Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
IMG_1200.JPG

I bought my first car, a 1987 Toyota Supra MK3, over the weekend and although it does need some work, it's in pretty good shape. I have wanted one of these for years and I'm so happy that I managed to get my hands on one.
View attachment 748972

Does the head gasket need replacing? I had one years ago and like most Mk3s, it had to have the head gasket replaced.

@GDII & @zr1chris Nice 'clean' looking red beasts 👍 We do not see many of these over here let alone in those colour combo. :sly:
@kikie Cool Mondeo, is it also called the ST220 over there as well? You also don't see many of these now. (p.s Well done on the WC football)

@GDII & @zr1chris Nice 'clean' looking red beasts 👍 We do not see many of these over here let alone in those colour combo. :sly:
@kikie Cool Mondeo, is it also called the ST220 over there as well? You also don't see many of these now. (p.s Well done on the WC football)
Yes it is called "ST220" over here as well.

Thanks, appreciated but I'm not a football fan. I haven't watched one single match.

EDIT: The salesman at the Ford dealership (when I ordered this car) told me that I was the first "private owner" in Belgium who ordered an ST220. It was in April 2002.

Last edited:
Does the head gasket need replacing? I had one years ago and like most Mk3s, it had to have the head gasket replaced.
Sorry for the late response (I'm not that active on GTPlanet anymore), but I'm not sure if the head gasket needs to be replaced or not. I'm well aware of the head gasket issues that plague the Mk3 Supra, so I was planning on taking it to a repair shop to have the engine looked at as I don't have the tools or time to do it myself. I was also thinking about buying a metal head gasket to improve it's reliability.

Last edited:
I'm amazed people like my Corolla
Some people like the Toyota Corolla. Many of us had/have them as our first car or daily drivers.
I had an EE90 Sedan as my first car and loved it. I've driven KE70, AE92 EE90, AE101, AE111, ZZE122 and ZRE170. They all have their little quirks but they all just work. Sure they aren't a performance car vs others but they work. They don't break and if they do they are easy to fix. Parts are cheap and they are everywhere.

There is a reason why they have sold 44.1 million cars badged as the Corolla. I'm not sure if that covers other badging for different markets but that's still a huge number.

I love my steelies but I want to do it proper and paint them. I sanded off as much surface rust as I could and it's a new car so the steel is painted a nice black but there are spots it's not so nice so I want to go over the whole thing. I don't plan on taking the tires off so I'm looking at DIY tips for painting your own rims. Gonna use matte black spray, two thick coats on each with a clear coat after?

Back