Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
STIELOW ENGINEERING RED DEVIL // 600PP // SPORT SOFT TIRES

DSC_6662.jpg

Stielow Engineering Red Devil.jpg

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

@praiano63 I have a request, if you find the time.

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray '54, 500pp, sports soft tires. I have one on spprts hard from COTHO but it' s having trouble keeping up in the sports soft lobbies, and upgrading the tires makes it have roll for some odd reason.

Thanks in advance, only two cars are higher on my favorites list: a '53 or a' 57 corvette, '53 is first year, and' 57 has a better engine.
This is a very good power range for both, i´ll check them.
Hi Praiano.
Love your work. You do an awesome job.

Apologies in advance for the length of this post.

I was wondering if you may help me with a query regarding transmission setup?
I am using your calculation spreadsheet, which is brilliant.
I know spreadsheets fairly well and have checked the formulas, and also checked the results by hand with a calculator, so there is no issue with the gear calculation sheet.

So ... I'm having an issue essentially with 6th gear.
Using your system I'm finding it difficult to get a launch low enough to not spin the rear wheels on a particular car.
So I've slightly altered your start procedure, other than that I've followed your system.

Instead of going up to 70% final gear in the first step I've actually gone down to around 40%.
From there it's set the max speed to minimum, spread gears as normal, lower final gear to 2.500.
So basically your system with a slight change regarding starting point on final gear scale.

I chose to go down because at that point on final gear, then max. speed to minimum, then first gear at 0%, final gear down to 2.500, I have a perfect launch.
So I then reset the gearbox to standard, then set same final gear start, max. speed to minimum, and worked out my 6th gear ratio to match the track top speed. (When final gear is back at 2.5000 of course)

I can't see anything that I'm doing anything wrong.
So knowing my 1st gear is set at 0%, calculated my 6th gear to be at 38%, I then proceed to spread the remaining gears evenly.

The issue is that all gears 1st to 5th look beautiful on the gear line diagram.
6th gear however is separated way too far from 5th and comes in at far too low a rev count.
I cannot work out why this is happening as I'm certain I'm not making any silly errors along the way.

An adjustment by eye on 5th gear to even out the spread on the gear line diagram can be a simple fix, but I would much prefer things worked as they should and I didn't have to revert to 'guess work'.

Any thoughts on how or why this might be happening?
Is my start procedure, although different, still okay, or is it the cause of my issue?
I realise the % ratios are a bit weird, but I find it easier to do it that way.
There's perhaps a more regular solution, and perhaps I'm doing it this way because I'm being lazy, but I still don't understand why 6th gear simply doesn't fit nicely like the rest if I'm essentially using the general concept correctly.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this, and trying to get your head around what I'm describing.
(Again, sorry for the long post but difficult to describe in a few sentences)
Hello. The first max speed setting only will define how long or short the gears ratios can be for any earbox you´ll build.
You´re not obliged to let the first gear full left too.
The most important is to have a last gear that give you the top sped for a given track.
Then if you race online a short race with grid start or a longer where it is important to not stay behind the pack ( like the nordschleife), you need a first gear that make you jump ahead, no tire spinning ,no squat.
The intermediary gears have to be spreaded heavenly between . You can do this visually looking at the graphic.

It´s not possible to check because we don´t have test track anymore, but a as low as possible final gear do not generate a faster accel like it was in GT5.

Have a good night, pizza time.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

LOL, writing is on the wall! Or should I say the pizza is in the oven? 👍
Can't wait to see your tunes start popping up on the AC threads. :dopey:
Need a better computer for this first, i jst play AC because i love the sensation at the wheel, but the low resolution i have to play don´t allow full attack.
It´s a fantastic unfinished game. Let see the final version.

Thanks a lot Laurent for this "gift" of your best tunes. Mr. Abarth forever , as written by me on some thread on GT5.
I' ll donate you some amount for your continuous job , I haven' t smartphone for your app , no problem , the life goes on anyway... :)

Bye
massimo

Attachments

• brasile3--2-5.jpg
    brasile3--2-5.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 40
Tuner´s paradise :setting panel of the BMW M3 GT2 in A.C.:D
Tuner´s paradise :setting panel of the BMW M3 GT2 in A.C.

First thing I noticed in your post was tire temp in 3 places across all 4 tires and tire pressure all 4 tires.
Here in the southern USA we use the tire temp across the tire to help show what part and how much of the tire patch is working and how we may need to adjust camber or tire pressure. Tire pressure also is spring rate. On our race cars 1 pound is like 20-25 pounds of spring rate. Hard to understand PD never realizing this. Every racing series I'm famailar with tire temp across across the tire in invaluable in car setup.

Well I guess the silver lining is that we will continue to see your great tunes for GT6! :cheers:
Of course i´ll still do GT6 tunes. I´m doing right now the BMW Z4M and i have around 4 cars ready for the next update. Driving sensations are a bit poor after playing AC but it´s still a good feeling.
Must ask...do you open A.C. Garage mr.P?
Not for the moment. There re just a few cars and only the race cars have a lot of parameters to set. It´s 10 times more complicated than GT6, every little change induce a reaction in the good way, i mean nothing backward or dead or too much.... A real driving simulator for sure.
But, i need to learn a lot , learning about the news tracks too, Magione is very good, the drag strips 400M and 1000M would let any GT6 drag fans very happy....
The game is not finished, it´s just a little part. In around 6 months we´ll have the Nordschleife.:cheers: Till there i´ll have to train a lot to be ready when the final game will be released.
At this moment yes, i´ll think about a AC garage.:D:D:D

Hey Mr. P, thanks for the new pack...
I have a question, in view of your past cars setup, do you think we now should change the camber angle for ZERO in the old settings as, AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA (AUDI SPORT TEAM PHOENIX) '12 & BMW Z4 GT3 '11 // 600PP // RACING TIRES like you did on MCLAREN F1 GTR KOKUSAI '95 and Stealth???

Thanks "professor"...

Hey Mr. P, thanks for the new pack...
I have a question, in view of your past cars setup, do you think we now should change the camber angle for ZERO in the old settings as, AUDI R8 LMS ULTRA (AUDI SPORT TEAM PHOENIX) '12 & BMW Z4 GT3 '11 // 600PP // RACING TIRES like you did on MCLAREN F1 GTR KOKUSAI '95 and Stealth???

Thanks "professor"...
Of course my friend, all the camber are back to 0 since a long time, it´s updated in the APP but not for the individual olders tune sheets. No time to change them one by one and there are not so much.
ALL CAMBER 0/0 👍;)

P the BMW Z4M is really nice. Been driving it all week. Beautiful cruiser.Have been on a bit of BMW tuning lately.

Last edited:
P a guy up in Canada at The Guild restored this car.A 1935 Aerolithe.About 100km from were I live.It was on tv very rare car.Body is made of Magnesium.Click on the pictures. Amazing restoration,some of the best craftsmen in the world work there.
The Bugatti Aerolithe re-creation
named 2013 Car of the Year at
The International Historic Motoring Awards

2013-winner-caroftheyear-the-guild-bradford-ontario.jpg
The awards celebrate the "best of the best" in the international historic motoring industry. This year there were six cars in the running and The Guild's Bugatti Aerolithe re-creation has been chosen as the winner in the Car of the Year category for the 2013 International Historic Motoring Awards

http://www.guildclassiccars.com/1935_Aerolithe_coupe_1109/Aerolithe.html

http://www.guildclassiccars.com/theguildyoutubevideos.html

Last edited:
Hi @Busbyboy, I think that the Compression/Extension problem you are talking about is only present in some of his earlier tuning sheets. This was the layout used in GT5 but for some reason PD decided to switch these round in the settings page in GT6. You should find that his newer tuning sheets will have these the same way round as they appear in the game. So as long as you put the compression figures shown in the compression section in the game, all will be well and you should have some great driving cars, just as Mr Praiano had intended.
Thanks for that.

Sorry for posting this here, Laurent, but I have a brief request for JogoAsobi: Please send me a message--apparently I'm not allowed to "start a conversation" with you.

Again, I apologize for this off topic post.

Back