Post the most unique voices in musicMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 49 comments
  • 3,645 views
Messages
8,077
Messages
GTP_Royalton
Annie Lennox's voice has always stood out to me. Any more?

 
Bruce Dickinson, just something about the way he howls...

 
Antony Hegarty

 
Tom
Bruce Dickinson, just something about the way he howls...

Can't argue. I also throw to the table, Geoff Tate, Rob Halford, Dave Mustaine (he's not good, but he is unique :lol:), Stevie Nicks (maybe just a cool voice actually), and James LaBrie.
 
Geddy Lee of Rush. Very unique and distinctive.
 
Rob Halford defiantly deserves mention in this thread. 👍
 
My vote. Victoria Legrand from the indie band Beach House. Her vocals for a female singer are different from anything else I've heard.




So dreamy!
 
Ronnie James Dio anyone?
 
my pick is Weird Al" Yankovic
 
Jónsi Birgisson from Sigur Rós.

 
axletramp
Jónsi Birgisson from Sigur Rós.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvB_UmmIzk">YouTube Link</a>

I agree.
 
Freddie Mercury.

 
Tom Waits - a classic - love him or hate him, you'll never mistake his voice for anyone else's!

 
Dallas Green of City and Colour as well as his former post hardcore screamo band Alexisonfire. This man has an amazing voice.

 
You beat me to it. :lol:


So I'm gonna say Bon Scott from AC/DC.

Even Brian Johnson is quite unique. No other person can go out onto the stage and make that sound. The closest I've heard is Airborne. But still isn't quite there.
 
Axl Rose?
 
Chris Cornell of Soundgarden etc. has to be considered for this too I believe... another would be Joe Lynn Turner of Rainbow fame, along with Matt Barlow and Ripper Owens from Iced Earth. Classic voices in my mind 👍
 
Last edited:
How could anyone fail to mention Bob Dylan!? His voice is unmistakable.
 
Baron Blitz Red
Chris Cornell of Soundgarden etc. has to be considered for this too I believe... another would be Joe Lynn Turner of Rainbow fame, along with Matt Barlow and Ripper Owens from Iced Earth. Classic voices in my mind 👍

Someone else thinks Iced Earth is awesome 👍
 
Karin Dreijer&#65279; Andersson


The girl eating an apple is her. Not the model lip-syncing.
 
Kurt Cobain - Nirvana


(I am aware the song above is a cover of a song by David Bowie.)
 
Janis Joplin
 
jcm
Someone else thinks Iced Earth is awesome 👍

Hell ya, how could you not lol, just an amazing band with tons of talent throughout the years... :cheers:

Another female singer with a very distinctive voice would be Kate Bush, worthy of this thread. Some other hats to throw in the ring: Klaus Meine of the Scorpions, Dan McCafferty of Nazareth and Udo Dirkschneider of Accept.

Have a good one
 
Last edited:
Tom
Bruce Dickinson, just something about the way he howls...



This.


And David Wayne from Metal Church.
 
Tom Araya of Slayer.

When you hear his voice there is no mistaking you are listening to Slayer 👍
 
Back