48259DA7-1F1E-46FF-9112-F58AD28620EB.jpeg
564D6476-9FFD-4BDD-8B80-48A02B5CCD58.jpeg
D676AEA6-76C9-41BD-8A2E-2A1E9EAC152F.jpeg
C3027B38-9E56-42C1-A93B-2532DAC294BD.jpeg
67930CD7-76A5-460B-8F9D-894BE691DC2A.jpeg
2C17D655-817C-4D96-B005-2EE8A4BF397F.jpeg
FF1B16A5-A9EA-42AD-A6BA-D6EA77D1C46B.jpeg
BB8E502B-2214-4176-8B05-D3F7F57C0D1D.jpeg

My current car (not exactly) is nothing fancy or interesting, it's just a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser GX.R (FZJ100) with the 4.51FZ Straight 6 and around 200K on the odometer.

I say not exactly because it isn't technically mine as it belongs to my parents and I'm mainly using it until I could get a car to replace my RAV4. It's pretty rough as you would expect from a 22 year old SUV but still driveable.

lc100_traffic.jpg

ezf2r5xw-1.jpg

nothing fancy or interesting,

it's just a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser GX.R (FZJ100)

Don't you ever downplay a Land Cruiser again.

pretty rough as you would expect from a 22 year old SUV but still driveable

And it will continue to be driveable for many years to come. All it needs is basic service and even without basic service it's still a tank.

My current car (not exactly) is nothing fancy or interesting, it's just a 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser GX.R (FZJ100) with the 4.51FZ Straight 6 and around 200K on the odometer.

Nice! 200k kilometers or miles?

Either way, that 1FZ has still got plenty of life left.

Don't you ever downplay a Land Cruiser again.

And it will continue to be driveable for many years to come. All it needs is basic service and even without basic service it's still a tank.
I like Land Cruisers, I just didn't think *mine* is going to be interesting in comparison to the other cars on this thread.

Nice! 200k kilometers or miles?

Either way, that 1FZ has still got plenty of life left.
200K Kilometres.

I noticed that the average 100 series cruisers over here usually have double the mileage of mine or so. This one wasn't driven around much in the last few years due to the terrible milage it gets and other expenses.

While currently it has some minor issues mechanically (just fixed a leak issue), its fine otherwise.

Drove a friends car for my most recent event in Colorado due to not wanting to risk testing out the new Audi build at a high altitude, but this was too good not to share even though it’s not my car. It was my first time driving at this track, and my first time driving a BRZ, and really my first time driving a RWD platform on track and yet I managed to get third in my drivetrain class, fastest NA BRZ/GT86, and apparently set the fastest ever time for an NA BRZ/GT86 around Pikes Peak International Raceway!
500BA42D-753F-4F0A-BB22-2398C8A8592D.jpeg

Is the C4 becoming really popular in the Corvette community lately? From the outside, it seems like it is. I'm really wanting one myself, even. It'd have to be that last model year for the engine, of course. I'm loving the body lines of the targa.

Is the C4 becoming really popular in the Corvette community lately? From the outside, it seems like it is. I'm really wanting one myself, even. It'd have to be that last model year for the engine, of course. I'm loving the body lines of the targa.

I think people are just finally realizing you can get one in good condition for rather cheap.

I'm not sure if they are becoming popular in the Corvette community so much as with enthusiasts in general. The people who looked at that generation with derision are old enough now that the people who have become interested in them don't care what the former think; especially when even great condition ones can be had for 4 digits. It's the same reason that later Fox Bodies and 3rd gen F-Bodies are increasing in desirability after the "lol where's your mullet" people are becoming irrelevant. C4s are also of the age that the nostalgia that is driving the prices of other 90s cars through the roof also applies to them; but the prices are still being suppressed because there are so many of them in good condition left and the C5 still hasn't found its own price floor. I personally bought a C4 instead of a C5 primarily because I think the interior of the C5 is hideous in a way that defies comparison, and the exterior was so blandly inoffensive that the minor drop in performance (especially when I was originally trying to get a ZR-1) and the other tradeoffs of a late C4 were well worth it; and I certainly didn't care that the lardass gutless late C3s are "supposed" to be more desirable.

It also helps that you can get new replacement parts for nearly everything from multiple vendors, not counting the stuff that was generic GM parts bin crap that you can get at Autozone. Even the electronic suspension is still manufactured by Bilstein. Which, like, good luck with any of that if you buy a 300ZX or 3000GT instead and something breaks.

My wife surprised me last October with a 2016 Mazda MX5 Grand Touring for my 50th birthday.
She knew that I have wanted a Miata for 30 years and said to me that I would be driving one by the time I reached 50 years old. Not in a million years did I believe that would happen.
As Yoda would say “Good woman, she is”.

F7A1CC14-B2E7-4D46-BC08-AC6197AA9434.jpeg

9BA2BBBA-B654-4697-8B98-8E40179CE52E.jpeg

My black 2011 Hyundai Elantra I got as a hand-me-down from my parents after finishing high school. Got rear-ended and insurance wouldn’t cover it so I’m getting a blue 2019 Elantra on lease for four years as a replacement. I’ve driven it already and I’m pretty excited.

It actually hurt leaving the old girl behind at the collision centre. I developed a bit of an emotional attachment to her, being my first car and all. Rest in pieces Elantra. I’ll never forget you.

So the steering wheels are similar but still different enough to warrant the change. I think I prefer the Chev badge over the corvette badge.
No they're literally identical. Only difference is the badge in the center. The buttons on the wheel is dependent on the trim of each car but with the right spec they're identical right down to the steering wheel buttons.

Back