Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
IMG_8063-XL.jpg

My family has a 1968 Camaro SS. I'll have to post pics later!
I also have a 1968 Camaro not a SS, just a plain ole 327 power glide on the column, bucket seats, no console, chrome trim, luggage rack, SS (heavy) wheel covers, RS gas cap, hounds tooth seats, and did have vinyl top. Had to hide car in basement (got tired of people knocking on door wanting to buy it) I don't even live on main street I live behind another house and mine can't be seen from street! Car has been out of commission since 1982. The only original part I don't have for it is the 2 barrel carb.

Pictures:

Picture of what car looked like when taken out of use, notice front end sitting high (lack of engine/trans)

Picture of car while basement was being cleaned, good time to throw a coat of primer on car

And picture of my go cart:

Last edited:
I also have a 1968 Camaro not a SS, just a plain ole 327 power glide on the column, bucket seats, no console, chrome trim, luggage rack, SS (heavy) wheel covers, RS gas cap, hounds tooth seats, and did have vinyl top. Had to hide car in basement (got tired of people knocking on door wanting to buy it) I don't even live on main street I live behind another house and mine can't be seen from street! Car has been out of commission since 1982. The only original part I don't have for it is the 2 barrel carb.

Pictures:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=832&pictureid=58872

Picture of what car looked like when taken out of use, notice front end sitting high (lack of engine/trans)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=832&pictureid=58883

Picture of car while basement was being cleaned, good time to throw a coat of primer on car
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=832&pictureid=58885https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=832&pictureid=58884

And picture of my go cart:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/album.php?albumid=832&pictureid=58874

Ours is a SS, but with a rally sport stripe instead of the original super sport stripe, It's got the 396 ci 375 HP engine, and is Matador Red. We got ours from Canada. On the way back they hit a bump and lost the back windshield. Sorry No pics yet, I haven't been on my computer yet (I'm on the app).

The weather finally broke here in Michigan, was able to take my Z28 out for the first drive of the year:

photo_zpse736ef0c.jpg

photo_zpscb03bdbe.jpg

Yay, a fan! She's a 1979 all original Z28, 350/350 motor/trans. Just over 100k miles on the original drivetrain. Been repainted once, correct color but I still havn't put the stripes back on. She should have orange and yellow stripes down the rockers and around the hood scoop.

Yay, a fan! She's a 1979 all original Z28, 350/350 motor/trans. Just over 100k miles on the original drivetrain. Been repainted once, correct color but I still havn't put the stripes back on. She should have orange and yellow stripes down the rockers and around the hood scoop.

It looks great even without the stripes!

-> The tour of the two iconic sports cars...

923423_2892203321006_812763744_n.jpg

-> At the S2000/NSX meet:

547283_10151649935626328_1800860836_n.jpg

383050_4061529031715_372181333_n.jpg

^ 'Silvie' is at the center-left (w/ red seats).

-> At the Vegas Bimmers Wednesday meet:

931197_10201088243031546_1773155335_n.jpg

^ 'Trina' is on the center next to the E92 M3 on the left.

:)

Just brought the SRT10 out of Hibernation .. These are old pics but I'll post one with a GTP note in a minute, I need to go out and take one.

6 Speed manual
K&N Intake
Aftermarket Exhaust
Soon to be racing cams & heads
It was the 444th Ram SRT10 (hence the 444 in the pics from today)

Old pics before any modifications.

34rghnp.jpg

34g0acp.jpg

6nwnz6.jpg

Today just before a good scrub, with the powder coated rims.
Made sure I washed it on the lawn across the street so I didn't kill the grass on my yard :P

15mzj45.jpg

p9mp2.jpg

Last edited:
I can't think of a more awesome pickup on the streets than that one. :D
The only thing that kinda is a turn off is the exhaust sound of the V10.Even with open pipes.

But still, Viper Power.👍

I can't think of a more awesome pickup on the streets than that one. :D
The only thing that kinda is a turn off is the exhaust sound of the V10.Even with open pipes.

But still, Viper Power.👍

Thanks man, the exhaust on it sort of fixes it up.. Makes it a little throatier. But I know what you mean... Sounds like a ricer below 3k stock.
I think someone took a video of it starting and pulling away today, I'll find it and post it :) Let me know what you think of it.

Last edited:
Nice Ram! One thing I've always wondered about these, what kind of gas mileage does it get?

Nice Ram! One thing I've always wondered about these, what kind of gas mileage does it get?

With me behind the wheel? 6.

haha just kidding, I can get 16 highway (which surprises me). Revs somewhere around 1300 at 65 so it's not absolutely horrible. City though, I hate to think :lol:

The SRT10 here in the Netherlands are butchered for their engines to power old Mopars, as road tax and the mpg on the trucks is just financial suicide for most people.

/9bucks a gallon yo.

I think the real question is does MPG even matter?! (In this case :lol: )

Hell nahhhh! :sly:

The SRT10 here in the Netherlands are butchered for their engines to power old Mopars, as road tax and the mpg on the trucks is just financial suicide for most people.

/9bucks a gallon yo.

$9/Gallon :embarrassed: .. holy.
It's 1.20/liter (give or take) in my area. I believe it translates to 5.30/gallon or something around that. Correct me if I'm wrong :P

Hell nahhhh! :sly:

$9/Gallon :embarrassed: .. holy.
It's 1.20/liter (give or take) in my area. I believe it translates to 5.30/gallon or something around that. Correct me if I'm wrong :P

Normal petrol is roughly 1.70 per liter, Euro. That is currently 2.23, Dollars. :lol:

Nice Ram, always loved them. 👍

But good luck with the gas finances! My uncle had one a long time ago and had to sell it after a few years because of it. :scared:

Little-known fact: when you buy an SRT-10 truck, a fuel tanker follows you around, wherever you go!

The-more-you-know.png

If I'm not mistaken, the feature was pioneered by the 500 cubic inch Cadillacs in the 70s as a special option package.

Back