which has been extremely helpful. They clean up perfectly, it's just a very time consuming effort.

Back