Potential Upcoming Changes to the Driver Rating System?

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 108 comments
So it just happened where I was the only A with B,C and D drivers in an fia race. I was ranked 13 going in with a little over 2000 (2 races) points but because of the drivers they put me with I got 400 points for first. Didn't know if I could back out or not, risking not being able to start another one?
You won't have been "ranked 13". With D drivers involved (sub 4000 points) the door number things gets mixed up. For some reason, the system sorts the DR rank alphanumerically so 4000 is greater than 39999 - as 4 is greater than 3.

You won't have been "ranked 13". With D drivers involved (sub 4000 points) the door number things gets mixed up. For some reason, the system sorts the DR rank alphanumerically so 4000 is greater than 39999 - as 4 is greater than 3.

I meant ranked 13th in the fia standings.

Oh I see, didn't realise you were talking about FIA 👍

Edit: and, yes, if you drop out (or even get disconnected before even starting :mad:) that's it... no more tries

I am usually a Dr A/Sr S driver but I slipped to B/S. According to the website, I am now a B/A+ driver. I'm surprised they didn't change the ranking system for Dr as well, because I'm only a few points away from Dr A so you would think I would be Dr B+.

Hopefully this change improves the matching system so that Dr As don't just get slaughtered by "aliens" all the time.

Although I don't see how it would help if it's only a change to Sr and not Dr. I'll reserve judgement until the update.

I am usually a Dr A/Sr S driver but I slipped to B/S. According to the website, I am now a B/A+ driver. I'm surprised they didn't change the ranking system for Dr as well, because I'm only a few points away from Dr A so you would think I would be Dr B+.

Hopefully this change improves the matching system so that Dr As don't just get slaughtered by "aliens" all the time.

Although I don't see how it would help if it's only a change to Sr and not Dr. I'll reserve judgement until the update.

Unlikely, unless you get enough aliens to do a Daily Race and the low A/high B's get the 2nd split.

adding a plus sign to letter is bad idea, if they wanted something above S it should be X, if it's just rename because of SS jokes ... well, that would be super lame.

adding a plus sign to letter is bad idea, if they wanted something above S it should be X, if it's just rename because of SS jokes ... well, that would be super lame.

It probably is because of that. :lol: Oh and people being X Rated would end up with the same result, removed because of jokes about it. ;)

Lets just hope it is because of them adding extra classes. :nervous:

Perhaps this explains why despite being over 30k I’m still Dr B.

Sr is shocking I know... Kart race at Indy the other night is the reason for that haha

Attachments

• 80FC3532-9C7E-4090-84FE-04AF5C072AA1.png
    80FC3532-9C7E-4090-84FE-04AF5C072AA1.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 60
So now we have the 'Star Player' system according to the patch notes. No idea yet as to what that actually entails.

SR has been reverted back from A+ to S.

Edit: Won Daily Race B, still at 75k so no cap change 👎

Last edited:
Been a little busy with work and had a holiday last week so I've just got back to find the update file sitting on my PS4.

I'm a little confused about the driver rating's when I've loaded up the game, when I left before my holiday I was DR C and SR rating
was S but when I've come back it now shows I'm still DR C but I've dropped to A rank in game yet I still show as SR S on the website.

Has anything in fact changed with this as I see mention of changes in the patch notes or still too early to say?

So now we have the 'Star Player' system according to the patch notes. No idea yet as to what that actually entails.

SR has been reverted back from A+ to S.

Edit: Won Daily Race B, still at 75k so no cap change 👎

How do they think we should find out what star player means? And just renaming from S into A+ without removing cap of 75k?

Even it does not and will never effect me (barely reached S ...ähm, sorry, A+ level) it still makes me angry, because its again a typical PD-communication in mysteries

This is just ridiculous - introducing a new term (Star Player) and not explaining it...

Yes and there aren't any yet that I've seen, people at the 75,000 DR cap are now A+ instead of S, the same as every other previously DR S player.

Either star player just means people at A+, or it's something exclusive that they are going to give out at a later date, to FIA Championship winners or something like that.

My best guess at the moment is if you qualify for the top 24 races tomorrow the game will in some way recognise that. It is classic PD to introduce a new feature and not even spend a sentence explaining what it actually is :lol:

True, i guess it is something with the new "real" Session coming in 2 weeks - maybe the Top 24 Superstarqualifiers will get the S/S rank - so it will be super rare again :P

True, i guess it is something with the new "real" Session coming in 2 weeks - maybe the Top 24 Superstarqualifiers will get the S/S rank - so it will be super rare again :P

Is that definite that the real season is 2 weeks away?

Was hoping for the week after as I'm away that weekend and was planning to start when the real season began but I guess I'll just have
to part of the event for that week.

Is that definite that the real season is 2 weeks away?

Was hoping for the week after as I'm away that weekend and was planning to start when the real season began but I guess I'll just have
to part of the event for that week.

The real season will probably start soon after Nurburgring 24 (which is a fortnight away), they won't start it after inviting 30 of the top guys over that weekend

The real season will probably start soon after Nurburgring 24 (which is a fortnight away), they won't start it after inviting 30 of the top guys over that weekend

Thanks, will keep an eye out, hoping to get into the test season this week, too many others things kept me out of races in
recent weeks.

And just renaming from S into A+ without removing cap of 75k?

It does seem pointless. OTOH, what would be the point of upping the limit? 75k is already a very select group, with very little opportunity to gain any significant DR points from daily races. They would tend to increase their score very slowly and then DR is really just counting how many boring wins against the plebs they've endured.

I think at that rarified level, perhaps even all of DR S A+, DR doesn't work effectively to rank players and something else is needed. But then that splits the game into two parts - one for them and one for the rest of us. As a high A, if I made it into A+ and the game changed I don't know how I'd feel.

It does seem pointless. OTOH, what would be the point of upping the limit? 75k is already a very select group, with very little opportunity to gain any significant DR points from daily races. They would tend to increase their score very slowly and then DR is really just counting how many boring wins against the plebs they've endured.

I think at that rarified level, perhaps even all of DR S A+, DR doesn't work effectively to rank players and something else is needed. But then that splits the game into two parts - one for them and one for the rest of us. As a high A, if I made it into A+ and the game changed I don't know how I'd feel.

There's about 100 EU accounts all clustered between 70-75,000. One bad race or disconnect can move you down dozens of places in the unofficial DR leaderboard. The selection for the Nurburgring event was first done by DR, they seemed to email the top 50 first and that was at around 72,000.

Upping the limit to 100k would at least spread the top guys out more so just 1-2 bad races doesn't destroy such a chance to go to a high profile event and encourage us to do more Daily Races.

There's about 100 EU accounts all clustered between 70-75,000. One bad race or disconnect can move you down dozens of places in the unofficial DR leaderboard. The selection for the Nurburgring event was first done by DR, they seemed to email the top 50 first and that was at around 72,000.

Upping the limit to 100k would at least spread the top guys out more so just 1-2 bad races doesn't destroy such a chance to go to a high profile event and encourage us to do more Daily Races.

Oh for sure, I can see that as a possible benefit theoretically, I'm just sceptical that you aliens would actually meet each other enough in daily races to make the scoring meaningful.

Its a problem for a minority of players, but we have to look at it like this: In this minority there will be the selection who is the best.
We also wouldnt say if there was a cap limit in the soccer- champions league that this is only a minority-problem

Its a problem for a minority of players, but we have to look at it like this: In this minority there will be the selection who is the best.
We also wouldnt say if there was a cap limit in the soccer- champions league that this is only a minority-problem

Exactly, raising the cap is only an issue for a couple of hundred players worldwide at most but ultimately it's the highest profile end. It doesn't negatively affect the 99.9% of players who don't get into Top 24 events and makes things fairer for the top guys so we'll see people get into major events on merit. Now luck is too high a factor, if I had 2 disconnects or been rammed to oblivion 7-8 days ago I'd not have qualified for N24 and that's not fair.

oh man :(((

They Need to rise the cap!!

I think the "Star Players" are maybe the Leaders in the upcoming real Season!

PS: Anyone in this thread going to Nürburgring for the EUR Championship?! Hope to see you there :))
A friend of mine received an email yesterday that he has been invited.
Of course all inclu.like the flights, Hotel, Food and Drinks. Awesome, I was so happy for him :)

Back