Post your GT PSP Nürburgring lap times

• Thread starter Shiparch
  • 210 comments
Here are my times:

And here is the video of my Bugatti doing that time

6'45.351
.. I think nobody has been faster around the ring in a Bugatti :P but I could be wrong.

So I just did a 6:56 lap in the Mazda RX-7 LM, I still can't go full speed through that section of 4th gear corners after the first chicane.... arghhh. This car can so do a 6:45 I'd say.

Attachments

• NSS.JPG
    NSS.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 21
Actually, after watching the replay, I'd say this is pushing 95%... it'll be pretty difficult for me to beat this one. Possible, but difficult.

Just beat your time, but by a very slim margin...

And I bet I can beat this time with a ZR-1. will be posting the proof shortly :-D

Did take some cars for a spin earlier today and got the following:

5:40 Ferrari F2007 AT, TC: 5, ASM On, AS Off, R3/R3, Standard
6:59 SLR McLaren AT, TC/ASM/AS Off, R3/R3, Standard
7:00 Ferrari Enzo AT, TC/ASM/AS Off, R3/R3, Standard
7:02 Nissan GTR Spec V '09 AT, TC/ASM/AS Off, R3/R3, Standard
8:30 Opel Speedster Turbo '00 AT, TC/ASM/AS Off, R3/R3, Standard

I'm gonna have to try the Enzo with some aids, for the first time in this game I felt like a car really wanted to kill me.. It should be way faster than the McLaren anyway, and I felt like I did a horrible round with that.. :P

For the record, all of this is Single Race, not time trial, so standing start.

Last edited:
not a fan of the r3's as i believe they are equivalent to racing slicks. i prefer the s3's. I can get a better sense of the handling dynamics with them on the cars..I hope the rules change someday :)

Professional Physics - No Aids - AT

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 - 6'55.897 (would've been 6'53, screwed up the last chicane)

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09 - 6'35.543

Attachments

• snap002.jpg
    snap002.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 26
  • snap003.jpg
    snap003.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
the thing is that you make the licences in gold you be able to take the last part of nurburgring on a easy way with the gtr, but when you use TM you are able to get more revs to get out of the corners quickly, i am pushing with the gtr r53 v spec to take the lap, i tried with the enzo and the pagany and those cars are vicius.

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 - 6'55.897 (would've been 6'53, screwed up the last chicane)

Nice lap man. Earlier today I put in a few and almost threw my PSP out the window. I was 5 seconds ahead of my 6'57 ghost at the beginning of the long straight, then stuffed it when my right rear inched onto the grass while braking hard for the last chicanes. :irked:

I'll get that 6'52 or '53 soon enough... soon enough.

not a fan of the r3's as i believe they are equivalent to racing slicks. i prefer the s3's. I can get a better sense of the handling dynamics with them on the cars..I hope the rules change someday :)

Havok, I agree, R3 tyres simulate full slicks, and I personally think the are far less exciting to use. They are only going to feel correct when using race car editions in the game.

People's times listed are very quick, in fact way way quicker than what I've acheived.....but then I only use S1 tyres.

In real life road cars would never use (R3) full slicks, dispite being illegal on the road (OK this game is all circuits but you get the idea, most trackdays even ban them on 'road' cars) gearboxes and diffs would brake, and there is a huge loss of feel on the limit so most drivers would find it boring or crash when pushing them hard, they are all grip or nothing.

People shouldn't compare GT PSP times with real life using R3 tyres, and certainly shouldn't think the car in GT with R3 tyres is simulating anything like the road car in real life is, its not. Try S1 tyres instead.

Thats before people starting comparing GT PSP Nurburgring times (full lap) with the listed ones on the net that are not a full circuit, i.e. they are Bridge to Gantry (and anything from 20-40secs different).

An event using only S1 tyres would be great, as aweful as the grip is in the game, they simulate road cars grip, braking, handling and proper car speeds , and feel far better compared with the cars behaviour in real life (I've owned/driven about ten of the cars in this game in real life, obviously not all of them and certainly not Ferrari's etc lol).

Going by the times I've achieved around other circuits, I would say most road cars should be on S1, with either S3 or R1 tyres being used if you want to simulate a road car with semi-slicks (eg tuned examples like the Mines Skyline, or factory cars like the lotus Exige). I know the prologue manual even mentioned N3 tyres on some old cars.

As much as I hate to say it, real cars also have TC control, so if its a modern car with TC and it was available on the real car then it also can/should be used on TC1-TC5 (its not required on 4wd) in the game, if fast times are what your after on a road car thats certainly the way you should be thinking on S1 tyres. If you want to play and drift then obviously, like real test drivers do, switch it all off.

hi all

I was wandering how to evaluate my ( quite slow )lap times with the ones expressed here, and reading last post I find myself agreeing with scleeve : TC and R3 tyres are imho meaningless on the Motorsport Elise, but are ( still im-very-ho ) unavoidable with LMPs or old Group C classes ..

May I suggest the creation of few simple categories, in order to classify comparable lap times made on ( roughly ) comparable cars ?

it could be somthing like Race Car / Road Car, each with HP "slices" and each slice with recommended tyres.

here are some examples :
- Road Cars 200-400 HP, S1 tyres ( Lotus Elise etc )
- Road Cars 600+ HP, S3 or R1 tyres ( Bugatti Veyron, Mazda Furai, etc )
- Race Cars 400-600 HP, R1 tyres ( most JGTC GT500, or some Le Mans GTs )
- Race Cars 600+ HP, R2 or R3 tyres ( LMP or Group C cars )

if anyone is interested I can set up a draft for these categories and browse this thread to start filling a few lap times

PS. please forgive if my english gets sloppy, and thanks for your patience :)

Nice lap man. Earlier today I put in a few and almost threw my PSP out the window. I was 5 seconds ahead of my 6'57 ghost at the beginning of the long straight, then stuffed it when my right rear inched onto the grass while braking hard for the last chicanes. :irked:

I'll get that 6'52 or '53 soon enough... soon enough.

Had another shot at it this morning and managed a 6'52, there's still another 1 - 1.5 seconds left on the track but this will do for now. :)

Attachments

• snap004.jpg
    snap004.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 33
i was lurking and seen this thread and figured i should sign up and post
anyway,

Toyota Sprinter Trueno (Shingeno V.) S3/S2 - 8'56.140

-_- im not a fan of high spec cars so most my times will be quite high

gz
hi all

I was wandering how to evaluate my ( quite slow )lap times with the ones expressed here, and reading last post I find myself agreeing with scleeve : TC and R3 tyres are imho meaningless on the Motorsport Elise, but are ( still im-very-ho ) unavoidable with LMPs or old Group C classes ..

May I suggest the creation of few simple categories, in order to classify comparable lap times made on ( roughly ) comparable cars ?

it could be somthing like Race Car / Road Car, each with HP "slices" and each slice with recommended tyres.

here are some examples :
- Road Cars 200-400 HP, S1 tyres ( Lotus Elise etc )
- Road Cars 600+ HP, S3 or R1 tyres ( Bugatti Veyron, Mazda Furai, etc )
- Race Cars 400-600 HP, R1 tyres ( most JGTC GT500, or some Le Mans GTs )
- Race Cars 600+ HP, R2 or R3 tyres ( LMP or Group C cars )

if anyone is interested I can set up a draft for these categories and browse this thread to start filling a few lap times

PS. please forgive if my english gets sloppy, and thanks for your patience :)

GZ, I understand what your saying and agree mostly, but having tested many cars in the game I still think ALL Road cars, including supercars 600bhp+ should be on S1 tyres for real performance. Only cars that run proper cut semi-slick tyres in real life should be on R1.

For example, I just did a 1:35.509 around Laguna Seca in Time Trail using the Corvette ZR1 on just S1/S1 tyres and low TC (far from a perfect lap but not too bad, the Cork Screw is one of the most difficult corners to ever get right), and compare this with the real time set by Motortrend magazine (USA) with the ZR1 which was 1:35.8 and its not far off. Obviously using any better tyre (S2, S3 etc) would just be too fast and too grippy.

What I always use are...

- All Road cars (Performance tyres): S1
- Tuned cars/semi slick shod cars (Semi Slicks): R1
- Race cars (Full Slicks): R3

- TC off on FWD and 4WD cars
- TC 1-5 on powerfull modern RWD cars where the real road car has this option (some of the supercars for example)

I'm hitting between 6'30 and 6'40 with LMP or Group C ( 600+ HP ) Race Cars ( my personal favorites :sly: )

following scleeve's advices, I run with TC set to 5 and R3 tyres, it helps a lot to get a "almost drivable" feel :)

I feel quite confused when comparing with GT4, yesterday droppes the psp I fired up the good old PS2, and using pressure-sensible buttons I run the 787B around the 'ring in 6'00, half a minute faster than here on GT PSP ...
does anyone try to switch between GT 4 and GT PSP for quick comparison ?

GZ, if you want to compare the PS2 GT4 to GT for PSP, use Standard Physics for GTPSP, you should get comparable times then.

Just set a 7:28.518 with the Enzo. Man that car is wickedly fast. It requires your full attention, no doubt!

Settings:
Pro Physics
R3 Tires
All aids off

BMW M3 CSL - 7'23.537
R3 tires
No aids
Professional
Manual

BMW M5 - 7'12.711
R3 tires
No aids
Professional
Manual

Nissan GT-R SpecV - 7'02.392
R3 tires
No aids
Professional
Manual

I think I get get a sub 7 minute lap with the GT-R, I just keep making silly mistakes on the lap. I had one lap where I was 7 seconds up on my ghost time and then spun coming onto the main straight.

GZ, if you want to compare the PS2 GT4 to GT for PSP, use Standard Physics for GTPSP, you should get comparable times then.

:ouch: ... In fact I was already using Standard Standard Physics with GT PSP, I guess I definitly miss the pressure sensible buttons from my old dual shock.

btw, does anyone know how to erase entries from the time trial records ?

I initially tried a couple LMPs, I now I have all my records occupied by awful laps with 800+ HP cars, while I'd like to keep records from GT300 or GT500 clean laps ...

gz
:ouch: ... In fact I was already using Standard Standard Physics with GT PSP, I guess I definitly miss the pressure sensible buttons from my old dual shock.

btw, does anyone know how to erase entries from the time trial records ?

I initially tried a couple LMPs, I now I have all my records occupied by awful laps with 800+ HP cars, while I'd like to keep records from GT300 or GT500 clean laps ...

I think I saw it in the options menu the other day. From the main menu screen, select Options and I think its the far right tab in the options menu.

Yellow GTby Citroen 6:53.078 R3 tires, no aids, pro physics, AT transmission because you can't select manual on this car. In addition, I have to change some quick tune settings around to make this lap clean. Here's the changes that I made: Maximum downforce both front and rear. Ride height: -5/-5 Dampers: 4/4 Spring rate: 5/5 Toe: 0/0 Camber 2.0/1.0 No changes in HP or weight. Here's my facebook page containing a video of my lap and look under videos. Sorry for the kind of bad quality on the video.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000154200346

Back