Post your GT PSP Nürburgring lap times

• Thread starter Shiparch
  • 210 comments
Probably because GT4 physics were more close to GTPSP 'Standard' Physics. While your racing on Professional physics now, its not that the car is slower, its that you have to balance the car and take more care in braking and through corners.

Can someone take the time & tell me what's with Nürburgring?
Looks like an important track.
I know I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Now I get it!
Thanks for the link.

A lot of history on that track.
And upon running a lap on my PSP, I'd say it looks very dangerous.
Seems like the roads are uneven & very slippery.

Now I get it!
Thanks for the link.

A lot of history on that track.
And upon running a lap on my PSP, I'd say it looks very dangerous.
Seems like the roads are uneven & very slippery.
Yup, there are a lot of bumps in the road, so a really low and hard Le Mans car will bounce all over the place. Also, if you take high speed corners and clip the curbs, it'll basically launch you into the grass on the opposite end. This track basically tests everything you have as a driver, it's much much more difficult than normal tracks that are super wide.

Anyways, I just did a 7'11.992 in the RX-7 LM Race Car during a 1 lap race, I went off once, and there is still a whole section that I'm not familiar with (that and I'm still getting used to this insane track as a whole), so I really think this car is on track to do a sub 6 minute run here.

Attachments

• Quicklap.JPG
    Quicklap.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 51
I've been having 4 lap races with the Mazda Furai in A class and can't win for the life of me! Great fun though, on R1's I've hit a 6:50.xxx mark but think I can get it closer to a 6:40time on the same settings.

Havent put in a proper lap yet... with two off track occassions in this lap... I managed 7.45,396 - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GTR - R1/R1....... Once I get a clean lap in I will update ;)

Probably because GT4 physics were more close to GTPSP 'Standard' Physics. While your racing on Professional physics now, its not that the car is slower, its that you have to balance the car and take more care in braking and through corners.

Yeah, I think GT4 was inbetween standard and professional. It's quite ironic really that the PSP game probably has a fair bit more advanced drivnig model than GT4! Certainly I'm getting that impression from the game.

Yeah, I think GT4 was inbetween standard and professional. It's quite ironic really that the PSP game probably has a fair bit more advanced drivnig model than GT4! Certainly I'm getting that impression from the game.

Yup, I get that impression as well... the physics model on Pro is very advanced... atleast it feels that way.. :) I have recently switched over from the D-pad to the analog stick and it feels a lot better... no constant tapping.. :) It is very sensitive though so you have to get use to that first... then its just smooth sailing

7:45.6 in a Bugatti veyron M Black. no assists is [profanity deleted by moderator - don't do that please] hard!

Last edited by a moderator:
8:46.3 in my Civic Type R (EP EU) using S1/S1 tyres, no assists, man and pro physics.

I still insist that using S1/S1 tyres is the closest to real grip, speeds and braking for road cars, even if its a real handful on the PSP controls. Only assist I ever add is TC to 5 (only with S1/S1 tyres) if its a powerful rwd car that happens to have tc in real life. In real life its there for reason unless you want to drift and crash. Maybe R1/R1 tyres simulate semi slick tyres but try using using S1 tyres on most road cars, accept race/rally specials.

If you've driven the real Nurburgring a few times in your own car your'll know its mad, I love this track, and its awesome we can now learn it on the PSP too, but nothing prepares in real life on how how scary the bumps can be, the sheer speeds and drops, and how fast the locals are who don't back off. In real life its damn right dangerous, there's people killed most weeks! The whole place (hotels etc) is just performance car heaven though. I'd live there if I could.

Last edited:
7:45.6 in a Bugatti veyron M Black. no assists is [profanity deleted by moderator - don't do that please] hard!

Hardest thing is to stay on the track and not make mistakes, but even then you can still get a quick lap while going off. On my first lap with the Veyron (and only so far) I went off three or four times and lost plenty of time but still managed a 6'59.

The Bugatti Veyron is a piece of junk. Just as I suspected, it's a car with a lot of horsepower but suck in the corners. Driving it is like driving a train with the turning radius of mars.

with the RX-7 LM Race Car i got 7:47 i'm not that great but i should get the time lower.

anyone came close to 6.11?(stefan Bellof amangly fast for the time >
date 1983-05-28 6:11,13 Porsche 956-007 #2 1000 km Nürburgring pole position, fastest lap ever :scared:

would love to see that in an onboard movie!

You guys suck! j/k. I got 7:43:662 for Bugatti Veyron, 8:46:552 NSX-R, and 8:09:322 ZR1.

P.S. Can someone invent a damn steering wheel for PSP? The physics is perfect (kinda), but the control sucks! PD should have ported this for PS2 or whatever.

The controls are the only problem I have with this game. I haven't been able to win any Gold/Silver trophies on the Challenges cause of this.

Havent put in a proper lap yet... with two off track occassions in this lap... I managed 7.45,396 - Mine's BNR34 Skyline GTR - R1/R1....... Once I get a clean lap in I will update ;)

Update: 7.31,770 In race, same setup with R1s.... I think I can probably get down to 7.00 with no mistakes and a clear track! :D

I was on track to do a 6'59 on the ring with the RX-7 LM, if the AI didn't ram me off road at the start of the last series of corners at 270 kph, I ended up doing a 7'03 after getting back on track... and in 4th. So this is how you define hatred...

Pagani Zonda LM - 6'35.436

Professional
TCS: 1
R3/R3

still have yet to run a lap without going off course with this car, a 6'2X.xxx is possible.

My GT-R time attack perfectly fits the rules.. thanks...:D

I still didn't push it hard enough, i think it i am able to get a 7:10

I just took it for a spin with your settings, and my first lap was a 7'02.473. It was a very conservative lap, with only one mistake in the final S before the finish. With the settings in the original post, the GT-R is a sub-7 minute car easily.

utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTQtMjAwOTEwMTAtMjAzM.jpg

Last edited:
Well, here it is:

utf-8BSU1HMDAxOTctMjAwOTEwMTAtMjE0M.jpg

I'd say this lap is pushing pretty hard... maybe 90%... I'd be willing to bet a 6'55.xxx is possible on a less sloppy lap (I didn't have any offs, but on a couple of occasions I began sliding a bit upon corner entry, and I definitely didn't hit every apex, so corner exit speed could be greatly improved at multiple times throughout the lap)... one of these days I'll run a perfect lap and find out. :D

Last edited:
Actually, after watching the replay, I'd say this is pushing 95%... it'll be pretty difficult for me to beat this one. Possible, but difficult.

Managed to do a 6.21.068 using the Audi R8 race car using R3 tires, professional physics, and manuals with TC set to level 1 and ASM enabled. Made a mistake on one of the corners and ran wide onto the grass and there was still a lot of time to be gained in most of the corners so it should be possible to knock another 10 seconds from the overall time if I can get a clean lap.

Screenshot of PSP times.

Actually, after watching the replay, I'd say this is pushing 95%... it'll be pretty difficult for me to beat this one. Possible, but difficult.

Good lap, I'm looking at the time you are playing that, 11:30pm. This game must be really addictive:lol: I'm going to have to wait about a week or 2 before copies arrive at local stores:(.

Latest Posts

Back