PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,900 comments
Honestly, I don't have the time for all that. I don't have the patience or the need to build a whole near gearbox and start messing with all the other settings.

In GT Sport, I just used to adjust the final gear setting up or down depending on the top speed I need to reach on a track.

I was hoping there'd be a simple thing like this that I could do. Obviously I realise its not going to be as good as building a specific gearbox and setup for the track but I simply don't have the time or interest to delve into this level of detail.

Mazda Roadster Touring Car - 600PP - Racing soft tures - Tsukuba MISSION EVENT
This car lap 58:5xx regular with no traffic. Gas at 1 , 11laps / racing soft tires / full tank.

For the gearbox proceed this way:
Set top speed auto at 200kmh (minimum)
Set final gear at 4.821
Then set each 5 gears
Done.
View attachment 1135872View attachment 1135873

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
i can´t get the same PP as you got , and i not get the same values in the gearbox with urs , i put the same as u show and the values are different .

and it´s impossible doing the 1h endurance mission with Soft tires without going to the box :D

Honestly, I don't have the time for all that. I don't have the patience or the need to build a whole near gearbox and start messing with all the other settings.

In GT Sport, I just used to adjust the final gear setting up or down depending on the top speed I need to reach on a track.

I was hoping there'd be a simple thing like this that I could do. Obviously I realise its not going to be as good as building a specific gearbox and setup for the track but I simply don't have the time or interest to delve into this level of detail.
If you want to be as quick as you can tuning/testing is a must for 90% of cars. If you want a basic quick trans fix just use the "adjust automatically". If you don't want to tune susp just throw on a sport suspension and call it good.

Think you can also apply this simple approach in GT7 and get decent results.

But if you want to perhaps slowly develop gears for a specific track (maybe one that you continually go to in your rotation), then just create a dedicated sheet and start tinkering each time you practice/race...slowly, progressively. It could take weeks/months depending on how you play, but it can be hugely rewarding.

For example in GTS, I took every Gr3 car that I liked through the below process and the average result was a gain of nearly 2sec verses a general trans/LSD setup.

Step 1
Adjust the final gear to get you in the general range
Step 2
Look to optimize 1st and 6/7th for slowest corner and longest straight
Step 3
Look to optimize 2-5 gears for those particular slow/mid/fast corners
Step 4
Look to finesse the LSD when certain gears are good in terms of speed, but traction & rotation is not optimal
Step 5
Take your time, don't get frustrated...find the pace for tinkering that works for you and enjoy

That’s my favorite part .
Tinkering ,making a great driving car. Sadly It’s still a lot of trial and error.Mr P does good with his tunes.I still try to improve on his work 😀

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniv '88 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All Tracks 1.23
New 1.23 tune , competitive everywhere , from Nordschleife to Tokyo rain event , extremely fast , good overall grip and safe.
600PP is his best range.

Wide Body

Rims up to you
Rim Width Wide
Offset Wide

Front St Side St Wing A

l1.jpg
l2.jpg
l3.jpg
l4.jpg
l5.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Love this setup thanks mate 😎 proytge best I’ve driven a Nissan GTR. 🤘🏻
You should try the ’02 Nur by Priano. At 600pp it is so good for so many races. So good.
It's there today! :)

Your old setting also pretty good. I prefer to run low but I can understand it's faster with this "rally" ride height, lol.

I've been playing around with some of the cars you built as general, adapting them to Tokyo. Pantera also does pretty well. My fastest are your '92 Carrera RS and now the Countach. You need a specific type of car for fastest lap times there (light and powerful enough for at least 295 kph at end of main straight).
Good to hear the ’92 Carrera RS tune is successful. I love my 930 and 997s but have not tuned this yet. Will give it a go.

Mercedes AMG GT3 '16 - 730 PP - Racing hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox)
The car is almost perfect with originals settings. This is the one i'll select for the next manufacturer for sure. I've just added some of my touch to feel the car more safe , faster , around 8 kmh more end of straight at SPA and more precise adding some front downforce increasing front grip.
For the gearbox :
Set top speed autospeed minimum 200 kmh
Set final gear to the number writen on sheet
Set each gear tatios.

That tune is fantastic. All I did differently was use the stock turbo because I noticed the specs were faster than de-tuning it with a medium or high RPM turbo. I easily won the Daytona GR3 730 PP race. It’s fuel efficient too. Just put the fuel ratio on 2 abs drive it wide open. It doesn’t take much driving skill at all to win.

Hi I'm using your tune for doing some single player for awhile now and it was amazing I have some question though I'm using your Toyota Supra RZ '97 tune for WTC 600PP for some reason I miss about 50PP points when I adjusted to your tune and I notice I have less power stats than your tune did I do something wrong?

P.S. also I have request tuning for Nissan Silva Spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car I heard it's one if not the best Gr.4 car in the game with tune performance

Last edited:
Hi I'm using your tune for doing some single player for awhile now and it was amazing I have some question though I'm using your Toyota Supra RZ '97 tune for WTC 600PP for some reason I miss about 50PP points when I adjusted to your tune and I notice I have less power stats than your tune did I do something wrong?

P.S. also I have request tuning for Nissan Silva Spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car I heard it's one if not the best Gr.4 car in the game with tune performance
Missing something ,wrong tires , gearbox , .... I don't know.

I have to buy the Silva GR4 tomorrow.
I've tested the Suzuki swift GR4 , this car is horrible and totally broken. Full of bugs. It's a shame PD spend monthes modeling a car to put a horrible thing on it. I can't imagine how it's possible.

Countach tune question

With Sports soft and computer to 73 I get 571.50pp 380BHP

If I put computer to 90 I get 599.43pp 469BHP

I have double checked all other settings, and have gears adjusted per the post.

Weird. More power I guess....... (*Clarkson voice ringing in head)

Missing something ,wrong tires , gearbox , .... I don't know.

I have to buy the Silva GR4 tomorrow.
I've tested the Suzuki swift GR4 , this car is horrible and totally broken. Full of bugs. It's a shame PD spend monthes modeling a car to put a horrible thing on it. I can't imagine how it's possible.
I'll post the screenshot once I get to my home I also pretty dumbfounded as well although I notice that the PP points dropped massively after I reduce gearbox top speed to 200

Last edited:
Daytona 730 and 800

If anyone is still struggling to win these, the Renault R.S.01 GT3 is killing it for me. It’s glued to the road and fast! Just finished the 800 with more than a 30 second lead. Settings are below.

DISCLAIMER: I have no idea what I’m doing with the tuning, until we get the master tune from @praiano63, this is the best I could come up with!

800pp
View attachment 1130372View attachment 1130373View attachment 1130374

730pp
View attachment 1130378View attachment 1130379View attachment 1130380
Fantastic work. Thank you!

The more you give, the more they take.

I have no request.

Lurking for awhile, I created an account to say "Thank You" for making this game more enjoyable. And, I suggest GTPlanet/@snavEwerdnA do a story/profile on you and your efforts as a form of appreciation.
I agree, can you imagine the amount of time he spends on this game , apart from tuning , all the request and the replies and uploads, i certainly couldn't do it.

Thanks, thanks, thanks, Praiano!!! Thanks for your work, thanks for allowing us to enjoy this game much more!!!
I was doubting which car with invitation to buy. When you said that you bought the Ferrari fxx k, I'm sure 😉

180515a73b428-screenshotUrl.png
180515a97c427-screenshotUrl.png

Here the tuning as you can see the PP point is way off compare the one you posted and as I mentioned I notice the points drop drastically after I dropped gearbox to 200 I should note that I don't touch anything inside gearbox yet beside the top speed and stats like HP also a bit off as well

Last edited:
View attachment 1141102View attachment 1141103

Here the tuning as you can see the PP point is way off compare the one you posted and as I mentioned I notice the points drop drastically after I dropped gearbox to 200 I should note that I don't touch anything inside gearbox yet beside the top speed and stats like HP also a bit off as well
Ok , i see. The important are the each individual gear.I was building my Tamahawk yesterday and people are using an extreme setting to low the PP + 1000PP to 600PP.
For sure it's happening the same to you at a different level.
Check this very good @Mistah_MCA video .

Last edited:
I think the easiest/simplest way in sounds like the right approach. What would you consider to be a good mobile website? Just an example so I can benchmark the functionality and experience. I'm not sure if I understand the key differences between App/mobile site/website :)

Absolutely agree, low maintenance is key. Feel free to PM me so we are not distracting this thread (and that goes for anyone else that has experience here and want to help) :bowdown:
I'm not a software dev so I'm not the right person to get involved in building this. I also have no idea how the previous app worked. Was it like a ready reckoner sort of tool? Or what?

An App needs to be built for an operating system (like iOS or Android) and downloaded and installed from an App store. Won't run on a desktop PC or laptop. Need to build and maintain multiple native apps for different operating systems (iOs, Android would be the two main ones).
A mobile website is just a website that is well optimised for mobile devices. Can be accessed from laptops, desktops, iPhones, iPads, Android tablets etc. Most websites these days do a decent job of mobile optimisatioon. Think CNN, BBC, Guardian, this GTPLanet forum etc

Without knowing exactly what the previous app did, and what a GT7 would aim to do, its hard to know what the best approach would be, but generally a website is cheaper to build than an app

Last edited:
Ok , i see. The important are the each individual gear.I was building my Tamahawk yesterday and people are using an extreme setting to low the PP + 1000PP to 600PP.
For sure it's happening the same to you at a different level.
Check this very good @Mistah_MCA video .

Okay I fiddling the gearbox that I saw from the WTC600 guide on Nissan and you right it boost PP points considerbly but do you have Gearbox tun for Supra RZ? Cause it have 6th gear while Nissan only have 5th gear

Last edited:
Back