Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
Some pro shots from my favorite track:

43867388002_588f3d5542_h.jpg

43010910395_11bc9d54c7_h.jpg

43010909475_83795d57b4_h.jpg

43010910565_b5fbe296ec_h.jpg

(and the last, ironically, not actually me driving my car--I leant it out that session to a buddy who has a BRZ for his assessment).

Out of curiosity, what kind of laptimes were you hitting? I also didn't know there was a media spot outside of turn 5!

43099613145_60ffdb4e7a_h.jpg

Passed two years of ownership this month so I renewed the registration for another two. Progress is glacial on the fitment side of things but it does have an exhaust now which should keep me from getting too bored in the meantime...

Get some Celsior lights!

Out of curiosity, what kind of laptimes were you hitting? I also didn't know there was a media spot outside of turn 5!

Last year a 1:57.27 running on Proxes.

35846115320_737ffff4d3.jpg

This year with the aero on heat cycled Continental slicks 01:57.6. I'm now running aero bits (front splitter, rear underbody tray, rear diffuser, and Sard rear wing. I still need to even it out a bit as I'm still taking too much of a speed hit. I was about 3 mph slower into the carousel, about 4 mph slower coming back before braking into T10. And maybe about 3 mph down the front straight. So my lap times were close despite the straight-line hit. The downforce really helps for 1-2-3. It was the first time I ever hit the apex of T2 at triple digit speed. And that's a pretty exciting complex even when you're going considerably slower.

To be fair, this year it was also very hot and humid, even in the morning sessions and it probably took a toll on both power/speed in the morning and grip in the afternoon.

For the photos, I owe it all to Jean-Francois Leclerc. The guy just takes amazing shots and from angles you never knew possible.

A few more to highlight...

43010910665_f632edb4ca_b.jpg

43010910995_92a43754ed_b.jpg

This year with the aero on heat cycled Continental slicks 01:57.6. I'm now running aero bits (front splitter, rear underbody tray, rear diffuser, and Sard rear wing. I still need to even it out a bit as I'm still taking too much of a speed hit. I was about 3 mph slower into the carousel, about 4 mph slower coming back before braking into T10. And maybe about 3 mph down the front straight. So my lap times were close despite the straight-line hit. The downforce really helps for 1-2-3. It was the first time I ever hit the apex of T2 at triple digit speed. And that's a pretty exciting complex even when you're going considerably slower.

To be fair, this year it was also very hot and humid, even in the morning sessions and it probably took a toll on both power/speed in the morning and grip in the afternoon.

For the photos, I owe it all to Jean-Francois Leclerc. The guy just takes amazing shots and from angles you never knew possible.

That's a pretty good time! Last time I lapped there 3-4 years ago with a bone stock EVO X (aside from DZ101 Star Specs and Hawk pads) I was something like 6-7 seconds off that kind of laptime. I can totally relate about 1-2-3, never had the balls to feel comfortable there. :lol:

What's the difference?

The headlight is one piece instead of broken into two-

images-1.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Unless that's the difference between facelift and prefacelift? I'm confused now.

Edit: I just realised it is facelift, which you have? For some reason I thought the Celsiors had the corner light and main light sealed, like the difference between DA6 Integras in markets.

That's a pretty good time! Last time I lapped there 3-4 years ago with a bone stock EVO X (aside from DZ101 Star Specs and Hawk pads) I was something like 6-7 seconds off that kind of laptime. I can totally relate about 1-2-3, never had the balls to feel comfortable there. :lol:

If one is truly 'comfortable' at T1-T2-T3, than they're probably going too slowly. :D But I really love the track. I'd rather lap Tremblant than Road Atlanta, VIR or Lime Rock. It's just a phenomenal circuit. And the surrounding area is a great place to be. While I was up there with BMW CCA, ten days ago, the FIA was there performing the recertification. Lawrence Stroll flew in via helicopter to meet them. Quite the production.

SVX
The headlight is one piece instead of broken into two-

View attachment 759968 View attachment 759969
Unless that's the difference between facelift and prefacelift? I'm confused now.

Edit: I just realised it is facelift, which you have? For some reason I thought the Celsiors had the corner light and main light sealed, like the difference between DA6 Integras in markets.

Oh, I see what you did. The headlights you have pictured are for the first gen car, but mine is the second gen.

Awesome car mate. My wife and I just ordered a manual 86 GTS with performance pack (limited edition in Apollo Blue), mainly for her to use as a daily, but I'm looking forward to using it on the road. May do a few improvements on the handling side but will keep it mostly stock.

Awesome car mate. My wife and I just ordered a manual 86 GTS with performance pack (limited edition in Apollo Blue), mainly for her to use as a daily, but I'm looking forward to using it on the road. May do a few improvements on the handling side but will keep it mostly stock.

👍 Thanks! And good luck with the '86. It's such an underrated car. IMO, for road use, the stock suspension is really pretty capable. Even for mild track use it's not bad. The only limiting factor is rear camber is non-adjustable.

"Not very nice looking car"

Please xD it's the nicest looking Civic in a loooong time
As someone in the mid-30s its a bit much. I like the driving experience and even the kinda over the top redness inside but it definitely looks a bit goofy....

👍 Thanks! And good luck with the '86. It's such an underrated car. IMO, for road use, the stock suspension is really pretty capable. Even for mild track use it's not bad. The only limiting factor is rear camber is non-adjustable.
Have you tried using crash bolts on the rear uprights to adjust the camber? That's what I'm running on the racecar and it allows just a little adjustment.

Back