Post pics of your PS3 setup!

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 351 comments
some of you, i swear you have too much money.. donate some to me so i can haz ps3 :D

lol.. jk of course, but I do want a ps3 ..

I was just about to donate you a PS3 then too until you said it was a joke! Oh well, just another PS3 I'll throw in the fire with my $100 bills to keep my dog's sleeping area warm.

some of you, i swear you have too much money.. donate some to me so i can haz ps3 :D

lol.. jk of course, but I do want a ps3 ..
Some of us don't have too much money, we just don't buy other stuff.

To get my PS3 I actually quit buying anything else fun until I had enough saved up (plus birthday money).

A few other niceties I have are from knowing people who do have too much money and buy the best and newest stuff. I always offer to buy their old stuff, which is still extravagant by my standards. But as they don't need more money and were planning to just ditch their "old" stuff I can usually work out an incredible deal.

I am far from having too much money, but I manage to figure out how to get nicer things than I need without hurting my bank account. With the current economy though that is getting harder to do.

This is my PS3 setup. A 37" TV with surround sound, DVD Player and the PS3 is on the bottom shelf. I also have my PC hooked up to this so I can jump back and forth between Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and GTPlanet Forums.
DSC01328.JPG

Some of you might remember me saying i got a new tv and ps3 on the "show off your latest purchase" thread.

Finally got a tv table and had it all set up. Here it is :)

dsc0062wx5.jpg

That's beautiful..Really clean..Love it

Well....here we go...finally. After nearly two years worth of remodeling my basement I have a chance to bask in the glow of my hard work.

This first picture shows the set up as a hole. It did take me sometime to figure out what I wanted the set up to look like. Did I want to build a cabinet of sorts so that none of the equipment would be visible? How would the PS3 deal with the heat of being enclosed in something that maybe wouldn't have good airflow around it?

That being a major factor led me to making an open shelf for the equipment to sit on. With that decision made, how do I want it to look? Do I really want to run all the cables in the wall or can I live with the look of a rats nest? The older I get the more anal I get about how things look and work. I did buy a cable chase thinking that would be good enough but needless to say I never opened the package.

picture012yt2.jpg

[/img]
Beautiful as well..So clean, your own PS3 pwnage corner..LOL

If I post my setup, people will prob confiscate my ps3 and wheel..LOLOL

Skins dont do that. Its probably a japanese console, they come in white over there, along with black and silver I believe.

One word for you H3rmaN, skins.

Skins dont cover the WHOLE console, just the main section of the console that has the "Playstation 3" writing on it. Also they cover up the "Playstation 3" writing, which as you can see from his pics are not the case.

Skins dont do that. Its probably a japanese console, they come in white over there, along with black and silver I believe.

That must mean he has 2 PS3's. Black one & a white one.

How come in the top pic your PS3 is black, and in the bottom one its white??
Few weeks ago (when the photo was taken) I had a Black 60GB. Now I own a White 40GB (switched HDD to 250GB) Asia-PS3 which is less noisy but lacks in PS2 compatibility.

Colorware

Probably what he means.

From,
Chris.

Yea, but that colourware even changes the colour of the chome "faceplate" to whatever colour you choose. However if you look at the pics the "faceplates" are still chrome.

Few weeks ago (when the photo was taken) I had a Black 60GB. Now I own a White 40GB (switched HDD to 250GB) Asia-PS3 which is less noisy but lacks in PS2 compatibility.

That answers the question just perfectly. Thanks!

With the door closed;
setupsmall1cz2.jpg

And open;
setupsmall2vz8.jpg

360 Pro
PS3 20gb
Nintendo Wii
PS2 Slimline
Toshiba HD-EP10 HD DVD
Philips 32PFL5522 HD LCD TV
Goodmans 5.1 (Soon to be replaced with Yamaha AV Receiver and seperate speakers)

New setup, no more surround gaming.

Attachments

• DSCN1533.jpg
    DSCN1533.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
P1010200.jpg

lets see
37" tosh 1080p
PS3
Wii
NES
SNES
DC
DVD Kit 5.1
games... shed loads

PS2 is now connected i got to get the orignal xbox plug in as well but i'm getting moaned at for using too much elecy
I also have my dicast rally cars on top of cab now

Playseat evo comming soon for my G25

Last edited:
It's a Recaro but I don't know from which car. It was displayed in a car shop. I asked them if they would sell it. Bought a few years ago.

This is my PS3 setup. A 37" TV with surround sound, DVD Player and the PS3 is on the bottom shelf. I also have my PC hooked up to this so I can jump back and forth between Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and GTPlanet Forums.
DSC01328.JPG

Is that the Toshiba 37AV505DB??

If so then I have that same TV, but in 32" in my bedroom (32AV505DB)!

Got a 40" Bravia downstairs. Here's a pic of the Bravia (I've bought a G25 since this pic was taken, and have now sold the DFP)....will get some pics up of my bedroom setup ASAP which is where my PS3 is now located.

DSC00477.jpg

EDIT: Here's a pic of my bedroom setup (32" Toshiba HDTV)....

DSC01309.jpg

This was my setup just a couple of weeks ago, before I got my new TV (32" Bush SDTV)....

DSC00544.jpg

BTW, thats a UK 60GB PS3 (upgraded to 320GB) and the only reason the PS2 is set up is to run my "special" games. ;)

Last edited:
Well you only end up with 5 really, because one of the ones on the front of the console is used to power the stand.

I dont need that many either, but I just liked the stand, and having my PS3 on carpet not only prevented airflow, but also made it a pain to open the flap so I could gain access to the memory card readers.

Well you only end up with 5 really, because one of the ones on the front of the console is used to power the stand.

I dont need that many either, but I just liked the stand, and having my PS3 on carpet not only prevented airflow, but also made it a pain to open the flap so I could gain access to the memory card readers.
Ah I see the idea now.👍

But mine is on the TV stand so I don't have to worry about that.

Back