Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,439 comments
52245282696_640544a9ae_c.jpg

Been thoroughly enjoying the car. In the past 2-3 months I've replaced all 4 tires, completely cleaned up and re-greased brake assembly and replaced pads on all 4 corners, bought front slotted rotors, replaced spark plugs and coil packs with Alfa 4C coil packs, changed oil, and bought an intake and an atmospheric BOV. Next on the list is a downpipe, FMIC, and a piggyback that I've been hearing great things of (Although, I'm thinking of just waiting for tax time to jump on those.) Not sure if I need to bother with an exhaust yet, but maybe that'll come last, after I get everything else done. Stock seems plenty fine for now, and makes a great noise.

20220319_173040.jpg

Had it From 15th of March 2021. it is a 2018 Mitsubishi Pajero/Shogun/Montero but we Call it Pajero It has the 3.5 SOHC V6 , very reliable ,terrible on gas ,very cold AC (Even though sometimes it turns hot randomly) Lots of fun in offroad Enivroments just like here in North of the kuwait Bay

2nd Car
20220618_035350.jpg

2012 Honda Accord.

had it from 29th June 2022 it has a 2.4 DOHC L4 K24A
it's Very reliable and economical. its basically my to car for short trips , you can fill it up with gas For i dunno 16 bucks and it will just keep on going until the tank is empty after 3 weeks maybe

Last edited:
IMG_20220819_184721.jpg

Took the 💩box campervan on a 36 hour, 550 mile round trip to Wales for a crack at the Welsh 3 Peaks. Everything I've done to it so far I've done for free, but I might actually have to spend some money on a proper mattress... However, whilst the inflatable one I used isn't comfortable enough, being able to deflate it and roll all the bedding into a bundle is a more efficient use of space, and means no anxiety about keeping wet coats off a foam mattress. I've got a few ideas to try, and more research to do.

Finally bought a vehicle of my childhood. 2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS in Proton Yellow, had it shipped from Illinois to Maine after buying it from a private seller. Had to get a quick cellphone shot next to my daily Lexus GS. Hope to get better photos of it and fix up a few things to get it road worthy!
299960902_10229248472655742_7019591783443052129_n.jpg

Finally bought a vehicle of my childhood. 2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS in Proton Yellow, had it shipped from Illinois to Maine after buying it from a private seller. Had to get a quick cellphone shot next to my daily Lexus GS. Hope to get better photos of it and fix up a few things to get it road worthy!

Is it as good as you were expecting?

Last edited:
Is it as good as you were expecting?
I would say about what I expected of the era, probably will have a more proper conclusion once I get it on the road. So far just have it sitting at my work with plans to fix up some things.

Had some fun this weekend. By fun I mean lots of swearing, and many cuts and bruises trying to work in such a tiny engine compartment. Picked up a front mount intercooler, and man, the old plumbing looks like an absolute mess in comparison.

52302789859_67c3c4df5a_b.jpg

52306478188_f9e959c8c5_b.jpg

It sits about 1/2" - 1" higher on the driver side, and theres not very much I can do about that I don't think. It's sitting very snug behind the bumper so going to take a dremmel to some plastics on the inside in the coming week or two, and see if I can realign the intercooler. For now, it's going to have to stay like that even though it bugs the living hell out of me.

52306478148_3bb2eb4dc0_b.jpg

one more photo just for good measure!

Last edited:
To get it featured on the front page:

DSC_0032.jpg

2006 Fiat Panda 1.2

Bought it in May 2020 because we needed a new car, as the mighty Daihatsu was dying on me.

Having experienced a Panda for prolonged periods thanks to my brother-in-law, and these being actually reliable (yes, reliable Fiat), cheap to maintain and quite economical, it was a quick and easy decision. Had to be a funky colour though. Our first choice was apple green but those are rare. This specimen popped up for the right price with not much kilometers on the odometer. 1750 euro and 135k. Downside was the light coloured interiors they all have, but that was an easy fix:

DSC_1172.jpg

Fancy faux leather colour matching interior for the win. And for the trained eye, the floor mats are also matching colours. Black mats with blue ridge. I also had to replace the shift boot. That has the same gray as the dash, with blue stitching of course.

So far we are approaching 50k in 2,5 years and apart from some minor shenanigans, a busted fuel pump, burst heater hose and a broken return pipe for the coolant, it has been smooth sailing and passing the yearly inspection without trouble.

I keep it well maintained with fresh oil and filter every year and a full service every 2 years. Replaced the timing belt as a precaution, replaced most of the suspension with quality Moog parts and a set of fresh shoes because the Chinese ones were way too noisy. Oh and I replaced the stuffing of the driver's side seat with fresh foam from a passenger side seat. They all suffer from collapsed seats. And the occasional electrical gremlin like a failing power steering mid corner or an oil pressure light that's stored in the ecu as an error but that's the Italian spirit.

Now, likes for Panda and a front page feature!

It's been a couple of years since I last posted on my ST165 Celica GT-Four. It finally has an engine installed! A forged gen 3 3SGTE... Will probably need to create another thread about the restoration journey so far, because a great deal of work has been done since 2015.
Next big job is to get the car into a bodyshop to straighten the panels, give it a proper respray and add all of the missing body trim (side strips, JDM skirts, mud flaps, OEM decals, etc). Recently had some great fun with it on the Nordschleife and Snetterton... Was incredibly special to finally get to drive it after 7 years. All praise to my mechanic at Toyotamotive for his hard work.

racetracker_17164711_290379 (2).JPG

racetracker_17110532_290380.JPG

20210925_135658.jpg

20220610_090315.jpg

20220610_204511.jpg

I took a plunge...

(Apparently what I didn't take is a good picture)
1664319211780.png

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500 on just 68,000 miles.

I'm going into this knowing it needs some work - primary fixes to be focused on are the starter battery (runs perfectly but needs a jump to start) and one of the rear wheel sensors which is triggering a ESP/ABS warning light. Car drives like a dream, interior is in immaculate condition, and everything except the central locking seems to be in perfect order. Has some minor corrosion on the rear arches and some tiny starter bubbling on the corners of the roof that meet the windscreen, which to me seems to be all perfectly workable stuff that I can get looked at professionally at some point.

The main reason I bought this one because the killer for SL500s - and one of the main reasons most people opt for a SL350 nowadays - the ABC system, is already gone. This one was professionally converted to coilovers with an antiroll bar back in 2019 or so. With that in mind, and the laughably low price I got it for (about half of what you'd pay for a 80k mile car and get it ABC converted), I figured it's worth a shot and seeing where it takes me.

I just drove my first car off the lot this past Friday: a 2023 Kia Forte GT-Line! I was driving my parents’ 2008 Honda Odyssey for too long, and now that the A/C’s busted and the paint’s starting to peel off, it felt like it was time for my first car. Didn’t even have to pay above MSRP at the dealership. As for the minivan, my folks are hoping to sell it at the end of this week!! It’s truly the start of a new era for me.

Attachments

• E0861FCE-6D7C-48C6-B3D4-7F09ED813FAC.jpeg
    E0861FCE-6D7C-48C6-B3D4-7F09ED813FAC.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 14
Back