Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
franken-frame1.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

I don't have a man-cave per se. I simply conquer the living room whenever I get a chance! ;-)

The rig has got somewhere in the vicinity of 350W worth of tactile feedback mounted in the seat, gearstick, wheel and pedals. Screen is a grey Lissau 84" 16:9 High Gain model with an old Infocus SP4805 projector. Audio is delivered by an old NAD 7240PE integrated amp and a set of Dali floor speakers.

^ 84"? That's huge. :D Mine only 73" projection from Optoma HD65. Obutto racing cockpit setup with Logitech G25. Still waiting for my GT5 copy tomorrow. Abit late on this part of the world.

a0KMZ.jpg

Xx0iW.jpg

08Ibr.jpg

glQbp.jpg

awesome setups guys, some damn big screens, good ideas and inventive stuff, its just about here and our chairs, tv's and wheels will be going for a great ride.

arrived today at 4pm, was done putting it together around 6pm. Wish it came with an allen wrench, I need to pick one up tomorrow. My shifter holder wobbles around during shifts, so annoying.

Anyone know how to keep the pedals from sliding around on the tray? They're damn near sideways after a lap. I will eventually get a steel pipe and drill 2 holes and mount the pedals upside down, but until then, I need to fix this.

I have to say though, it's a heckuva lot of fun! Although I can't catch a spin like I could do perfectly with the pad. I suppose I'll learn though, or better yet, learn not to drift around corners anymore lol.

Also, I can't heel toe with this setup for ****!

156186_1469371419930_1402947049_31100068_3510660_n.jpg

Obutto
G27
46" Sony XBR9

Anyone know how to keep the pedals from sliding around on the tray? They're damn near sideways after a lap. I will eventually get a steel pipe and drill 2 holes and mount the pedals upside down, but until then, I need to fix this.

Yeah, same problem with my Obutto too. The pedals keep sliding, I've put a rubber mat below it.

@ slow eddy, nice, that a bit of a change, i am sure you are happy lol.

Nice set up also fit, got the good luck kittie by the tv lol.

Here's mine, been playing GT5P, NFSShift, Dirt 2, GTR2 and more recently F1 2010. Got GT5 today, cant get the damned clutch working for 2nd gear properly but will come back to that tomorrow.

Made the wife park her 4x4 outside to free space for the cockpit. That went down well but my needs were greater!👍

My bloke cave! :)

img0006w.jpg

img0421p.jpg

img0415o0.jpg

img0419o.jpg

img0418t.jpg

^ Bonus points for the John Player Special sticker on the back!

Welcome to GTPlanet, Leg.

👍
2010112109.jpg

cockpit: Custom built PVC (inspired by SIMUL8R's PVC pod)
Wheel: Fanatec GT3 club sport v2
TV: Old school Sony 60XBR1

Thats pretty cool, looks soo much better when someone is actually in there racing...i want one now:grumpy:

Does anyone use the in car view with their set up?

Leg
Here's mine, been playing GT5P, NFSShift, Dirt 2, GTR2 and more recently F1 2010. Got GT5 today, cant get the damned clutch working for 2nd gear properly but will come back to that tomorrow.

Made the wife park her 4x4 outside to free space for the cockpit. That went down well but my needs were greater!👍

Haha Nice, it thought your car park was a dyno :sly:

SlowEddy,

I noticed the carbon on the PVC. I was thinking about that for mine but it looked quite pricy. Is it 3m carbon vinyl? My PVC rig is still in paint and I have yet to figure out how I want to mount the shifter. Anyone have a good way to mount the g27 to pvc? I used a block of wood for the dry fit but was not happy with the way it looked.

^ Bonus points for the John Player Special sticker on the back!

Welcome to GTPlanet, Leg.

Thanks.

All stickers from ebay except the white and green stripe which is white gloss with green electrical tape down each side.

Dont suppose anyone knows where I can find a solution to this clutch issue on Gt5 do you please guys? Basically I start a race in 1st and go for 2nd and get neutral. Ive tried making sure I fully depress the clutch etc, no joy. It was fine in GT5P. :grumpy:

I cant bring myself to play the manual cars with paddles, takes the fun out of it.

Mid build...

img0542dy.jpg

SlowEddy,

I noticed the carbon on the PVC. I was thinking about that for mine but it looked quite pricy. Is it 3m carbon vinyl? My PVC rig is still in paint and I have yet to figure out how I want to mount the shifter. Anyone have a good way to mount the g27 to pvc? I used a block of wood for the dry fit but was not happy with the way it looked.

It's the 3M stuff and it is pretty expensive :S
in the end its probably not worth the extra cost as it is purely cosmetic but if your willing to dish out the extra $$ its really great stuff to work with
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

oh and i do use the cockpit view - its just that i can't drive as well when i do haha

Here's mine :

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

DSC00092.jpg

G27 & Fanatec Porsche Turbo S with Clubsport Pedals - mated with a 50 inch Panasonic 720p/1080i Plasma TV. 5.1 surround speakers -
PS3/Xbox360 & PS2 ready to roll on a moments notice. Rig on rollers to move around.
(Some pics still show old MS wheel installed)

Chapman

Last edited:
The screen looks a little too high and close. Obviously works for you though, nice rig.

hey Im waiting for Fanatec to release their club-sport shifter
- i plan on mounting it on the side brace which is on the right side of the rig
(kinda hard to see in that picture)

@ Slow Eddy
where did you place your shifter? or are you planning on not using one?

I went from This..

IMG_4241.jpg

I'm using that tray/stand right now till I get my Rennsport wheel stand. Once I get that I'll post some pictures.

Anyone not have a racing seat and is using a chair from Ikea or somewhere? I'm just wondering how you like it and if it still feels like you're racing (I'm sure a proper racing seat would feel better). I'm looking at getting the Poang chair from Ikea (maybe the leather version).

I've noticed lots of you use the in cockpit view. I've tried using that but I like the hood/bumper cam a lot more. Anyone else like that one more?

Back