Post your bike!

I have a bike built by Sun called the Retro Classic
retro_steel_blk.jpg

It's similar to this model but it's discontinued and red. Eh, it gets the job done, makes pedaling Jamesburg's moderate grades a bit of a fun challenge, I can boastily say I've won an uphill race against a Geo Metro (running on two cylinders) and an ice cream truck in it, and I can also boast I can ride for miles without touching the handlebars :D
(Without traffic, of course. 'Crazy, not stupid' is one of my mottos. I'm not out for a darwin award, like somebody nearby who rides a unicycle on the road)

here is my bike , i use it for dirt jump and for freeride...
Fork:marzocchi bomber z5
frame:2002 norco 125
rear derr: Deore
Front Derr:None i only have one speed in the front
Homemade bashguard
oury grip
funn brake lever
axiom rise bar handle bar
and other thing...
pic168.jpg

I'm extremely envious of you, Pako.

My current bike is a Specialized Rockhopper, which I use for cross country and training rides, but it's not suitable for the other riding I do (a mix between freeriding and street), so I'm not saving up for either a Giant AC, or a Specialized Enduro. I'm probably gonna get the AC, seeing as the Enduro is another $1300 more expensive.

I'll get pictures up once I've taken them of my current bike, along with the specs.

Heres a picture of the bike I'm getting, its a Trek 4300.

4300.jpg

When I get it I plan on going for a 40km ride, from my dads house to my mums house, stay at mums for an hour or 2 and have food, watch TV, go on computer and then hed back to my dads.:D

I've got a 2001 (I think) Giant Rincon. Gold/silver/black. Retailed I think around $2k?

I dunno, a long time friend of my family gave it to me as a moving away present. Said he got a new one. I'll look for pics, I know I've got them somewhere. I can't wait for the snow to melt. Then I can stop driving my nasty Bronco II and get back to jetting about on that Rincon. Such fun. I love biking. ^^

Man everyone has a nice bike except for me. Right now Im using my sisters bike because my old bike was too small. It was my first bike that i had since I was like 6or7. Its not really much of a problem using my sisters bike, because Im the only one in my family that goes bike riding. But I think now it will be a problem. I started to grow an interest in mountain biking, and ever since I did, my friend who rides his bike with me for PE(we have PE homework) keeps blowing me off says that his shoulder hurts or his legs hurt or hes doing something.(I think its just becuase hes 200lbs and cant ride there and back, cause we living the mountains but not high mountains)So my mom knows I really want to try mountain biking, so she said this Sunday we'll go but then theres a problem. We only have 3 working bikes, 4 of us.The only way it'll work is if my dad doesnt come. If my family decides to go bike riding every weekend, Ill start saving up for a bike. I want a Specialized Demo, but I cant afford it, so I might get a Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc. My friends dad could get me a discount depending on what bike I get and how much it cost.Ill post up a picture of my sisters bike that Im using right now tomorrow if I dont fall asleep after school.(My sisters bike isnt soom pink Barbie bike. I just want to make that clear)

Previous bike!

brand-Dirt master
model-Jump
Wheel set-Alex supra E tripples with sealed Redline hubs
Cranks-Normal 180mm profiles( completly rooted....Lots of movement on splines! :crazy: )
Forks-Odysee (spelling) 41 themos
Headset & stem-non sealed primo heaDSEt with a oldschool Profile XS stem
Bars-bent slam bars ( hand me down from bro :P )
Seat, seat pole & clamp-dodgey seat, primo pole (i think) and primo clamp.

Then me and my brother went halfs in a Mosh bagley 4 star (150auD each). I took the Profile SS cranks off it and brother keeped the rest. Then i decided to swap brother dirt master frame for mosh frame and this is my bike spec now....

Brand- Mosh
model- bagley 4 star
Wheel set- araya super 7x front rim with sealed suzie hub(front)
Alex supra E tripple with Tuff neck flip-flop sealed hub (rear)
Cranks- Profile SS
Forks-Odysee (spelling) 41 themos
Head set & stem- non sealed primo heaDSEt with a oldschool Profile XS stem
Bars-bent slam bars ( hand me down from bro :P )
Seat, seat pole & clamp- primo seat, Seat, seat pole & clamp
Chain wheel- DK iron cross 39t (thick type) and 14 t rear freewheel.

Oh and dont forget the 'export' quality baby blue paint job that looked good when i done it but now looks like ****!

CHeers.

Oh and sorry if this was a all MTB thread....

Very nice all of you....

Now that I have everything else I want, I am gonna be saving for MTB stuff again. If it will work, I am switching to 9spd. All I need is the cassette..... then probably a set of Profile cranks. I get discounts because I am sponsored. Then, Avid Brakes and levers. Brakes first.... then cranks. Then all new cables and a new chain. Grand total? About $380. I can wish! :)

BTW.. all you weaksauce girls out there..... why wait until the snow dries. It is a pain in the ass but what isn't? Anyways, me and a friend do it all the time. Not to mention he was on 1.5" street tires in the snow on an old specailized rockhopper. Hubs: Chris King back and TNT front. Rock Shox Judy C that he got for free. :grumpy: Oh well..... I need a hardtail.... maybe me dad will split the price for a Specialized P1... :)

Heres my bike. My digital camera's batterys run out so i just took it with my phone.
I recently bought a new front wheel(you can see the different colour wheel) because
i hit a kerb at........no joke 30.2 MPH!!! i really fu**ed up my hands and obviously buckled the wheel.
Its been 3 weeks and their still not fully healed.:indiff:

And heres the pics of my hands(not recomended for those of you with weak stomachs)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1391/picture14110je.jpg
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9989/picture23112yc.jpg

my banshee scirocco
exr comps
xt disc brakes
xt rear mech
and the rest of the bits are off my std.hardrock disc 04
id show you the pictures if they wernt so crap.

Wow, decent bike there JOe.

I need to get those pics developed.... hang tight. Unfortunately, I took them before I put the new cranks and seat on it. It looks SWEET all clean and everything. So awesome.

cheers its taken me a wile to get it together but i love it. and id also like to take this oppertunity to say that its not an xc bike!!!

My bikes a SPECIALIZED ROCKHOPPER A1 COMP FS in the manufacturers signature colours red and white.......Its a great trail bike that can aslo handle some rough downhill stuff.....The Manitou Six Elite 100mm shocks are ok and have dampening to lock out some of the bounce on the road. Mines exsactly like the picture below apart from I have DMR V8 pedals instead......

And here are the specs.....

FRAME A1 Premium Aluminum, double butted front triangle, disc mounts, removeable derailler hanger
FRONT FORK Manitou Six Elite, 100mm travel, alloy steerer, ail damped with pre-load adjustment
REAR SHOCK N/A
HEADSET Ritchey 1-1/8", threadless
STEM Specialized welded alloy, 10 degree rise, anodized black
HANDLEBARS Specialized 30mm rise, 6 degree bend, black anodized
GRIPS S-Works Double Density, kraton
FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-410, linear pull, black anodized
REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-410, linear pull, black anodized
BRAKE LEVERS Shimano ST-M510 , Deore
FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore, 34.9mm clamp, bottom pull
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Deore LX
SHIFT LEVERS Shimano Deore ST-M-510
CASSETTE Shimano HG-50, 11x32, 9-speed
CHAIN Shimano, 9-speed, HG-53
CRANKSET Specialized Forearm II Comp, with black arms
CHAINRINGS 44Ax32Sx22S, w/black 7075 alloy outer ring, Tru-Shift
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano BB-UN-52, square taper, 68 x 110
PEDALS Shimano PDM-505, clipless, w/reflector , cleats
RIMS Mavic X-139, 32h, 26", alloy double wall, w/machined side walls, black
FRONT HUB Specialized alloy,32h, w/hi-polished bearing surfaces, black
REAR HUB Shimano Deore, 32h, forged alloy, low flange, 9-speed, black
SPOKES 15GA, stainless, black, w/brass nipples
FRONT TIRE Specialized Rockster Pro 26"x2.1", aramid, blackwall, 120 TPI
REAR TIRE Specialized Rockster Pro 26"x2.1", aramid, blackwall, 120 TPI
TUBES Specialized ultra light, presta valve
SADDLE Specialized Pro MTB w/Body Geometry Technology (OEM)
SEAT POST Specialized alloy, 30.9x350mm
SEAT BINDER Specialized alloy collar, w/ QR

Nice. 👍

Just for the hell of it... Does anyone know why the gears on bikes have always been on the right and the disc brakes on the left?

y'all got nothin on this beast! It's a stock pic of my Haro F3, being 14, i prefer to use the trails for something different than the rest of you guys. Like i said, it's a stock photo, mine is chrome.

Attachments

• haro-F3.jpg
    haro-F3.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 15
r34jse
nice AC, but can the air shock take a battering??

I think it's too soft and bouncy it's like riding a cruiser. The rear shock is waay more active than my manitou sherman. I need a coil shock!

Mine has all Rock Shox SID air... I love it. :D then again I'm still at the "I'm too stupid to know the difference, just give me a bike and ride" stage. :dopey:

maybe you weren't impressed with my other bike, here is an even less impressive one..My 03 xr100r, modifications-Scratches on bars from beating them back into shape., Bent shifter, once bent clutch(channel locked them), dented brake pedal, nascar and Danscomp stickers...99cc's of fury! :crazy:

Stock pic.

I just realized somthin', my bike cost 2100$, some of your guys' MTB's are more than that

All I can say is that you asked for this, don't laugh. (OK laugh at will :))

It was bought by my great-grandpa, then used by my grandpa, then by my mom and now it's mine. A real historic!

I need to take a proper pic really.

This is one i found on google somewhere - all of mine are really dark.

m1362_santiago.jpg

Back