Post your best STi pics!

  • Thread starter Thread starter m@goo
  • 17 comments
  • 922 views
Messages
263
Heres my favourite.................:trouble:
 

Attachments

  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 244
how about you just post those in the STi topic forum... the one in my signature. click it.
 
Really, you probably know that an STi is an WRX right?
 
Obviously, you don't know a freckin' thing about Impreza's.
STi = Subaru Technica International.
They are like TRD is to Toyota or Nismo to Nissan. WRX is just a model. Like the GT-R is better than the GTS-25T.

Period.
 
Yes I know that. Unless the guy removed the wing and installed fog lights, I'd say it started of as a regular 227 hp WRX.
 
That's correct but they changed both material and engine part's
such as coolking etc.
 
Oh OK zoxxy, just checking.

I just wanted to note that even though "STi" technically is the name of the tuning division of Subaru, people often refer to the Subaru Impreza WRX STi as simply, "STi". Even Motortrend calls it as such. Just like when people say EVO to mean Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.

All the guys at http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/ refer to the Impreza WRX STi (phew that's a mouthful, huh?) as the STi just out of convenience.

Subaru themselves refer to the car as the STi:
http://www.subaru-global.com/lineup/impreza/sti/technology/

MeM - you know that a WRX is NOT an STi, right? ;)
 
i like to get a Scooby or a 80's-92 Blazer.with the weather i have around these parts you need something with 4x4/AWD cap. and a sleeper/muscle car for the summer

a used Impreza would prob. be alot and since i can't drive stick i'd have to get a automatic.

the problem with blazers is the fact around here they are pretty dependable and getting parts wouldn't be so hard however,the prices of them have gone up.$2,100 for a 92 Blazer with rotted front fenders,the windows don't work and the rear sliding windows have silicone around them cause they leak.
 
Originally posted by Lt.Doomsday
the prices of them have gone up.$2,100 for a 92 Blazer with rotted front fenders,the windows don't work and the rear sliding windows have silicone around them cause they leak.

Is that the only one for sale in your area? Try looking around.
 
theres plenty of them,i was just using that as an example.i have no cash to get one anyway.
 
Lt. Doomsday, you really should learn to drive stick. I learned with my WRX and it's so much fun. Plus, the turbo lag is alot more pronounced in the automatic version. I haven't test driven the 165 hp non-turbo Imprezas, but generally automatics are slower, cost more, and use more gas.
 
SnowbordrWRX
Lt. Doomsday, you really should learn to drive stick. I learned with my WRX and it's so much fun. Plus, the turbo lag is alot more pronounced in the automatic version. I haven't test driven the 165 hp non-turbo Imprezas, but generally automatics are slower, cost more, and use more gas.

Automatics TEND to be faster in acceleration since it can shift faster than most humans can... :dopey:
 
Off Topic:

Automatic equipped cars from the factory are usually slower than their manual/standard trans counterpart because they almost always have less hp/tq.

For drag racing, an automatic is the way to go. There are no shift-points to screw up/miss and it is more consistent. I have seen people drop .5 of a second by just swapping to an auto. For people with force inducted vehicles another benefit of an auto is the ability to 'break boost'.
 
Monster7
Off Topic:

Automatic equipped cars from the factory are usually slower than their manual/standard trans counterpart because they almost always have less hp/tq.

For drag racing, an automatic is the way to go. There are no shift-points to screw up/miss and it is more consistent. I have seen people drop .5 of a second by just swapping to an auto. For people with force inducted vehicles another benefit of an auto is the ability to 'break boost'.


omg weak picture it has a big line in the center. check mine out 300dpi! you'll have to cut n paste
http://www.zippyimages.com/files/70881/Subaru-WRX-STi-300dpi.jpg
 
The picture does suck but I thought I would add something other than words to a thread about pictures. :)
 
Back