Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
I've gotten two "new" cars during my extended absence.
First up is our reasonable commuter car. We were using our 2014 explorer as our DD. But it's just not as comfortable or practical as we would like for daily driving. So we picked up a 2017 Ford Fusion Titanium. Had 17k on the clock when we got it, an cost us a tad over 19k out the door. We got it in tan as we moved out to the country side of mid Michigan and live down a dirt road. And quite frankly, I think the color looks good on this car, especially once I start swapping out the chrome trim for black.
20210626_182600.jpg
20210426_194920.jpg

The other car I got was a freebie! It's a 94 Integra. Myself and a group of friends were going to use it as a race car to start getting seat time in at autocross, rallycross and open track days at local tracks. But..... well, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....
20210331_195536.jpg
20210401_191422.jpg
20210402_145701.jpg
20210402_141436.jpg

Yeah... the cancer is pretty bad... luckily it's almost all at or behind the rear crossmember. Anyway, we gave up on this venture and a friend found a far cleaner rolling chassis Integra so we pulled the motor and trans from this car, refreshed the engine and tossed it into that car.
So what's the plan for this car? I'll start a proper build thread for it, but, let's just say, I have a spare rotary and TII trans and the junk yard down the road has lots of Ford 8.8 and 9 inch rear ends... not sure 8f I will make a Gambler 500 car or attempt to build a proper race/drift car out of it, but regardless, it should be an interesting project.

Look's to me as an Subaru Legacy or the Outback version of the Legacy
Basically was! They made this as a market test for the eventual Forester. It sold terribly (1300 made total), but they decided to make the Forester anyway for some reason.

Funnily enough the lifted version of the Legacy was called the Outback here.

SVX
Basically was! They made this as a market test for the eventual Forester. It sold terribly (1300 made total), but they decided to make the Forester anyway for some reason.

Funnily enough the lifted version of the Legacy was called the Outback here.
We had/has both The Legacy,Outback and Forester.But here the Outback was called Legacy Outback at the start.I even had an german imported Legacy with the factory air-suspension.It was a 2.5 L 4 with 150 hp.

I got inspired by the Caprice :)

Sometime last year I posted in the Communist Cars thread mostly about commie cars our family owned but I also mentioned that back in the '70s and '80s we had an Opel Kadett and an Olds 98. I also mentioned that I have somewhere a single photo that has both of them, taken at my parents' wedding. My older daughter recently found it and I thought I may as well post it here as an ex-real car. The picture itself isn't a particularly good one (it's from 1977, bear in mind) and I took a photo of it with my iPhone. If I don't forget it, I may scan it one day but here it goes:

IMG_4522.jpg

Behind the Olds there's a Wartburg 353W (I have a suspicion whose car that was in the family) and behind that is that Kadett that was ours.

I got inspired by the Caprice :)

Sometime last year I posted in the Communist Cars thread mostly about commie cars our family owned but I also mentioned that back in the '70s and '80s we had an Opel Kadett and an Olds 98. I also mentioned that I have somewhere a single photo that has both of them, taken at my parents' wedding. My older daughter recently found it and I thought I may as well post it here as an ex-real car. The picture itself isn't a particularly good one (it's from 1977, bear in mind) and I took a photo of it with my iPhone. If I don't forget it, I may scan it one day but here it goes:

View attachment 1090524

Behind the Olds there's a Wartburg 353W (I have a suspicion whose car that was in the family) and behind that is that Kadett that was ours.
Nice!The Opel seem's to be an -68 (?) Rallye Kadett Coupé or an standard Coupé.And the Old's 4-door ht the Wartburg i haven't noticed here in sweden (but i live in a small town)

I'm trying to find my photo of the M-B 350 sel -74 that i once had.It just had the 3-speed auto instead of the 4-speed for US market.Mine was sold new in sweden and only had the 3-speed.But i found the volvo 960 i had on my hdd.But who cares about an old -95 or -96 volvo 960?

IMG_20211030_115600.jpg

2013 Toyota Innova.

Just an ordinary Diesel minivan on the outside, but it gets the job done in and out of the city. Installed Tein springs, remapped the ECU, change the tyre width just a bit and drives less like a boat which is perfect for the roads in my country.

Last edited:
I’m still taking it in that I have this car, but here is my AMG GTS Edition 1! This will be the next car I’ll be running in time attack! It won’t be an an all out racecar mainly because it won’t need to be. The Audi will still be ran at a lot of events too so don’t worry that car isn’t going anywhere! We’ll be running it in Gridlife Streetmod which is a road based class that still allows for a good amount of mods. It’s the same class the Audi ran in. For the first season, we’ll be running stock power levels so I can learn the car, and for right now 500 hp is plenty!

Attachments

• 21A96D6D-2649-4EE3-8581-58FA7083DFC4.jpeg
    21A96D6D-2649-4EE3-8581-58FA7083DFC4.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 21
  • EF8C0228-5C99-48A9-8841-7D4BDDB72B9D.jpeg
    EF8C0228-5C99-48A9-8841-7D4BDDB72B9D.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 3E7E1E86-D1B3-40F8-B9DB-EF5DA6F4B35F.jpeg
    3E7E1E86-D1B3-40F8-B9DB-EF5DA6F4B35F.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 21
Put the c10 into the “hobo hut” my brother and I built for the winter and then promptly started investigating the ticking I have while it’s running.
466C617C-5469-4235-9799-585000E5A51F.jpeg

1B65D5A4-00F7-4A19-BFA5-173F19F36989.jpeg

Primary goals for this winter are:
Remove and rebuild rear axle
Top end rebuild on motor
Depending on how long it takes to do the axle I might get ambitious and pull the engine and go through the whole thing. The more I dive into this motor the more I think the 5 digit Odometer has rolled over twice or even three times with unknown service history. In other news I have driven my tacoma 2500 miles since buying it and I’m still loving it.

While it's an awesome car I'm kind of sad seeing it put through the ringers so immediately. Though, if you have the means and the want to do it, why not?

While it's an awesome car I'm kind of sad seeing it put through the ringers so immediately. Though, if you have the means and the want to do it, why not?
So for this build, it’s not going to be an all out racecar unlike the Audi, the entire idea of it is to show that you can have a true streetcar be competitive in time attack. That means that it won’t have a gutted interior, it’ll still retain stock climate control, and at the end of the day it’s still going to be a very streetable car. I get what you’re saying though, but for me atleast, I’d rather have a car like this actually be driven and tracked like it’s meant to be! But I do respect the idea of babying cars like this too, it’s just not something I’ve ever been interested in.

Back