PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,914 comments
Like in the setting description "It's ok for Tokyo rain too , for this use Sport hard tires and increase limiter & ECU to reach the 600PP."
The lambo murcielago is a very good car at tokyo , would need more top speed , but it's the best car in the turns. If you don't want to lose control under brake , just full brake when straight , when you turn or change of direction , release a bit the pressure. If you slam the pedal at any critical moment , for sure problems can happen. If you use this behavior for your advantage , the car is a pleasure to pilot.
The last NSX '17 update is faster than GTR and GT33. FOr the hairpin , just need to not overdrive the car in the apex. Your wheel input need to be dosed.
GTR is fast but a few dead fish in my opinion. No almost reactions , after some races , it turn boring in my opinion.
As I said - in my opinion Lamborghini is the worst from those 3 and I was using hard tires and set more power as was in the description. I was braking in the straight and I wasn't slamming brake pedal. The best car for turns is R33 imo but it lacks speed in the straight(same with Lambo). I might try Lambo once more later again but I doubt that I will change my opinion.

NSX might be the fastest but not for me(I have to drive with TC 1 otherwise I have to be really careful). I have better times with GT-R 17'. For the long farming sessions GT-R 17' is the best because you don't have to fight with the car.

Last edited:
Mercedes Sauber C9 '89 - 900PP - Racing Medium Tires - SPA Circuit
Adapted from the 800PP tune , taylored for SPA and more power. Gearbox also for a better retake out the hairpin and others slow chicane , avoiding wheel spin and rear tires waste.
Extremely stable , grippy and fast Perfect to race with Mazda 787 or Porsche 962. They are all in the same 0.500 at SPA.

m1.jpg
m2.jpg

Gearbox
Top speed 370
Final gear at 3.769
Set each gear.

m3.jpg
m4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
I’ve been doing Tokyo rain mining credits. Now that I can’t use the tomahawk, I had to learn how to actually win it. I finally figured out that I was turning too sharp and making it understeer. Once I figured that out, the GT-R tunes are way better for me. Lol.

Anyway, for anyone who might still be struggling with that race, @praiano63 genesis Gr4 tune does great in that race. All I did was take out as much downforce as possible and put sport hard tires on it and lower the natural frequency F/R .20 to compensate for the sports tires and it handles like a dream and has plenty of power to win.

I’m about to start playing with other AWD Gr4 cars to see how they do. His genesis Gr4 tune is great so we shall see.

Last edited:
Any suggestions for the new gr.1 race at suzuka?
I know the C9 Sauber(don't have)....any other options? Trying to save my credits for F40....if it's ever going to show back up in legendary shop!!!((

I know the C9 Sauber(don't have)....any other options? Trying to save my credits for F40....if it's ever going to show back up in legendary shop!!!((
I have won this one with the Porsche 919,racing hard,fuel on 5 and no pit stop.
But i must admit,it was very close.

C9 is not good at all at 950PP , only 900PP and under in my opinion. I'm on the dodge right now , doable with racing medium , 1 stop but it will be close . Till now i've finished only 1 race at position 2 ( because i stop every time to do settings) after McLaren that seems a very good car there.
The Peugeot seems to win easy after a quick test .
I was able to win with the Super Fomula car
Good idea.
No Pitstops? I thought it is a rain race?
Tried only first lap twice, then quit for sleeping……
Rain about 70% of the time almost dry .
I have won this one with the Porsche 919,racing hard,fuel on 5 and no pit stop.
But i must admit,it was very close.
What lap time with racing hard gas 5 ?? You need to lap 1:46 i think to win no stop.
Setting the race on Hard ??

What lap time with racing hard gas 5 ?? You need to lap 1:46 i think to win no stop.
Setting the race on Hard ??
On new Suzuka Gr.1 event you typically need to run sub 18 minutes total race time to beat the AI when using the hard difficulty AI setting. That's assuming dry conditions for entire race...top AI average time in my few runs was 17:55. With no pits that 1:46 lap time should be a fairly comfortable win (~17:40), but if you add in a couple seconds on a hand full of laps to deal with lapped traffic it gets closer but should still work. I won by 4 seconds with one pit stop using medium tires running 1:43s on laps with clean track... a few laps of 1:45-1:46 when dealing with traffic in bad spots.

Add about 30 seconds to fastest AI on normal difficulty so a lot easier.

The AI also have a tendency to crash in this race randomly... so you have a chance to win with slower time if fastest AI bins it. There are AI on soft, medium and hard tires so they're all over the place in terms of strategy.

Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT GR1 - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - Suzuka
For Suzuka 10 laps café race , One stop lap 5 , Full gas always. Not easy win but it's doable against McLaren no stop.

d1.jpg
d2.jpg

Gearbox
Top speed 350
Final gear at 4.319
Set each gear.

d3.jpg
d4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Mercedes Sauber C9 '89 - 900PP - Racing Medium Tires - SPA Circuit
Adapted from the 800PP tune , taylored for SPA and more power. Gearbox also for a better retake out the hairpin and others slow chicane , avoiding wheel spin and rear tires waste.
Extremely stable , grippy and fast Perfect to race with Mazda 787 or Porsche 962. They are all in the same 0.500 at SPA.

View attachment 1155699View attachment 1155700

Gearbox
Top speed 370
Final gear at 3.769
Set each gear.

View attachment 1155701View attachment 1155702

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Nice. I will try it tomorrow in 1 hour spa race.

I am a bit tired with Tokyo. I need to check tunes for Le Mans 30 minutes, Spa 1 hour and Sardegna to save my sanity and mix it up a bit.

Peugeot 908 HDI FPA '10 - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - Suzuka
Phénoménal car , fantastic combination of grip and speed. I've found several combination for this car but when you reach performance , it turn also a difficult car to manage talking about of this 908. I did my best to stay with both , high performance and easy handling. It's better to drive it 90% for the race , it's still very very fast and you will save some rear tires that have to be managed to stay ok for 5 laps before pit for gas. Also short shift the 3 first gears help a lot.

p1.jpg
p2.jpg

Gearbox
Top speed 350
Final gear at 2.611
Set each gear.

p3.jpg
p4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT GR1 - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - Suzuka
For Suzuka 10 laps café race , One stop lap 5 , Full gas always. Not easy win but it's doable against McLaren no stop.
Challenge Accepted! Won on first try with difficult setting. Very nice tune. Thank you.

Tomahawk has just about same pace as the Mazda VGT Gr.1, maybe faster as I don't have as many laps on this Tomahawk. As compared to the Mazda, you have to be slightly more careful on exit (from hairpin) with throttle, but not much... The car works really well around Suzuka at all the trouble spots and gearing is very nicely customized. Spoon curve is really nice whereas it was tricky with the Mazda. Casio Triangle is not quite as forgiving if you hit the bump on entry. S-curves work well in a combination of 4th and 3rd gear. I definitely need to work on turn 9... I don't have that one nailed in these Gr.1 cars.

Most of my race was dry. A sprinkle mid race that didn't leave much water on track and then a downpour started on final lap as I came through Casio Triangle to the finish... just in time. lol.

Mid race lap times weren't fantastic because I hit traffic at all the wrong places before and after pit stop. Definitely more time to be had with this car/tune.

PS> Now we need a real group 1 car that can win this in difficult setting... not a VGT.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220530165021.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220530165105.jpg

Challenge Accepted! Won on first try with difficult setting. Very nice tune. Thank you.

Tomahawk has just about same pace as the Mazda VGT Gr.1, maybe faster as I don't have as many laps on this Tomahawk. As compared to the Mazda, you have to be slightly more careful on exit (from hairpin) with throttle, but not much... The car works really well around Suzuka at all the trouble spots and gearing is very nicely customized. Spoon curve is really nice whereas it was tricky with the Mazda. Casio Triangle is not quite as forgiving if you hit the bump on entry. S-curves work well in a combination of 4th and 3rd gear. I definitely need to work on turn 9... I don't have that one nailed in these Gr.1 cars.

Most of my race was dry. A sprinkle mid race that didn't leave much water on track and then a downpour started on final lap as I came through Casio Triangle to the finish... just in time. lol.

Mid race lap times weren't fantastic because I hit traffic at all the wrong places before and after pit stop. Definitely more time to be had with this car/tune.

PS> Now we need a real group 1 car that can win this in difficult setting... not a VGT.

View attachment 1155861

View attachment 1155863
Test the Peugeot , it's a really very fast car. Faster than Dodge . A few more technical but it's ok in my opinion.... Nice time.

Last edited:
Peugeot 908 HDI FPA '10 - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - Suzuka
Phénoménal car , fantastic combination of grip and speed. I've found several combination for this car but when you reach performance , it turn also a difficult car to manage talking about of this 908. I did my best to stay with both , high performance and easy handling. It's better to drive it 90% for the race , it's still very very fast and you will save some rear tires that have to be managed to stay ok for 5 laps before pit for gas. Also short shift the 3 first gears help a lot.

View attachment 1155864View attachment 1155865

Gearbox
Top speed 350
Final gear at 2.611
Set each gear.

View attachment 1155866View attachment 1155867

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Thanks for the tune, will try it out right away.

To get the same gear ratios I had to start at 330 kmh though, not sure if it's a typo on your part or just again some GT7 setup weirdness. Also have 0.08pp less than you, all the other values are the same though, double checked everything.

Thanks for the tune, will try it out right away.

To get the same gear ratios I had to start at 330 kmh though, not sure if it's a typo on your part or just again some GT7 setup weirdness. Also have 0.08pp less than you, all the other values are the same though, double checked everything.
It's 350 kmh like you can see here. Less 0,08pp can be your oil ?? My car is brand new.

p3.jpg

Hi Praiano
Ford GT 66 is on Legend, would really appreciate a set up for Le Mans if you can, have bought it and I saw the win in 1967 when the wrong man won from New Zealand! Cheers
Only saw it on TV 📺🍻

Last edited:
Test the Peugeot , it's a really very fast car. Faster than Dodge . A few more technical but it's ok in my opinion.... Nice time.
Agree it's fast. I have to figure out how to manage tires better... having a hard time getting 5 laps out of the mediums. Car drives great for 3.5 laps. Definitely takes more finesse... I've driven a few VGT cars lately in this Gr.1 events and using them develops bad habits so will take a few runs in a car with realist grip and wear to optimize.

Hi Praiano
Ford GT 66 is on Legend, would really appreciate a set up for Le Mans if you can, have bought it and I saw the win in 1967 when the wrong man won from New Zealand! Cheers
Only saw it on TV 📺🍻
6.250.000 is too much credits for me. I can buy 4 or 5 super cars with this. Only when i'll not have any other wishes.... Not yet.

It's 350 kmh like you can see here. Less 0,08pp can be your oil ?? My car is brand new.

View attachment 1155876
Yes, I saw it in your tune.
My car is brand new as well, have everything exactly the same but get different pp and need to setup the gearbox differently.

I might also add that the Peugeot doesn't seem like a good choice for the Suzuka race, I had 5 tries so far and it rained every time and you can absolutely not keep up with the AI in rain in that car.
I am generally doing 1:40-1:41 on fresh tyres while saving fuel and tyres but it seems impossible to win that race with those laptimes, they also completely drop off a cliff during round 4, making the car almost undriveable.

Last edited:
I like the car since olders GT , sure i'll do something with it. But i don't have the car, i will have to wait for it in the used market cars .
Legendary Market, I just bought for 500,000ish. I use it on 700 Spa and finish 1 to 1-1/2 lap ahead of 2nd.

Last edited:
Ferrari 458 Italia GR4 - BOP Setting - Racing tires - SPA

BOP settings will be my principals settings for race cars right now. This car can work anywhere , just set a new gearbox for any circuit.

View attachment 1125069View attachment 1125070View attachment 1125071

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hi,
I really like this car but somehow I can't really handle it well. Tried it now twice within a Gr.4 Lobby. In Suzuka yesterday.
I would understand it with BOP and no tuning but when tuning is allowed this car is not really competitive, at least in my hands...
Especially under braking it is quite a handful, trail braking must be avoided or done super cautious to not loose the rear.
Maybe you could have another look on it?
It would be great to have this car on a competitive level, love the sound, love the look, love....etc. :-)

If it is all OK from your side, then also good. Then I need to adapt my driving.

Back