Post your bike!

I had done a century bike ride a long time ago with my dad and we were on our road bikes. I went down this short hill and it wasn't that steep but I got up to about 45-50mph with out pedaling. It was so fast so quick my eyes watered up. I think on the same bike ride I was going down a one lane highway and I had aero bars on. I just glanced back to see what was behind me. Not having a lot of experience with this bars I began to violently swerve and I almost lost it going 40mph. I would have got run over if there was a car there too. :scared:

Mines a Trek 4100: (It's like this but dirtier)
trek%204100%202003%20red.jpg

I have bar ends on it so far, I want to get some disc brakes next summer.

Nice Trek! We have them over here, but they arent really that sort of bike...more of a cheaper, crapper style.

I would love to have a go on a road bike, just to see how fast i can get. Theres one at my local bike shop worth $13,990 AUD!!!! Oh, its carbon fibre!

I nearly cvrashed at 39.9 on a hill not pedalling. Front brakes had WD40 on them and I locked the rears.
My brother could smell the tyre smoke.
I ran onto a grass verge and nearly hit a flint wall.

heres a picture of my bike, its a great ride 99% of the time :)
banshee.jpg

and here are the specs from the web for the bike and edited to suit my bike

Frame Sizes: 20.5"
Frame: New Carrera specific alloy frame S/T: 34.9, Post: 30.6mm
Forks: Top Gun 207E
BB Set: CH-46 semi cartridge
Brake Levers: Tektro 385A alloy black
Brakes: Tektro I/O mechanical disc brake
Chain: Shimano CN-HG73 silver
Chainguard: Disc attached
Chainwheel: Suntour CR-210-ABG
DERA-F: Shimano Deore 31.8D
DERA-R: Shimano Deore
Freewheel: ESP 7.0 11-32t
H-Bar: LCH-681A alloy sand black W600 R20mm
H_B Stem: LCS-768 silver Ext: 90mm, 107deg
Headset: TH No.10 black with Carrera black cap and 2 spacers
Hubs: D041-DSE-H, QR, alloy silver, 32H
Pedals: Alloy body and cage silver
Rims: Alex X-2100 32 hole silver
Saddle: Ike MS black with red guard
Shifters: Shimano Deore black
Tyres: 26 x 1.95

comments would be appreciated.

Originally posted by oxygenuk
heres a picture of my bike, its a great ride 99% of the time :)
banshee.jpg

and here are the specs from the web for the bike and edited to suit my bike

Frame Sizes: 20.5"
Frame: New Carrera specific alloy frame S/T: 34.9, Post: 30.6mm
Forks: Top Gun 207E
BB Set: CH-46 semi cartridge
Brake Levers: Tektro 385A alloy black
Brakes: Tektro I/O mechanical disc brake
Chain: Shimano CN-HG73 silver
Chainguard: Disc attached
Chainwheel: Suntour CR-210-ABG
DERA-F: Shimano Deore 31.8D
DERA-R: Shimano Deore
Freewheel: ESP 7.0 11-32t
H-Bar: LCH-681A alloy sand black W600 R20mm
H_B Stem: LCS-768 silver Ext: 90mm, 107deg
Headset: TH No.10 black with Carrera black cap and 2 spacers
Hubs: D041-DSE-H, QR, alloy silver, 32H
Pedals: Alloy body and cage silver
Rims: Alex X-2100 32 hole silver
Saddle: Ike MS black with red guard
Shifters: Shimano Deore black
Tyres: 26 x 1.95

comments would be appreciated.

Is this a built bike from different parts? You didn't specify what kind of bike it is? Unless I'm blind?

Originally posted by miniMADness
Damn! why do people have such awesome bikes, then im stuck on my peice of crud!?

Hmm, honestly Mini, sometimes I'm not so sure I should have gotten such an expensive bike.(I'm still paying for it too):banghead: That worry all changes when I ride it or see the new models of my bike (the new ones suck ass).

Well seeing how i dont have a digital camera, i had to find it on the web, this is my exact bike.
Iron Horse
Outlaw
21 Spd

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 109
Originally posted by VipFREAK
Hmm, honestly Mini, sometimes I'm not so sure I should have gotten such an expensive bike.(I'm still paying for it too):banghead: That worry all changes when I ride it or see the new models of my bike (the new ones suck ass).

Yeah, thats a point! and knowing my luck, if i bought a really good expensive bike, itd end up getting stolen anyway :rolleyes:
I cant see the new models of my bike! GT dont make a 2004 Palomar :( :( :(

Oh, nice bike Hanker!

Originally posted by VipFREAK
Is this a built bike from different parts? You didn't specify what kind of bike it is? Unless I'm blind?

sorry vipfreak and others, silly me forgetting to name the bike :lol:. make: carrera / model: banshee = bought in 2002

Hey fellas, some nice bikes in here. (always like the i-drive) :D

As for me, I have an odd one. Put it together after getting some great offers on parts and frame. (although the frame isn't exactly what I wanted.)

However, this is how I've got it set up.

Diamondback xsl pro frame (2001 model I think)
Marzocchi dirt jumper 2 (custom springs for me 250lbs. +) (5" of very, very plush travel. :D )
Sid rear making about 3 inches rear wheel travel on a 4 bar design. (alright, but it really needs an oil dampened unit)
The rest is the good stuff...
Easton CT2 post and bars.
XTR shifters and derailluer
LX cranks, rings, cogs. (9 speed)
Cat eye clock/speedo
Chris King hubs front and rear tied to sun mammoth rims. (great for heavy guys like me)
(wheels were custom built too, with 14 guage spokes and alloy nipples)
Race face good & evil grips.
thomson stem (short.. 70mm I think? )
Old school servo-wave vee brakes. (back when shimano first started it... 2 years later they became the lx knock offs of the "real" xt vees.)

I think thats about it.

I have a pic I will post, I just have to get to my dads scanner. :(

But I will do so when I can.

Anyway, like anyone wouldnt believe me... who in their right mind would make up such an idiotic bike... I mean, vee brakes on a trail bike with king wheels. :odd:

Anyway, glad to see there are some other mtn bikers out there. :D

I have this bike in the back of our shed:
b8.jpg

I have this bike:

F-DH_02.jpg

Its a Hokada Fastrax Downhill:
With this spec:

Frame 7005 MB F.Hub Mavic DEEMAX
Fork Rock shox Boxxer R.hub Mavic DEEMAX
Handlebar *FUNN FATBOY SLIN Cassette #SHIMANO CS-M750
Hannd Stem *FUNN SERIAL RIPPA Spokes #MAVIC
Grips *CO-3495 G Rims #MAVIC DEE MAX
Brakes #HAYES DH DISC F.Tire *C-S M-129
Levers #HAYES DH LEVER R.Tire *C-S M-129
Chainwheel #RACR FACE NORTH SHOX F.Derailleur NIL
B.B,Set *TURA BB-DH-113 R.Derailleur #SHIMANO RD-M750 SGS
Chain #SHIMANO CN-HG92 Shift #SHIMANO SL-M750
Pedals #SHIMANO PD-M636 SADDLE *TIOGA DH-C
Frame Shock Fastrax HX S/POST *TITEC DH

I use it in a few charity downhill events and a few amateur events in the South Downs (south of UK)

i got a peugeot racer, extremely fast. i recently sprayed it multicolored wid blue red and white

ohyeah sum time ago i bent the front27 or 29 " rim whilst trying to do a 360 from a ramp, i spent an hour wid ahammer trying to straighten it out in vain, but it was no use cos no matter how much i tried, it kept rubbing against the brake bands

I see you all got cool bikes guys. 👍

here's mine, my everyday vehicle. It's a replica of an old military bike. I do really like the comfort from the baloon tyres and springs in the seat.

This it what it looks like new, think 1 kilo of rust on it. Mine's not a pretty sight but it does its job well :)

That's cool a classmate of mine has a bike like that it says kilroy on the side and is olive drab, not my style but it's cool. I think it's a beach cruiser?

This is my "new" "19 Schwinn Homegrown. I've been looking for a good hardtail for a long time. Last week while cruising eBay, I found it..

The weather has been really poor here and I'm in terrible shape so I haven't had a chance to ride. Summer can't come soon enough. :D

Attachments

• monster_tomato_small.jpg
    monster_tomato_small.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 112
I have always liked the frames on Schwinn bikes, the quailty control during the build process is excellent from the top of the range down to the entry level....they build up into nice bike.

i am thinking of getting a new road bike for the upcoming season...any one got any suggestions?...

Essentially, this is my bike:
NAILTRAI.jpg

Mine is actually orange and black though. I haven't ridden it since last summer actually. I finally picked up a decent dirtbike (CR250) last year so I didn't do much mountain biking. Hopefully I'll get some seat time soon though as it's starting to get warmer out and I'm trying to lose a lot of weight.

-Mark

I don't have a pic of my bike, It's cool, except I can't get into the last 2 gear's, I also want a speedo, and a new bike.

Originally posted by Party for GT4
You lucky bastard!

:shrug: It's pretty nice. It's a '98 so it's not exactly new, but I like it. I just need to get somebody to re-jet it. The guy that owned it before me rebuilt the top end and I don't think he re-jetted it right. Either way-👍

-Mark

Yeah, but it still must have about 40bhp.
Most memorable motorbike ride of my life was pillion on a 1999 YZ400 two-stroke on the roads beside the local crosser track. Over 100mph on the straights, spinning in fourth, sideways on the corners.:embarrassed:
It had one hell of a kick.

Nice. If you plan on changing anything, the front sproket looks pretty plasticky. If you get a better on, like I did on my bike, you are less likely to encounter annoying (and friction-creating) noises. Try to get better bearing, it helps to reduce friction. Did 74kph (48mph) of road in a charity race last weekend. I won my class (junior ameteur) and came 3rd overall, beaqting several pros there to help for publicity. A few more medals in my cabinet.:)

This is my bike, a DK Legend. Bought a few years ago from my cousin's bike shop. It's like the picture except it's red and I changed the seat.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 63
Back