Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
IMG_20180331_194737_105.jpg

Here's my current cars. I got a 2015 Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-Spec that I bought brand new as a summer toy. I'm on Scale coilovers, I got 20 inches Velgen VMB5 wheels, a carbon fiber trunk, a muffler delete, intake and a tune. Probably my last summer with it as I plan to upgrade to a C6 Z06. I'm debating right now if I should still keep it even if I buy the Z06. The thing is, the Genesis is very underrated, it's fun, it's cheap to maintain and it's been very reliable.

I also got a 2014 335i X-Drive M-Sport as a daily driver. I'm on Bilstein coilovers, I'm 100% straight piped, I got an intake and a JB4. That's my first BMW and it will probably be my last one... The build quality for a car of that price is unacceptable. Everything you touch cracks, shakes and rattles. Also, the reliability is frustrating at times... There's always a problem that pops up and puts the car into limp mode for unknown reasons. My car has been two full weeks to the dealer this winter and they haven't found the issue. Yesterday, another problem popped up saying that I got a chassis problem, now I can't use my driving modes. About 1 out of 5 times, the driver's side two doors can't open from the inside. I have to open the window and open the door from the outside...This car frustrates me. I come from a 2014 Infiniti Q50s and this car was very reliable and well built. It wasn't as fun to drive as the BMW, but still.

L0Dup59.jpg

y5MHbdW.jpg

sometimes it's just luck of the draw. my m3 has been bulletproof no creaks not even a check engine lightand that's with more than it's fair share of wide open pulls on a jb4 with full bolt ons running ethanol. The m5 I had before, that's a different story. I eventually had to lemon law that one. It literally spent more time in the shop than on the road in the year that I owned it.

its an f80, the post with pic is a few posts up. The m5 was an f10 (2013), very plush and capable car but prone to a lot of electrical and software related issues. Apart from the still lingering but not as prevalent HPFP issue the f30 is pretty solid. I do agree about the interior, it's the same complaint I have about my m3, way to much cheap plastic for a car in this price bracket. Again, love the Hyundai, really good looking car.

its an f80, the post with pic is a few posts up. The m5 was an f10 (2013), very plush and capable car but prone to a lot of electrical and software related issues. Apart from the still lingering but not as prevalent HPFP issue the f30 is pretty solid. I do agree about the interior, it's the same complaint I have about my m3, way to much cheap plastic for a car in this price bracket. Again, love the Hyundai, really good looking car.

You have/had nice cars! The widebody on those cars looks very good. If I had the balls to spend more, I would have bought an M3 instead of my 335.... But then I would need a new daily ahah. But I guess they worked a lot about the quality issues. From what I read, the new X3 and 5 series got excellent interior quality. The same will probably happen for the soon to be released next gen 3 series.

@Oslowley Can of Beans please.

@Oslowley

Tradition around here is, if you've got a vehicle that is, say, above Average Joe pricing, you post a picture with a slip that has your username in your handwriting next to a can of beans, preferably inside your vehicle.

Damn that was a run-on sentence :lol:

We understand if you feel a bit taken aback by this or offended, but it's just to deter cases that post a picture of an Audi R8 and say "This is my 2010 R8 that I bought new".

We're not saying you can't have an R8 you bought new but, we'd like some proof.

These threads used to get out of hand in the olden days when we all trusted each other :P

@Canada_25 Dude I'm thinking of moving to Quebec soon but the stringent laws on motor vehicle modifications really put me off.

I haven't looked into it too much but how do you do it? What is cut-and-dry legal and illegal of a modification? Where is the grey area or is it up to a cop's interpretation of how he wants to enforce it?

Last edited:
@Oslowley

Tradition around here is, if you've got a vehicle that is, say, above Average Joe pricing, you post a picture with a slip that has your username in your handwriting next to a can of beans, preferably inside your vehicle.

We understand if you feel a bit taken aback by this or offended, but it's just to deter cases that post a picture of an Audi R8 and say "This is my 2010 R8 that I bought new".

These threads used to get out of hand in the olden days when we all trusted each other :P

@Canada_25 Dude I'm thinking of moving to Quebec soon but the stringent laws on motor vehicle modifications really put me off.

I haven't looked into it too much but how do you do it? What is cut-and-dry legal and illegal of a modification? Where is the grey area or is it up to a cop's interpretation of how he wants to enforce it?

That's always to the cop interpretation. I run my mufffler delete and coilovers since 2015 that is not legal at all. I got stopped multiple times for speeding and no one told me about my modifications. All they did is looking at my tires to see if they were in good condition. My ex Q50s were muffler delete and lowered also with no issues. My 335 is loud as **** and cops never asked me about it. There's only a thing they're very picky here...the tinted windows. I had them removed 5 times in my life. But that's pretty easy. They stop you, then you get 72 hours to get an apointment to get them removed and checked. After that, they remove you of their system and that ''resets'' your case. That way, you can tint them back till they stop you again but you don't get a ticket for not removing them. But where you live right now and why you want to move to quebec?

@Oslowley

lol. I was wondering what can of beans meant.

That's always to the cop interpretation. I run my mufffler delete and coilovers since 2015 that is not legal at all. I got stopped multiple times for speeding and no one told me about my modifications. All they did is looking at my tires to see if they were in good condition. My ex Q50s were muffler delete and lowered also with no issues. My 335 is loud as **** and cops never asked me about it. There's only a thing they're very picky here...the tinted windows. I had them removed 5 times in my life. But that's pretty easy. They stop you, then you get 72 hours to get an apointment to get them removed and checked. After that, they remove you of their system and that ''resets'' your case. That way, you can tint them back till they stop you again but you don't get a ticket for not removing them. But where you live right now and why you want to move to quebec?

It's pointless to just keep tinting and removing them I guess.

I'm in Ontario and was thinking Gatineau, close to the med school at uOttawa.

....There's only a thing they're very picky here...the tinted windows. I had them removed 5 times in my life. But that's pretty easy. They stop you, then you get 72 hours to get an apointment to get them removed and checked. After that, they remove you of their system and that ''resets'' your case. That way, you can tint them back till they stop you again but you don't get a ticket for not removing them. But where you live right now and why you want to move to quebec?

That doesn't work here where I'm from lol. The police are extremely meticulous when it comes to tinting. They will hold up a 8 am rush to a stand to check for tints resulting you being sometimes an hour late. And if they do catch you with tint over the allowed opacity, then they force you to remove it on the spot, right there on the road, then still give you a ticket to pay within a couple of days. It's ridiculous, really. There was a time where if you removed it on the spot they wouldn't charge you, but at this point it really depends on which officer stops you, as well as who they stop. Because the island is small, in theory everyone knows everyone. So while they may stop and charge the average motorist in a corolla, they would look the other way if they see a friend of a government official in their dark colored E65.

It's pointless to just keep tinting and removing them I guess.

Well, it costs me more but I hate the look of my cars with no tint. Now it's been 8 months with that current tint and no problem.

That doesn't work here where I'm from lol. The police are extremely meticulous when it comes to tinting. They will hold up a 8 am rush to a stand to check for tints resulting you being sometimes an hour late. And if they do catch you with tint over the allowed opacity, then they force you to remove it on the spot, right there on the road, then still give you a ticket to pay within a couple of days. It's ridiculous, really. There was a time where if you removed it on the spot they wouldn't charge you, but at this point it really depends on which officer stops you, as well as who they stop. Because the island is small, in theory everyone knows everyone. So while they may stop and charge the average motorist in a corolla, they would look the other way if they see a friend of a government official in their dark colored E65.

Here you only get a ticket if you don't get them checked. You receive it automatically 1 month after you got stopped. I know that feel of small towns. I come from a city where we were 6500 citizens. Every cops knew who we are.

Well, it costs me more but I hate the look of my cars with no tint. Now it's been 8 months with that current tint and no problem.

Here you only get a ticket if you don't get them checked. You receive it automatically 1 month after you got stopped. I know that feel of small towns. I come from a city where we were 6500 citizens. Every cops knew who we are.

I used to have really dark tints and sure the car looked good but I didn't like it at night. I couldn't see anything at night backing in and out. Plus the added factor of having kids out and about so late I pulled the trigger and took them off myself.

I like my fish bowl :lol:

Also it's Front end Friday!

I'll never be rich enough to own these cars, but I was lucky enough to clean them!

A Bristol 409. A British grand tourer with a 318 cubic inch or 5.2 litre Chrysler V8.
Bristol 409 9.jpg

And a Jaguar XK150. Beauty defined.

XK150 3.jpg

And my lowly valeting van in the background of both photos!

Is that a turbo swapped SW20 or still the NA as the engine lid is flat and no fog lights.

It was N/A but I convinced him to take it to a shop and get a 4th gen 3sgte swap last year. His 5sfe had blew. Apparently it dosent need the turbo lid for it to stay cool (intercooler was relocated to the side where air flows near the door). Engine really changed the car, extremely fun to drive.

It was N/A but I convinced him to take it to a shop and get a 4th gen 3sgte swap last year. His 5sfe had blew. Apparently it dosent need the turbo lid for it to stay cool (intercooler was relocated to the side where air flows near the door). Engine really changed the car, extremely fun to drive.
Ah cool. Very good. No you don't need a turbo lid for the turbo engine. The factory placement for the intercooler in the SW20 is down by the side. Obviously the GEN4 is top mounted from factory.

To elaborate on my absence I was working on purchasing my first home (and garage). Finally I can give my babies a warm safe place to sleep at night. I hope to get back into normal life now that its all done. This was one of my first photos I've taken in almost 2 years.....

Well, I'm jealous. That car and that garage look like heaven.

Back