w775n73vFRY.jpg

HC6UQ_OEets.jpg

EJGBhywSBgM.jpg

BSHCf8TAggU.jpg

7U0dKevOmYk.jpg

5Nv2PCQNc0E.jpg

LomlSjUtG1o.jpg
Oh man this must be a joy to drive.

Anyone unfamiliar with the A2 might think something is seriously wrong with the car...

rsz_20200127_082531.png

This is actually the easiest way to access the headlights - undo torx screws under the engine cover and pull them forward. Doesn't half look strange, removing a bonnet on a front engined car.

Living in (semi) rural New Zealand down a lengthy gravel driveway, I figured not having mudflaps would be disastrous (and I didn't want to wait till Winter to learn that the hard way). But I couldn't just buy some normal subtle mudflaps, could I? So I bought red Rallyarmor mudflaps, because rallycar which I only drive on the road. :P

I then did something I've always wanted to do, go to a fairly empty and pretty place and do a photoshoot. Just like in Gran Turismo as a kid, but in real life. Must say, Gran Turismo prepared me to an extent. I borrowed my sister's DSLR and headed to the horse racing track.

Admittedly I just used the easy shooting mode where it just gives you a slider for aperture because I'm too basic to figure out ISO and all that. But it was fun.

Living in (semi) rural New Zealand down a lengthy gravel driveway, I figured not having mudflaps would be disastrous (and I didn't want to wait till Winter to learn that the hard way). But I couldn't just buy some normal subtle mudflaps, could I? So I bought red Rallyarmor mudflaps, because rallycar which I only drive on the road. :P

I then did something I've always wanted to do, go to a fairly empty and pretty place and do a photoshoot. Just like in Gran Turismo as a kid, but in real life. Must say, Gran Turismo prepared me to an extent. I borrowed my sister's DSLR and headed to the horse racing track.

Admittedly I just used the easy shooting mode where it just gives you a slider for aperture because I'm too basic to figure out ISO and all that. But it was fun.
Awesome shots! Big jump up from the NA Celica!

Awesome shots! Big jump up from the NA Celica!

Cheers, man! And yeah, big jump but I'm so glad I did it. I never realised just how dull the Celica was until I drove the Impreza, though a turbo does a lot for that. The Celica is still sitting around here waiting for someone to actually buy it, unfortunately most people are too busy thinking it's a GT-Four for some reason. :lol:

I dig the red mudflaps on the silver car. 👍

Personally, I am a big fan of pretend rally cars on the road. Though, as I also did with my STI a while back, I take my Fiesta down some dirt back roads at nearby farm areas. But, I also got stuck in a ditch once. :lol:

Last edited:
Cheers, man! And yeah, big jump but I'm so glad I did it. I never realised just how dull the Celica was until I drove the Impreza, though a turbo does a lot for that. The Celica is still sitting around here waiting for someone to actually buy it, unfortunately most people are too busy thinking it's a GT-Four for some reason. :lol:
That's trademe for you. It sort of looks like a GT-FOUR but clearly states GT-R and ST182.
OMG the questions....

We had some nice weather today and the rain the past two days washed away the salt from the roads. Decided to wake up my 81 C10 from winter hibernation again and stretch it’s legs around town for a bit. Drove around for the better part of an hour just to keep the battery topped up and fluids moving around. I seriously love this truck.
431FD9FB-DA38-4317-83BC-DE35EA0164FD.jpeg

I dig the red mudflaps on the silver car. 👍

Personally, I am a big fan of pretend rally cars on the road. Though, as I also did with my STI a while back, I take my Fiesta down some dirt back roads at nearby farm areas. But, I also got stuck in a ditch once. :lol:

Cheers! I was worried the red would be too much, but my logic was that it matched other details on the car like the pink STI logos and the red lugnuts. Glad I went with it though. I'd love to take my Impreza on some dirt, but I'd really like to find a fairly open area to get used to that style of driving in first. Maybe then I'll avoid said ditch. :P And I should probably get another set of wheels/tires for that too.

The Jag has gone, also the BMW that I had for nearly a decade, and replaced with this:

20200216_192128.jpg

20200216_192157.jpg

20200108_213007.jpg

It's the first car I've bought for safety. Too many idiots on the road and I carry family in it so I dont want to be rolled up into a ball because of someone else. It suits my driving style as I'm all about comfort now. 2l diesel and an 8 speed box so it goes like 🤬.

I agree Been eyeing a V90 for a while now until I more or less decided electric is the way to go and I'm looking into the Polestar 2. Because safety.

The Jag has gone, also the BMW that I had for nearly a decade, and replaced with this:

View attachment 891494

View attachment 891495

View attachment 891496

It's the first car I've bought for safety. Too many idiots on the road and I carry family in it so I dont want to be rolled up into a ball because of someone else. It suits my driving style as I'm all about comfort now. 2l diesel and an 8 speed box so it goes like 🤬.
It's so strange how simple the car looks on the outside compared to the dashboard design. =)

It's so strange how simple the car looks on the outside compared to the dashboard design. =)

IMG-20200109-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20200109-WA0001.jpeg

IMG-20200109-WA0002.jpeg

It's pretty cool in that you can change the dials to a classic, economical or sports style. I'm learning loads of new stuff every day with it. It's a more basic spec S80 but with a few choice options that are ideal for me. The electric heated windscreen makes me chuckle every time and the heated seat are toasty!

View attachment 892183

View attachment 892184

View attachment 892185

It's pretty cool in that you can change the dials to a classic, economical or sports style. I'm learning loads of new stuff every day with it. It's a more basic spec S80 but with a few choice options that are ideal for me. The electric heated windscreen makes me chuckle every time and the heated seat are toasty!
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Those dials are cool. 8D
Thank you for making pictures!

ajDL30tZOvw.jpg

DH1n2BZknCY.jpg

OLBS9i1qQGg.jpg

And incase you are wondering how is it to rev a hybrid... well... nothing exciting. X)
Beeps and doesn't want to turn the engine on in N.
Turns the engine on in P, but only when you press the gas pedal. Once you release the pedal, the engine shuts down. Revs really lazy and doesn't charge the battery. (The engine turned on by itself later and charged the battery)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back