• PS4 before E3; XB1 now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS4 before E3; Both now

• Both before E3; Neither now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Microsoft changes Xbox one policy, there is no need to check in every 24 hours and now you can play used games.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...ponds-to-fan-outcry-changes-xbox-one-policies
You_don't_say.png

"Hi, I'm a moderator who's being a douche making false claims."

I'm not forcing my OPINIONS on you or anyone so don't say I am. It's a bloody forum so opinions are abundant. I swear the Administrators here should rotate you guys out on a yearly basis so the "power" doesn't go to your heads.

Considering I'm not abusing any of my "power" I fail to see how that's a cogent argument on your behalf, but thank you for being concerned. We appreciate it.

I also like the blatant case of irony, but you know what, I'll let it slide because it's probably lost on you.

Sorry, I wanted to beat Terronium-12 to it.

I don't need anyone to assist me in being an ass, for I'm certain I can manage that on my own.

"Hi, I'm going to throw more nonsensical statements at you and expect you to accept them."

Says the guy who said, and I quote "I guarantee that the ps4 will have Drm similar to the Xbox one."

That never materialized now, did it. Point being, there have been people arguing on both sides and people in the middle trying to remain impartial. I can't say you fall into the latter group.

Right? How?

haha, incase you mean, now the Xbone has similar DRM to the PS4.

T-12 was saying that he was sure the PS4 wouldn't allow us to let friends borrow the discs freely or trade them in wherever we wanted, however. But E3 dispelled that assumption quite strongly.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-one-will-revise-controversial-games-plan/0117369

Exactly as predicted. The X1 will remain the same as the 360. NOW I can vote. Going with the X1. Dedicated servers for ALL multiplayer games, true matchmaking for ALL mp games, wont be hacked, much better online experience IMO and more... I have been thinking the entire time this might have actually been their marketing strategy. That's why I never voted in the poll yet. Now I can. :sly:

EDIT: Oh wait I guess the voting is closed. NM. Probably should make a new poll now that the X1 will play used games and will not check 24 hours for online play.

To those that are complaining about the price, did you buy a PS3 at launch? I'm curious.

It's not the price, it's what you are paying for. Had a long winded explanation of a 2006 PS3 VS a 2013 Xbox One. But this is the short version.

PS3 had exotic parts and was future proofed at the core
Xbox One has non gaming elements that drive the cost up.

On top of that I would pass on any $600 console today. The PS3 did WAY more than the system it replaced, PS4, not so much. Now One is just like the 360 but costs a lot more.

CAMAROBOY69
much better online experience IMO and more..

And how did you come to this opinion without experiencing either?

Says the guy who said, and I quote "I guarantee that the ps4 will have Drm similar to the Xbox one."

That never materialized now, did it. Point being, there have been people arguing on both sides and people in the middle trying to remain impartial. I can't say you fall into the latter group.

Except that's now being left up to publishers, now isn't it? I fail to see what you're throwing back in my face.

Nice try though.

Exactly as predicted. The X1 will remain the same as the 360. NOW I can vote. Going with the X1. Dedicated servers for ALL multiplayer games, true matchmaking for ALL mp games, wont be hacked, much better online experience IMO and more... I have been thinking the entire time this might have actually been their marketing strategy. That's why I never voted in the poll yet. Now I can. :sly:

Totally respect your opinion on everything except that. Paying for online doesn't guarantee a network to be hack proof. Nothing connected is hack proof.

Except that's now being left up to publishers, now isn't it? I fail to see what you're throwing back in my face.

Nice try though.

And, coincidentally, the two consoles actually are now exactly the same in terms of DRM: They both leave it up to the publishers.

So in a weird way, you were actually 100% right....

Well according to IGN's twitter feed about the Microsoft no drm announcement, some folk are elated, most are cautious, and the rest are either getting PS4s or trolling.

I knew Microsoft didn't have the cojones to go through with their policies from the get go, but I'm glad that they aren't.

Amazing that someone can write an article like that withou a single shred of evidence to support the point they're making.

He just worded it in the most controversial way possible, that's all.
Well, it would seem that Microsoft was none to happy with Amazon – this is entirely conjecture mind you – and demanded that Amazon not only reduce the polling time by more than 50%, but has now pulled the questionnaire from their Facebook page all together.

I will never buy an xbox. PS4 will still sell more AND it will and always will be the better console. MS still tried to be anti-consumer. They only reason they're not is because Sony forced their hand. Many people will remember that MS's position is, "we would **** you so hard if we could get away with it."

I will never buy an xbox. PS4 will still sell more AND it will and always will be the better console. MS still tried to be anti-consumer. They only reason they're not is because Sony forced their hand.
It's also entirely possible (likely, even) that the only reason Sony didn't do something similar is because they had two months to watch Microsoft's self-destruct sequence present itself as a viable marketing opportunity.

Many people will remember that MS's position is, "we would **** you so hard if we could get away with it."
ken_kutaragi-x.jpg

"We want people who can't afford the PS3 to get a second job."

And, coincidentally, the two consoles actually are now exactly the same in terms of DRM: They both leave it up to the publishers.

So in a weird way, you were actually 100% right....

To be fair I thought both would have the same business model. Maybe a back room deal between them both. I think I'm correct in saying the PS4 is capable if needed. Sonys stance is that it's up to the publishers.

IMHO Sony didn't have a fantastic E3. I think Xbox just scored an own goal and Sony capitalised on it. Apart from the Jack Tretton DRM speech it was fairly lacklustre.

Xbox had a decent showing but was completely overshadowed by its policies.

X1 is overpriced and underpowered compared to PS4. Plus is 6 months behind schedule according to the guy who has a 100% record with the truthfacts. I would have to be mad to get this at launch. Might have another look when it hits £300-£329 as long as there are enough exclusives.

Back