Potential Upcoming Changes to the Driver Rating System?

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 108 comments
A friend of mine received an email yesterday that he has been invited.
Of course all inclu.like the flights, Hotel, Food and Drinks. Awesome, I was so happy for him :)

Great thing! Is he someone who we would know? What I mean is, is he frequently in this forum or in the top-ten leaderboards?

Has the cap been raised then?

As it looks that it is´nt... my theory is the following:

DR S category will be given for a certain time.. to those restricted Top A+ (ex S) players that achieve the best classifications on the FIA Events...

Those who will be allowed to enter the Final phase will be in there surely and maybe some additional ones.. (not many. I´m sure..) ... this is my feeling about the issue...

Okay, so is there a significant change in the measuring of penalties? I mean would a slight bump "grant" you 1-2-5 seconds (SR S) like before or is it a bit more forgiving?

Yes he is here since 10 years but doesn’t post a lot. And yes he is quite often on the Leaderboards. 1more tip, he‘s Dutch :D
Whait what ? i am ranked 5th in Holland can i get a invite to lol. :lol:

I am guessing its Rick-918-bmx. Not sure if he has a account on here but he is one of the few dutch guys that is consistently up there on the boards and very fast in a race. Plus he is one of the 4 dutch guys that sit at 75k. @ferrari312t is extremely fast as well but he doesnt run much races i believe so his DR isnt up there yet.

Yes he is here since 10 years but doesn’t post a lot. And yes he is quite often on the Leaderboards. 1more tip, he‘s Dutch :D

I am guessing its Rick-918-bmx. Not sure if he has a account on here but he is one of the few dutch guys that is consistently up there on the boards and very fast in a race. Plus he is one of the 4 dutch guys that sit at 75k. @ferrari312t is extremely fast as well but he doesnt run much races i believe so his DR isnt up there yet.

Maybe a late reaction, but whatever xD. I can confirm: I didn't received an email or something like that. Maybe, because I only ran 27 races and my DR is "only" a low A. Rick told me that he has got an invite, but he isn't selected. From the Netherlands, only desmania25081972 is selected for the Nürburgring event.

I notice that side bumping is not causing a penalty when no harm is done, eg no one is spinning or losing time. That is a very good thing cause sometimes close and minor unintended contact is not a problem. A S driver.

Yeah, you Holland Folks really are some fast Guys, but sometimes there can only be one :D
Maybe a late reaction, but whatever xD. I can confirm: I didn't received an email or something like that. Maybe, because I only ran 27 races and my DR is "only" a low A. Rick told me that he has got an invite, but he isn't selected. From the Netherlands, only desmania25081972 is selected for the Nürburgring event.
I guess it’s Time to bring an end to all this speculations. The Guy I mean did already post it here on GTPlanet so it’s no secret anymore. It’s @Spark_43. :cheers: Mate, I‘m sure you don’t mind posting it ;)

I notice that side bumping is not causing a penalty when no harm is done, eg no one is spinning or losing time. That is a very good thing cause sometimes close and minor unintended contact is not a problem. A S driver.

I don´t agree with you!! Cause many... dirty racers use that to push you out of their way! That is absolutely illegal in any real race! You can´t push aside another racer just because he is in your way and you think you have the right to pass putting him out of your way !!!!

Yeah, you Holland Folks really are some fast Guys, but sometimes there can only be one :D
I guess it’s Time to bring an end to all this speculations. The Guy I mean did already post it here on GTPlanet so it’s no secret anymore. It’s @Spark_43. :cheers: Mate, I‘m sure you don’t mind posting it ;)

Yes i've been selected by PD (they needed someone who come last i think)

I don´t agree with you!! Cause many... dirty racers use that to push you out of their way! That is absolutely illegal in any real race! You can´t push aside another racer just because he is in your way and you think you have the right to pass putting him out of your way !!!!

See my post on the FIA race thread posted today regarding this. Driver was trying to bump me off the track and he got a 1sec penalty when I ran into the rear of him after losing concentration because I couldn't believe he was doing what he was doing. I ended up with a 10sec penalty.

I was of course not talking about people bumping others out of the way !

I was just talking about accidental contact. For example when you are next to each other exiting or entering a corner and both use radar and both can come through the corner without bumping each other but the cars hit a little bit.

I do understand that its nearly impossible for a computer to know what is accidental and what is intentional. Still when someone loses time it can be almost certain intentionally.

I was of course not talking about people bumping others out of the way !

I was just talking about accidental contact. For example when you are next to each other exiting or entering a corner and both use radar and both can come through the corner without bumping each other but the cars hit a little bit.

I do understand that its nearly impossible for a computer to know what is accidental and what is intentional. Still when someone loses time it can be almost certain intentionally.

I don´t think that´s impossible.. in the situation I was referring the dude simply leaned his car against mine and stays side glued to it while pushing it (side by side) out of my racing line and out of his way, another "variation" his repetitively side touching my car as is doing small and repeated Ss (against the side o my car). That move takes several seconds and the side touch is or continuous or then with repeated side touches, very different from a one touch only situation!

Back