Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,433 comments
20171106_153619.jpg

I meant to get around to posting the mods I've had done to this a while ago. I only had the dual throttles back then. Better late than never I suppose :).

A (slightly) better picture of the dual throttles. Also shows the switch to change between them, the box to control my loader, and my carpet that needs vacuuming :embarrassed:.
20191122_115917.jpg

The loader fully extended,
20191122_120004.jpg

and with my wheelchair ready for loading.
20191122_120254.jpg

Going up,
20191122_120321.jpg

and in.
20191122_120354.jpg

I love this this car (and loader) :D

It's a Holden. What's not to love? :P

Just watched a video on a loader that looked very similar to yours. Very cool how they work. 👍
It's an Abiloader, and yeah, they're awesome. Our Kiwi neighbours make some brilliant kit.
Check these out.... I just want one :sly::

And I still like my Ford more :D. I've been thinking of putting a duck clutch and left foot accelerator in it so I can drive it again, but I suppose I can make do with the HSV till then :indiff:. ;)
https://www.pmeautoconversions.com....ols/gearshift-modifications/electronic-clutch

Any issues other than maintenance?

Not really. Right now the car needs a valve cover gasket and possibly control arms and ball joints, but other than that it is fine. The only issue with the car has something to do with electronics, I believe. Sometimes when you close the door, all the windows roll down and the sunroof opens. It doesn't do it all the time but it is pretty annoying and I honestly don't know what would cause it.

My running boards finally came in, they had to come from the US since Toyota Canada doesn't offer them for some reason. The dealer is buying the old ones off of me for a woman with a 4Runner limited who wants wider running boards. I would rather have no running boards at all, but the wife doesn't seem to think that's a good idea, so this was a good compromise.

7hzQFsN.jpg

GoMwDul.jpg

Introducing my 2002 Audi A2 1.4 TDi.

The Golf was going into Limp Home mode and made big hills a tortuous, '40mph in second gear tops' kind of affair, so I've bought my own diesel. 75ps, but feels quick enough to keep up with motorway traffic and makes a fantastic 3-pot warble whilst it accelerates through the gears. Absolutely had to go and visit this one when I saw the interior colour, it's right up my street.

rsz_20191214_155237-01.png
rsz_20191214_124115.png

After owning a persistently problematic piece of alliteration killing Celica for three years, I decided it's time to upgrade! So @SVX and I went all the way to New Plymouth (350KM north) in what became some torrential rain (perfect aquaplane weather) to have a look at an Impreza! I won't bore you, we didn't aquaplane, and there were no climactic revelations. And thanks to SVX's encouragement I haggled $800 out of the price, which I would have been far too awkward and "polite" to do on my own.

stisize.jpg

The STI jokes lost their smither of mild amusement very quickly... But I'm hoping that having a car that actually inspires me to use it will inspire me to get out for more reasons than work. After a month of ownership, it's working.

Washed the A4 for the first time since I stopped commuting in it. The machine polish sure gives it a lustre when it's released from its prison cell of road grime.

rsz_20191231_114411-01-01.png

Except... the wiper has stopped working on the A2, and if it isn't a simple earth issue that most of them are, the A4 will be getting me to work on Thursday and Friday.

Finally, the first time out of the garage since 2018, but she hasn't been on the road since 2014ish. It only took fresh fuel and a new fuel pump to bring it back to life. :D

I closed the bonnet for this picture and the bonnet release broke when I went to open it again to put the trickle charger back on. I doubt this will be the last of my issues after such a long time off the road :indiff:
Update: My brother and I managed to get the bonnet open, the car's back on the trickle charger, and the new bonnet release mechanism has been ordered. :)

20200118_143634.jpg

This was that last time in 2018. Picture another 18+months of dust, a recent pool removal (to make way for a new garage extension to house my cars properly), and you'll get an idea how dirty it was. :embarrassed:
20180825_152018.jpg

Last edited:
It only took fresh fuel and a new fuel pump to bring it back to life. :D

:crazy:

I'm the first to admit that my mechanical knowledge is very low but I would have bet on it having more issues than just a fuel pump after sitting for so long. Lucky. :lol:👍

Those old FPV's have aged quite nicely. Looks good all shined up.

:crazy:

I'm the first to admit that my mechanical knowledge is very low but I would have bet on it having more issues than just a fuel pump after sitting for so long. Lucky. :lol:👍
I was a bit surprised too! I think more issues will show up when it's time to actually put it back on the road (rotten seals, brakes maybe?, hoses and belts, tailshaft centre bearing and definitely new tyres for my new rims). I've only latched the bonnet once in years and it broke unlatching it! :scared::lol:
Those old FPV's have aged quite nicely. Looks good all shined up.
:cheers:
The 2003 BA has always been my favorite of the FPV range... but I may be just a little biased. :embarrassed::D

Back