Post your GT PSP Nürburgring lap times

• Thread starter Shiparch
  • 210 comments
SHIPARCH
Never
Here are some of the official lap times for the real life counterparts of vehicles in the game. You can use any car in the game and are not limited to these:

1. Nissan GT-R V-Spec R35 *Testing/Unofficial*:7'25.00
2. Ferrari Enzo: 7'25.3
3. Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1: 7'26.4
4. Bugatti Veyron: 7'40.00
5. Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren: 7'40.0
6. Ford GT: 7'40.6
7. BMW M3 CSL: 7'50.0
8. Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06: 7'56.0
9. Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 V-Spec: 7'59.0
10. Dodge Viper SRT-10: 7'59.0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times

RULES:
Transmission: Manual
TCS: Off
ASM: Off
Active Steering: Off
Driving Physics: Professional
Tyres: R3 Front & Back

*If you would like to use different rules post what you used along with your times.*

Last edited:
Here are some of the official lap times for the real life counterparts of vehicles in the game:

1. Nissan GT-R V-Spec R35 *Testing*:7'25.00

You should tell us which physics to use, standard or professional?

Just finished up a lap in the ZR1, which I found to be a bitch to handle on the blind hairpins, but in the end I got an 8.02.442.

The first race I tried was with the red Mercedes SLR McLaren. I think the time was about 8 minutes.

Here are some of the official lap times for the real life counterparts of vehicles in the game:

1. Nissan GT-R V-Spec R35 *Testing*:7'25.00

GTR Spec V, 7:41.906

You guys suck! j/k. I got 7:43:662 for Bugatti Veyron, 8:46:552 NSX-R, and 8:09:322 ZR1.

P.S. Can someone invent a damn steering wheel for PSP? The physics is perfect (kinda), but the control sucks! PD should have ported this for PS2 or whatever.

Correction to my earlier post the records page on the Nurburg time trial shows the lap as 7.34.807 so can that lap time suck?.

Gave this a quick go and got a 7:36.293 with the Ferrari Enzo.

Are there any rules to settings? I'm just using default setup with default tires (in this case S3's for Enzo) No Aids and pro physics. PSP Controls as well, not using Dual Shock3. If there is to be some competition going on, there needs to be a standard of rules in place.

Gave this a quick go and got a 7:36.293 with the Ferrari Enzo.

Are there any rules to settings? I'm just using default setup with default tires (in this case S3's for Enzo) No Aids and pro physics. PSP Controls as well, not using Dual Shock3. If there is to be some competition going on, there needs to be a standard of rules in place.

don't think it's a competition so much but as a comparison to see how fast you can get a car compared to it's real-life counterpart.. so far the result are pretty close.

The problem is everyone's using S3 tyres which probably aren't anything like real life tyres. If this thread is meant to be an accurate comparison, we should all be using comparable tyres shouldn't we?

Nissan gt-r specV 7:14 (no assists, r3, manual)

3980331790_e6127c0c17.jpg

3980331778_fe5fcfba2e.jpg

Last edited:
O.K. guys, I updated the post to include rules. I guess If anyone wants to use other specs you can post the times, car and the specs used.

My GT-R time attack perfectly fits the rules.. thanks...:D

I still didn't push it hard enough, i think it i am able to get a 7:10

I know all of you are using R3 tyres, but they are slicks so are all about grip, they can't be compared to the real times? Also aren't those listed times Bridge to Gantry (BTG) and not the full lap as in the game?

Surely you should be using N3 or S1 tyres depending on the car for realism (like Pologue mentions in its manual), i've done this with some cars around Tsukuba and they are pretty much spot on after loads of laps. Yes they are a nightmare on those tyres with pro, manual and all assists off but they feel far more real?

I know all of you are using R3 tyres, but they are slicks so are all about grip, they can't be compared to the real times? Also aren't those listed times Bridge to Gantry (BTG) and not the full lap as in the game?

Surely you should be using N3 or S1 tyres depending on the car for realism (like Pologue mentions in its manual), i've done this with some cars around Tsukuba and they are pretty much spot on after loads of laps. Yes they are a nightmare on those tyres with pro, manual and all assists off but they feel far more real?

I would love to use other tyres but without sensitive pressure to control the throttle it's too hard to drive anything when assists are all turned off.. you just spin everytime you turn

besides games just dont compare with the real world.. We have a perfect condition in the digital Nurburgring, but in the real life driving that fast would just get you killed easily... even some small sands and stones on the track would be deadly when you try to slowdown at 180mph...

i managed a 7'06.239 with my Honda NSX-R Proto LM Road car

Was a messy lap with a few offs here and there so im sure i can get under 7mins.

I did a 7'20.966 in my Mazda RX-7 LM Race Car with the settings set out by the OP. this car can definitely go much faster but I was really scared...

I suspect that this car spent at least 2 minutes in the air during the run. I thought having no pressure sensitivity would be horrible, but once you get used to the controls, you can still get really fast laps. YOu peoples that can get 7'14 from GTRs are insane...

BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01 - 6'51.710

No Assists
Professional
R3/R3
Automatic (can't drive manual while using the analogue nub)

10:59:511 on my first lap in a '62 Mini Cooper on N1 tires. :)

I used a slow car so I could appreciate the scenery... now I'll work on getting the thumbs in shape to set a fast time!

Back