Post your drift setups here!

• Thread starter mr_pushrod
  • 46 comments
the most easiest way is to turn off traction control and asm, i will bring some more detailed setups later, m8 see ya!

Same here, I have a really good set up on my Trueno at the moment but I need to post it. BTW, what tyres do you drift on? I tend to go for sim tyres and wondered what everyone else uses:)

Originally posted by mr_pushrod
Same here, I have a really good set up on my Trueno at the moment...
This has been duly noted and may be used in evidence against you!

Drift fan eh? Do you do it for fun or do you use it for racing? I just lose time if I do it. :(

Drifting is absolutly no good for racing for me because I am concentrating on getting the car as sideways as I can for as long as I can. I personally enjoy the challenge of keeping a car drifting (I've been watching Tiff Needell far too much:D). Not only do I have a Trueno, I also have a Sylvia and RX7 Infini II set up soley for drifting as well as various standard cars, all on sim tyres.

Here's some hardcore drifting settings for the Zonda road car.

Buy all parts.
Buy Simulation Tires
Turn off ASM and TCS.

Have fun!!

Ok, here are the suspension setting for my Trueno drifter. Make sure the car has around 250bhp, full racing 'box, 3 plate clutch, custom LSD, sim tyres full lightweight and of course full racing suspension:)

Attachments

• mvc-060f.jpg
    mvc-060f.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 439
I disagree Troy, that will give you the occasional sideways moment, I am talking about when you can keep the car totally sideways for as long as possible, even down the straight at times. Have a look at the video section of www.driftcore.com (Gran Dorifto is a GT3 drift video) to see what I mean:)

OK its still not working, for all its worth the 350 HP my ae86 is putting out its barely moving me and i just cant drift it, its more of a skid into a 360. Are you supposed to use the E brake or not, maybe thats my problem

I only have about 240bhp in my Trueno which is probably why yours is so uncontrollable. Try my settings with about 100bhp less and you should find the car will go sideways without ever needing the handbrake. The nature of drift setups is however to make the car unstable so it wants to go sideways. You will therefore need to steer the car on the throttle when you are sideways. Take you car to complex string and practice on the hairpins that increase (or decrease if you are driving the reverse course) in size, that helped me a lot:)

Thats the problem though, only a few. The idea here was to get more variety, a drift setup that works for one person won't work for another. Good link though and I'm sure it will be of great help to some people:)

Oooh, that cheeses me right off. That FAQ has some of my setups and comments sprinkled in it (and it claims some foreign comments as mine), yet it misrepresents the point of exhibition drifting. It is NOT faster than grip racing! Then the author goes on to claim that he owns the copyright to the stuff on that page. I never gave my permission for him to use my material for his FAQ. I'm happy to help but I would prefer that people ask me first, rather than just steal my stuff.

I wonder where I posted that stuff though. He credits me with my other forum name (BryanH) that I use on the MR2 and Club4AG boards.

You don't need to tune the car a certain way to drift it. Most RWD cars will do it without modification. Settings like these just make things easier for the novice drifter.

Using the e-brake is NOT powersliding, either. Argh! So much misinformation there.

Oh well.

Here's a much more accurate GT3 drift guide: http://forum.granturismo.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62506

my favorite drift car is the R32 GTSt but i havent played for a while(im drifing in a real R32 instead).It all comes down to personal taste, which goes for the power levels aswell, also keep in mind its about feathering and control from the driver not just settings:
Suspension:
10kg/mm front springs 12kg/mm rears,
slight drop in ride height usually bout 5-10points from the lowest,
front rebound and bound 6
rear rebound and bound 8
camber front 4.0
camber rear 2.0
Neutral toe
stabalizer front 5
stabalizer rear 6
Brake:
front 9
Rear 21
Gearbox:
lower final drive 3.750
close 1st,2nd and 3rd
wide 4th and 5th
Tyres:
front super slicks
rear medium hard slicks
LSD settings:
intial 40
acceleration 15
decceleration standard
Downforce:
N/A

i have a quick question. please dont think im dumb. i dont know how to tune my cars in gt3. please someone tell me how. i also dont know how to make a new post cause im new to this site. pleae help me with that too.

Okay, here's my best settings (not counting that cudaman one, that one rocks, by the way).

Lancer Evo V by Shinkuu

Spring Rate F/R-4.5/3/9
Ride Height F/R-11.1/11.1
Shock Bound F/R-4/4
Shock Rebound F/R-4/5
Camber F/R-2/1
Toe F/R- -0.5/-0.5
Stab. F/R-4/4
Brake Balance F/R-10/9
DownForce F/R-0.19/0.26
Torque F-10
Accel F-40
Decel F-20
1st Gear-3.010
2nd Gear-2.103
3rd Gear-1.592
4th Gear-1.199
Fifth Gear-.961
Sixth Gear.844
Final-4.509
Auto-25
ASM-0
TCS-0
VCD-40
AYC-40

Get all of the fixins w/ stage 3 weight reduction and medium tires. I think Stage 2 Turbo works good. All you have to do to drift is turn hard in and let off of the gas, but this isnt great for long corners. To even out, just step on the gas.

GRAN TURISMO 1 LanEvo III settings:

Parts: All Semi-Racing parts
NO RACING MODIFICATION AND NO WEIGHT REDUCTION

Suspention settings:
Ride Height: Lowest ride height possible
Dampers: Highest setting possible
Cambers: 0
Stabilizers: Hard, highest setting possible

Back