• 15,443 comments
Few from a recent driving holiday with some good mates

2D4B945A-4974-47DC-A403-D5B3AE925E77.JPG

BF0AA7C4-C5DB-4615-A9C0-BB25B5BCE317.JPG

51E8D940-74F4-4B53-BB00-85FDAFBFB3E2.JPG

7DCA9191-24CB-426C-BFBE-8F23F1A7AF0B.JPG

D111FB9B-142A-43DB-82A7-9C2457E01994.JPG

I drive a 2017 Mitsubshi Mirage.

Well boring car but it gets the job done so I cant complain its a good daily driver and its cheap. Its a little workhorse for me.

But my dream car Im really planning to buy is an Alfa Romeo Guilia QV.

Last edited:
How fruity is the Jaag?

I've still got the Supercharged S4, still a wonderful and intoxicating engine. The way car prices have gone on the RSs recently, not a bad time to sell.
I have the Jag remapped to 230bhp, which is still less than half what the RS4 was putting out (500bhp), but the Jag is a joy to drive; the handling is sublime, feels like it is on rails. And it is extremely comfortable too.
The RS4 Avant... God. I say this without any exaggeration, but I have seen as low as 5.5mpg driving it. It was the most ridiculous car I have ever owned by some serious distance.

My first car ever is this lovely 2012 Toyota Yaris/Vitz LE, purchased in 2014, when I was still in High School. This thing got me through High School, college/university, and my early 20s. We went through 2 blizzards and a flood. This is the car when it was new. 8 years later and the car had many dents, paint damage, and was missing some weather stripping, but it still ran just as good as the first day I got it.
IMG_0124.jpeg

However, just a few days ago, I finally was able to purchase a new car. I ended up getting a 2017 Volkswagen Passat (NMS) SEL Premium. It's the 1.8L I4, but I prefer that because the standard 6 speed automatic is much more reliable than the 6 speed DSG the V6 has. It's definitely a conservatively styled car but personally I love that. I've de-badged the rear (minus the VW logo) and I plan on purchasing an illuminated badge for the front. It's got all the options you can get and I love it so much. It's like a luxury car. Can't wait to see how far this one goes!

IMG_2651.jpeg

Love the colour combo. I've been looking at getting the genuine option wheels for my HSV to get closer to this type of look but the price. :crazy:

They are lighter than mine so there is that... well that's how I'm trying to justify it to myself.

View attachment 1107167
View attachment 1107168
Finally got hold of a set of those rims I was after. Not only are they lighter, they're also wider. :D

Screenshot_20220507-175902_Chrome.jpg

Untitled.png

The Miami GP was pretty boring so I decided to give our vehicles their first wash of the year while sort of watching the race. They are in the street because I want to drink beer and pressure wash more things in the driveway today.

D36409A0-474A-4EC9-8808-8F29673FF21C.jpeg

468A4165-F64E-46A7-8913-0D630F1D8A3C.jpeg

Last edited:
The Miami GP was pretty boring so I decided to give our vehicles their first wash of the year while sort of watching the race. They are in the street because I want to drink beer and pressure wash more things in the driveway today.

View attachment 1148150
So you actually bought a TLX Type S. How has the experience been for you so far?

The Chrysler died early last year (non-Covid related), so I needed a replacement daily drive. Long story short - ended up buying a new Merc GLC 300e, fully loaded. In fact, the only option not specced was the tow bar. :lol: Had it for a year now and very, very happy. Covered 2,200 miles in that time and still have 1/3 tank of petrol left! It's a hybrid so runs on full electric most of the time.

Decided on this model for the size (GLE and GLS classes are too big for the lanes where I live) fuel economy and the fact it has the same torque as the AMG G63S (516ft/lb) and similar performance to the AMG G43 (0-60 in 5.7 secs). Plus it has the same interior and wheels as the AMGs.

The boy racer 'Designo Selenite Grey Magno' matt A250 is my son's. And yes, I do still have the 911.

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

Last edited:
So you actually bought a TLX Type S. How has the experience been for you so far?
It’s a great car overall but it has it’s flaws like anything else.

The one big issue for me was no spare tire, but that will be sorted out soon. So the only other things that bug me right now are the transmission and the noise from the tires.

The transmission is basically dummy proofed so it doesn’t give you full control of the gears and the paddles don’t feel very responsive. It also came with the optional wheels and tires, I love the wheels (they are from the NSX I think) but the Pirelli tires are loud af on the highway, I noticed this when I had them on my GTI a while back too.

Other than those things, I love driving it. It’s not great on gas, and our insurance company doesn’t seem to like it, but whatever. The steering feels really good and it’s plenty quick enough for us. Plus the awd is very nice for our winters up here. We just have to be extra careful about pot holes, lol.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back