Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
One of them.. 180 bhp+ turbo, sub 1800 lbs. Fun little thing.
40680648524_c6a0e8633c_b.jpg

Two sets of 18x10.5. RPF1 for daily WedsSport TC-105N for track. Track tires are Hoosier 295
Bilstein PSS 10 coilovers with hypercoil springs 550F 500R
Full Spectrum performance caster camber plates
Perrin 25mm rear sway bar
Full Spectrum Performance pitch stop
Full Spectrum Performance motor mounts
Torque solutions transmission mount
Cusco rear strut tower brace
Full Spectrum Performance carbon fiber front splitter with fencing ( we are still working the design as my new class allows a much larger splitter than my previous)
Full Spectrum Performance billet uprights
Perrin steering dampener
almost every bushing replaced in the suspension with Delrin
Perrin Steering Rack lockdown

COBB intake and box
Forced Performance 84mm turbo inlet
FP Blue turbo
Company 23 ebcs
KillerB Holy headers
Invidia catless downpipe
Full Spectrum Performance F16 exhaust

Full Spectrum Performance fuel rails
ID 1300 injectors
Perrin fuel pressure regulator
COBB flex fuel sensor kit
DeatschWorks DW 300 fuel pump (upgrading to a radium multi fuel pump surge tank very soon)
Agency power fuel lines

This is all in the process of getting replaced with a new block but it will be a very similar build
Manley 10:1 compression pistons ceramic coated
Manley turbo tough I beam rods
King bearings (changing to crawford as I have no luck with King bearings)
Gino at IAG is going to build the new block. We are going to go with 9.2:1 compressions pistons this time

GSC titanium valve springs and retainers
stock cams maybe changing these out though
heads worked by Outfront Motorsports

Crawford AOS
COBB access port

Braille 6 pound battery (relocating to the trunk when next engine goes in)
Oreca Turn One Cup seats
Oreca 6 point harness
Innovate tuning wideband guage
Innovate tuning oil pressure oil temperature guage

there's a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting.

I also have a 2005 Legacy GT as my daily that is 100% bone stock. My wife has a 2014 CVT Forester. I used to have a 2010 hatch WRX with a mild build but it had a factory freak motor. If the girl who currently owns it ever totals the car I am buying that engine back. She's already had 4 accidents in 3 years, I'm sure the chassis is crap now.

good Lord. that's a heavily modified Subaru. How competitive are you in autocross. I used to do it many moons ago but now I just spectate.

I do pretty well. Locally, I am usually in the top 10 PAX. Our local club has multiple national champions and contenders so breaking into the top 10 is usually a challenge especially with the smaller local courses that don't allow the car to really stretch it's legs. Last weekend I drove a friend's stock BRZ and finished 5th in PAX about .3 off the top PAX. Acceptable as he's won multiple national championships and I was in a car I've never even ridden along in.

I have won a few SCCA national tour events in class and generally end up top 50 PAX overall at national events. I have not trophied at the fall solo nationals, yet. I may have last year but I blew my turbo and power steering rack on the test and tune course and couldn't compete in my car. My test and tune times were right at the top of the class. I also raced a 2006 STU prepped STi on street tires last year at the Texas Tour. I raced in SSM to fill the class and finished 4th against heavily modified GTRs, EVOs, turbo miatas all on Hoosiers.

Last edited:
Awesome build, looks like it was done right. How much power are you getting? Must be a blast to drive!

The thing is a hoot when it's running right. I have pulled steady-state lateral G exceeding 1.4G. Need an accusump as the grip is starting to get a little hairy and oiling is always an issue on boxers.

Power was right around 500 hp 505 tq on the last build. This next one will be similar but with the lower compression, I am going to lose a little bit of low-end torque (but it's much safer). I think the radium surge tank and multiple fuel pumps should allow us to pull a little more out of the engine as fueling will be consistent.

Thank goodness the winter is finally over. (I hope?) Ready for the first HPDE of the season up at Lime Rock. Just a test & tune really...and making sure the car is ready for two days at Watkins Glen at the end of the month.

40704000524_a244c35ca2_b.jpg

And a new addition in the garage....will post more pictures of both when they're actually clean. :embarrassed:

40704000054_8b3d6b21b3_b.jpg

I still have the 2010 Honda Fit for my daily. Almost 110,000 miles now and I hope to make it past 200,000 with minimal fuss. 👍

Last edited:
Great cars jj. I really am taking a shine to the 86 twins. I may get one and just make it a track rat. The only hesitation I have right now is the amazing amount of spec miata racing in Central Texas and no spec 86 racing (yet).

I was heading to a meeting and it was starting to get icy. I hit a slick spot, the rear end starting heading to the right, and the front to the left. Correcting did nothing. I was just along for the ride hoping not to get hit by anyone else and maybe stopping short of hitting any obstacles. Unfortunately, that did not happen.

After crossing across two lanes of traffic and the wide median shoulder, I became very good friends with the concrete median barrier. Fortunately, no other cars were involved. Other than leaving some paint on the concrete median barrier, which according to the highway patrolman was not a big deal, no property damage occurred. Most importantly, I walked away virtually unscathed, having just collected a large bruise on my wrist and needing a replacement watch spring bar.
Same thing happened to me in a 40th Anniversary Mustang GT in the wet. One of those days in south Florida where it hasn't rained in forever, so the surface was doubly slick due to all the built up oil. I hit the crumple zone at the butt end of the concrete barrier at around 30 MPH. Insurance totalled the car because the frame was bent. My chest and arms were covered in bruises from the damned airbag, God bless its invention.

Great cars jj. I really am taking a shine to the 86 twins. I may get one and just make it a track rat. The only hesitation I have right now is the amazing amount of spec miata racing in Central Texas and no spec 86 racing (yet).

Thanks. I know there was a push 2 years ago from NASA NE to build an 86 class for racing and there simply wasn't enough interest. But it's pretty clear why. The proliferation of 4 generations of MX5s means there is an abundance of cars, along with a deep, rich knowledge & parts base, which is regularly exploited to great advantage. I think the FT86 platform is still a bit too new and even early models are still going for over $10K. Maybe in a few years , when the prices drop, it will pick up.

That said, the twins really make great track cars. Out of the box, they're both quicker and handle a bit better than all but the latest generation of MX5. My own FRS is so heavily modified it's not a fair comparison but driving the Cayman S and the FRS back to back, I think it really highlights what a great platform the 86/BRZ is and it's sad that it's positive qualities go largely overlooked while people drone on endlessly about it's shortcomings.

Dude we got freezing rains in Toronto :guilty::(

Hah! On Tuesday I was shoveling snow and today it was 85*F! How does that even happen.

The '86 in it's natural habitat. :cool: Just back from Watkins Glen. Yay for spring! The AER guys were racing the weekend before. There was 3-4 inches of snow on the ground when they arrived on Thursday night to stage. And over the course of the next 3 days they proceeded to rough up the armco in 18 separate spots. Those guys are maniacs. :eek::ill: Fortunately by the time I got there on Sunday with NASA the weather was decidedly more pleasant and it was actually up into the high 60s on Monday. The splitter, diffuser and wing are all new this season. I'm going to need to adjust the downforce settings. My FL was just 0.6 off my PB from last October but I was almost 10 mph slower down the back straight so I'm now making it up in the corners, but there needs to be a better balance. Still it was a new experience having all that downforce through the Carousel. I can't take it flat and I still need maintenance throttle, but I was at least 7-8 mph faster on exit than I ever had been before. The heart was definitely pumping. :scared: Pretty fun pulling >1.4G lateral load for the first time. Well, scary-fun.

27858100218_702a66aeb2_b.jpg

40776631255_d4d3389e32_b.jpg

And some 'glamour' shots of the 981 post spring detailing. The weather is getting warmer and in about 1-2 weeks, everything will be in bloom. I'll try and find a spot to get some pictures with a more appealing background.

41685228512_02b2a3509c_b.jpg

27856697778_8435e1f4a4_b.jpg

41725492931_c643d7dcbb_b.jpg

27856697538_1db10d2537_b.jpg

41686681592_7a5edc0f71_b.jpg

Last edited:
From my first bit of CFD testing in January last year...
A291980C-03F0-4136-8A78-5DE5BF326686.jpeg
Through a more focused design in October...
CDC70860-456E-4BAD-8A9E-FDCF7FB56D82.jpeg
To a finally finished product. Many hours of planning, design, research and testing have gone into this aero kit. The wing uses a 40cm chord of the Selig s1223 profile- one of the most efficient available. It’s 190cm long- dead even with the flares of the guards. It’s mounted by its endplates, the most aerodynamically efficient way to do it. I put a lot of work into this!
45C2F847-2FD0-486A-8A44-AC8394AC460D.jpeg
The splitter is the maximum size we’re allowed forward and also cuts off at the max width of the guards. It uses small tire deflectors and a very strong alluminium mounting system.
C01CEF25-97A7-4CC0-9B8A-82BCEA0121EC.jpeg
Definitely looked the part at SA Time Attack! :D
F0732844-F9BC-4B96-AE96-36B90C3E27CC.jpeg

Last edited:
@Hayden Well that's an interesting take on a TT car. Have you had a chance to fully test it out yet? I love seeing unique cars playing. What have been your biggest challenges with it so far?

@Hayden Well that's an interesting take on a TT car. Have you had a chance to fully test it out yet? I love seeing unique cars playing. What have been your biggest challenges with it so far?
Good couple of questions there mate. Unfortunately we had a tailshaft issue (it snapped) on Sunday that sidelined us before we could complete a lap. I have used it at a hillclimb before, but that was a while ago, before much of the modifications.

Our biggest challenges have mostly been around sourcing parts and finding a competent tuner. Both would have been easier if we were based in the states, but that’s part of the fun. We had to completely redesign the steering column to fit around the starter motor for our manual gearbox. As far as we know, our car was the first RHD manual 300c ever done, if not it’s one of very, very few, so there was no guide or well beaten path to follow. The same has been true for many of the more complex modifications we’ve done. Being unique definitely has its downsides :lol:
DC5D0B5C-0A15-419E-9769-3DBB3931BD48.jpeg
If you want to know more about the car, I have a build thread here. The link is in my signature.

I also just set up an Instagram for it. @superbird300c will be a constantly updated, in depth look at what goes into this car and what’s coming in its future :)

Latest Posts

Back