Post your 650PP Nordschleife Lap Time Here!

• Thread starter MrSpark
  • 413 comments
Ok, i did a quick test with the 2J, theres some time left though, i bumped a car slightly exiting a corner, the car also require sometime to get used to it completly. Still a fast car! only bad thing is the downforce over bumps, this thing just take off. :)

5:45.116

2J tune: 647pp

Suspension
10/-10
15.5/15
8/8
5/5
6/3
2.0/0.3
0.15/-0.38

diff

brake bias
5/5 (should try 4/6 wich was what i used for the TT.. forgot to adjust this.)

ballast
48kg/50

power
100%

gear
1st 1.300
2nd 0.977
3rd forgot to check, but the total speed in the graph should be 381kmh
final: 3.630
top speed 340

I forgot i changed the tune for the R390, i used it with all upgrades, i will retune for
650pp and post later. :)

Hehe Yeah on my first attempt i tried to overtake an AI by the inside on the right, then hit the jump, right wheels on cobblestone... good thing we cant run over guard rails i would have landed in the trees lol

Anyone tried with lower PP cars? i had a blast trying to catch up the faster cars like the Zonda. :)

I tried the Opera S2000 at 391hp, 540PP on racing soft 6:32.954
it was not quick enought to beat the McLaren so i tried to race a lineup with the Zonda as the quickest... :)

Mike I've watched your Ring videos and you're so quick around it all!

I had the complete opposite approach, challenging myself to run 650PP rated cars that, if given an internal 650PP rating it'd be the lower end out of 10.

For example with the Lexus IS F RM its power band looks great on paper, but it's a struggle to fully use it, as its handling isn't too great.

I beat the McLaren F1 GTR on technicality (6:27.482 after draft + bump). With a perfect lap or moving up to RM/RS tires I'm sure this can be won without drafting at all:

Thx! :)

Yeah some cars dont do as good as the specs are saying, worth trying them though, some are a lot of fun!

Didnt played much GT5 over the weekend, it was too good weather to stay in front of the PS3. :)
I will try to tune it this week.

The main thing i do most of time though, is set the diff settings, i usualy set the accel between 8 and 22, depending of the car, under 8 it will spin one wheel out of corners and make it unstable on the 'ring over the bumps or lose some acceleration...

i didnt spent that much time tuning the R390, when i seen it would struggle following the Nissan R92CP pace i stopped using it as i was trying to see wich was faster.

But i will tune it to what i think work for my driving style and will post. :)

mike_gt3
Didnt played much GT5 over the weekend, it was too good weather to stay in front of the PS3. :)
I will try to tune it this week.

The main thing i do most of time though, is set the diff settings, i usualy set the accel between 8 and 22, depending of the car, under 8 it will spin one wheel out of corners and make it unstable on the 'ring over the bumps or lose some acceleration...

i didnt spent that much time tuning the R390, when i seen it would struggle following the Nissan R92CP pace i stopped using it as i was trying to see wich was faster.

But i will tune it to what i think work for my driving style and will post. :)

R92CP Is the fastest LMP I believe.

In another thread in the video section the fastest car so far was an audi r8 race car lmp '01 , i dont have the car to test but it did 5:44.7xx i think wich make it quicker than the 2J. :)

mike_gt3
In another thread in the video section the fastest car so far was an audi r8 race car lmp '01 , i dont have the car to test but it did 5:44.7xx i think wich make it quicker than the 2J. :)

Damn thats fast

Tested another quick run with the R390 just to see if the tune was ok, got 5:53 with some errors, and some traffic slowed me down, with a different car lineup id say 5:51 is possible.

Heres the tune if anyone interrested:

suspension:
ride height: 1/2
spring rate: 14.2/14.0
extension: 8/8
compression: 8/7
ARB: 6/6
camber: 1.5/1.5
toe: -0.10/0.10

diff:
initial: 8
accel: 9
decel: 6

wing: 50/70

brake bias: 6/2

ballast: 10, position 50 (1010kg)

power limiter to match 650pp (mine 574hp at 68.4%)

Gears:, top speed set at 360, final ratio complete right, set 1st gear complete left, same for 2nd gear.

then set the following:

1st: 3.006
2nd: 2.023
3rd: 1.637
4th: 1.308
5th: 1.038
6th: 0.821
final: 3.414
max speed 360...

mike_gt3
Tested another quick run with the R390 just to see if the tune was ok, got 5:53 with some errors, and some traffic slowed me down, with a different car lineup id say 5:51 is possible.

Heres the tune if anyone interrested:

suspension:
ride height: 1/2
spring rate: 14.2/14.0
extension: 8/8
compression: 8/7
ARB: 6/6
camber: 1.5/1.5
toe: -0.10/0.10

diff:
initial: 8
accel: 9
decel: 6

wing: 50/70

brake bias: 6/2

ballast: 10, position 50 (1010kg)

power limiter to match 650pp (mine 574hp at 68.4%)

Gears:, top speed set at 360, final ratio complete right, set 1st gear complete left, same for 2nd gear.

then set the following:

1st: 3.006
2nd: 2.023
3rd: 1.637
4th: 1.308
5th: 1.038
6th: 0.821
final: 3.414
max speed 360...

I assume you have the same parts installed as in my tune? And also, any idea on the conversion between 360 kph to mph? Another thing, does this pop in the air like your 2j tune, cause. To be honest I hate that 2j

I assume you have the same parts installed as in my tune? And also, any idea on the conversion between 360 kph to mph? Another thing, does this pop in the air like your 2j tune, cause. To be honest I hate that 2j

-The car is stock no parts added if i remember other than racing soft tires.
-360kph = 223-224mph
-:) no , the 2J doesnt have any downforce, no matter what you do it will start flying over bumps, i also dont like it that much.

i like to make them smooth to drive, it will always depend of the driving style though, but i tamed the car as much i could without giving too low diff preload, that tend to make the car go in the wrong direction on wheel spin or going slightly in the grass.

At the Wehrseifen curve keep it in 3rd gear in this area after the hard braking entering the tight curve, it is faster and easier to control than 2nd gear. The car almost do all the work that way. :)

A little like in this run with the R92 from 2:05 (GT5 screen)

Last edited:
Shoe67

I agree, the 2J is really no fun. I perfer a challenge.

6mins 12 secs in the Bently speed 8.
6 mins 10 secs in the Peugeot 908 race car

On seasonal event 4 . 650 pp nordscleife.

Tried the Sauber C9 a couple days ago, still need to run more to get a cleaner run vs the AI, but its a very smooth car! :)

5:49 so far.

The Corvette ZR1 is a lot of fun stock with racing soft tires, offer a great challenge, but make sure the McLaren is not there if you want to win. :)

mike_gt3
Tried the Sauber C9 a couple days ago, still need to run more to get a cleaner run vs the AI, but its a very smooth car! :)

5:49 so far.

The Corvette ZR1 is a lot of fun stock with racing soft tires, offer a great challenge, but make sure the McLaren is not there if you want to win. :)

You should attempt it with a 787B, R8 Race Car '01, or CLK LM, which is 68XPP Fully Tuned.

I got a really nice tune on the Camaro ss rm...ran a 619 in it...decent car, fun to drive, but definitely makes for a good race with a zonda lm or mclaren f1

You should attempt it with a 787B, R8 Race Car '01, or CLK LM, which is 68XPP Fully Tuned.

You've read my mind :D i just finished doing some attempts with the 787B, i bought it this week, first time i tested the 787B since i have the game... :ill:

Really good and fun car!, i managed to get a decent start vs the AI on the second car lineup, leader is the Ford GT. But i pushed too hard on the remaining part of the track... best lap was 5:44.325, its really fast in straight line and has great traction. i put some ballast at position 10, it weight 950kg.

I had 3 attempts with the 3rd sector under 1:28.000 , lowest was 1:27.477 but i missed the next corners... :ouch:

I will try again during weekend if i have some free time... one thing i noticed, and i havent used, is with a new car like a 787B, you enter at 650pp, but the car will gain some power, if you just hit restart and not ''exit'' the car will keep getting more powerful, then once you are tuned to fit your driving, you can buy a new one, and run it, just dont finish a lap or exit, i used a target on some sector time, the split before the long straight i had 5:05, next time if im not faster than 5:05 i will just restart.

While tuning it i had to readjust the power limiter to get the power down, the more it was broken in, the lower the hp was tp keep 650pp, started with
586hp ended with 584hp at the end of my test, after some restart when i got back to the menu the car had 588hp with 651pp, it can probably have close to 600hp fully broken-in.

I got a really nice tune on the Camaro ss rm...ran a 619 in it...decent car, fun to drive, but definitely makes for a good race with a zonda lm or mclaren f1

Nice!
If you dont mind posting your tune, i will try to run it later, never used a Camaro SS RM :)

Last edited:
mike_gt3
You've read my mind :D i just finished doing some attempts with the 787B, i bought it this week, first time i tested the 787B since i have the game... :ill:

Really good and fun car!, i managed to get a decent start vs the AI on the second car lineup, leader is the Ford GT. But i pushed too hard on the remaining part of the track... best lap was 5:44.325, its really fast in straight line and has great traction. i put some ballast at position 10, it weight 950kg.

I had 3 attempts with the 3rd sector under 1:28.000 , lowest was 1:27.477 but i missed the next corners... :ouch:

I will try again during weekend if i have some free time... one thing i noticed, and i havent used, is with a new car like a 787B, you enter at 650pp, but the car will gain some power, if you just hit restart and not ''exit'' the car will keep getting more powerful, then once you are tuned to fit your driving, you can buy a new one, and run it, just dont finish a lap or exit, i used a target on some sector time, the split before the long straight i had 5:05, next time if im not faster than 5:05 i will just restart.

While tuning it i had to readjust the power limiter to get the power down, the more it was broken in, the lower the hp was tp keep 650pp, started with
586hp ended with 584hp at the end of my test, after some restart when i got back to the menu the car had 588hp with 651pp, it can probably have close to 600hp fully broken-in.

Nice!
If you dont mind posting your tune, i will try to run it later, never used a Camaro SS RM :)

If you need any more LMP cars, I have every single one. You can add me @ GravesparkSK02, and I can put them up for borrow so you can use them.

Back