PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,887 comments
Hi Praiano, it's been several years since I course your settings also had the opportunity to share with you several years ago and it's always a pleasure to use!
I allow myself to write to you because I made a discovery thanks to your previous work.
I used the super formula honda for the gr1 race on St Croix using your settings on gt sport and apart from a few slight changes to ride height, suspension frequency and aero I got a great setup! The car is overtaken on the straights but enters the corners much faster than the competitors, making it possible to get the win quite easily on the hard racing tyres.
If you wish, I will post the settings obtained, only one stop is necessary at the end of the 4th lap.
Sorry if my English is not very fair because I use Google translation to communicate with you if I don't do it in French 😉

Hi Praiano,

I am sorry but I need your help again. I have really tried ALL your Gr.4 tunes for beating Brands Hatch GT Cup. Best rank was 3rd.
Any suggestions?
I love Brands Hatch , i'll check a safe fast car there. The best setting is practice first , then some numbers. ;) Soon.
Hi Praiano, it's been several years since I course your settings also had the opportunity to share with you several years ago and it's always a pleasure to use!
I allow myself to write to you because I made a discovery thanks to your previous work.
I used the super formula honda for the gr1 race on St Croix using your settings on gt sport and apart from a few slight changes to ride height, suspension frequency and aero I got a great setup! The car is overtaken on the straights but enters the corners much faster than the competitors, making it possible to get the win quite easily on the hard racing tyres.
If you wish, I will post the settings obtained, only one stop is necessary at the end of the 4th lap.
Sorry if my English is not very fair because I use Google translation to communicate with you if I don't do it in French 😉
Hello.
Good for you if the super formula works but it' s just a lucky coincidence. GTsport settings don't have a lot of things with GT7.
Feel free if you want to post your car here in my garage. It'll be a pleasure.
"Je peux écrire et lire en français aussi" , but only by private messages. Only english here in GTPlanet.

Hi Praiano,

I am sorry but I need your help again. I have really tried ALL your Gr.4 tunes for beating Brands Hatch GT Cup. Best rank was 3rd.
Any suggestions?
Alfa 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 - 630PP - Racing Hard Tires - All around.
Don't way for a transcendant setting. The original is already close to perfect. I've try during 2 days to let more grippy and faster . But , i just reach only one of my goal. At least the grip stay and the car is faster now.
I use the original very good gearbox .

View attachment 1149641View attachment 1149642

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
View attachment 1149643View attachment 1149644
This car and setup worked very good for me on Brands Hatch, it's very fast! Just brake before turning

Yes, I saw it in your tune.
My car is brand new as well, have everything exactly the same but get different pp and need to setup the gearbox differently.

I might also add that the Peugeot doesn't seem like a good choice for the Suzuka race, I had 5 tries so far and it rained every time and you can absolutely not keep up with the AI in rain in that car.
I am generally doing 1:40-1:41 on fresh tyres while saving fuel and tyres but it seems impossible to win that race with those laptimes, they also completely drop off a cliff during round 4, making the car almost undriveable.
I have made several attempts and have to agree with your assessment on the Peugeot. It will take something special to save tires for 5 full laps in the dry and keep enough pace to win with difficult setting. Managed a third place at best in dry and tires had nothing left at end of each stint so lucky to even finish. Also tried hard tires but not fuel efficient enough to make 10 laps with enough pace either.

Tune is good and raw pace is there, but car isn’t better than 3rd in my hands for the race.

Let’s see if someone can bring that ship home in under 18 minutes for the win.

I have made several attempts and have to agree with your assessment on the Peugeot. It will take something special to save tires for 5 full laps in the dry and keep enough pace to win with difficult setting. Managed a third place at best in dry and tires had nothing left at end of each stint so lucky to even finish. Also tried hard tires but not fuel efficient enough to make 10 laps with enough pace either.

Tune is good and raw pace is there, but car isn’t better than 3rd in my hands for the race.

Let’s see if someone can bring that ship home in under 18 minutes for the win.
This is a real problem for PD but they seems to care about. Brake balance is not working and impossible so save rear tires because of this. FIA already is prejudiced , almost nobody of the top 100 position at manufacturer use MR ....
People already chose their cars and FIA finals will be raced with those 99% FR cars. It's a shame for people that spend so much time , years after years building GT7 to do this mess. It's a real suicide for PD and Mr Kaz.

Hi Praiano,

Any suggestions?
If I remember correctly, the Suzuki Swift (use Praiano's tune of course) can do Brands Hatch without a pit stop. That's a decent advantage over the AI cars.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Suzuki Swift (use Praiano's tune of course) can do Brands Hatch without a pit stop. That's a decent advantage over the AI cars.
I don't have any Suzuki Swift in my garage. Personally i don't like this car . Alfa , ferrari 458... NSX , Toyota Supra.... would be my choice.

I don't have any Suzuki Swift in my garage. Personally i don't like this car . Alfa , ferrari 458... NSX , Toyota Supra.... would be my choice.
Oh sorry, I didn't check your list of tunes. I probably did a basic tune on it myself.

This car and setup worked very good for me on Brands Hatch, it's very fast! Just brake before turning
I used Praianos Group 4 race car tune, took 5 attempts the AI are very hard in the last two laps tapping you, I was 0.178 secs ahead onto the line, don't daspair👍

"And relax", Finally found a car that can do Sardegna 800pp WTC800 Money Grind under 25mins! Havent got the funds spare for Mega Mazda LM55 [too Many other legend cars On my list Plus I've got enough Gr.1 & VGT overspends this week].

So I thought I would try the Already purchased Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21 One more time Using the youtube Settings from Skull Buster [awaiting Praiano63 tune] and low and behold I managed best lap 1:36:67 & 24:58 Total on hard settings, 1 pit stop, RH tyres, Power 1 After the day of getting used to it Handling!

I'm sure I can find A few tenths And others will beat that But that will do me And I can now relax in the mid 25:xx Doing the credit grind:

One practise lap While I wasn't really pushing And I was bored I pressed the don't refuel in pit on lap 8 or 9 With only .02 Of a lap remaining I had to Short shift in coast round an extra lap After leaving That Wasted pit Stop But this car is so efficient It did it No problem, LOL!

Attachments

• SHARE_20220531_0506310.jpeg
    SHARE_20220531_0506310.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 33
  • SHARE_20220531_0513210.jpeg
    SHARE_20220531_0513210.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Mazda Roadster Touring Car - 600PP - Racing soft tures - Tsukuba MISSION EVENT
This car lap 58:5xx regular with no traffic. Gas at 1 , 11laps / racing soft tires / full tank.

For the gearbox proceed this way:
Set top speed auto at 200kmh (minimum)
Set final gear at 4.821
Then set each 5 gears
Done.
View attachment 1135872View attachment 1135873

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Seems that last update gearbox PP system has messed up this great setup and stays at 612PP.
Will it be too much impact on performance lowering the power restrictor? Or do you consider another approach?

Best regards!

Last edited:
"And relax", Finally found a car that can do Sardegna 800pp WTC800 Money Grind under 25mins! Havent got the funds spare for Mega Mazda LM55 [too Many other legend cars On my list Plus I've got enough Gr.1 & VGT overspends this week].

LM55 was 3-4 seconds per lap slower than Toyota for me
I know it doesn't mean anything since i'm not very fast driver, but still

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Track - UPDATE 31/05/22
Wide Car
Rims 15"
Rims With Wide - Offset Wide
Front B - Rear A - Wing custom

7:30 on Nordschleife , top time able to race any 600PP road car anywhere.

z1.jpg
z2.jpg

Gearbox for Nordschleife
Final gear 5.500
Top speed 180kmh
Final gear again at 2.800
Set each gear.
1st 2.376
2d 1.840
3d 1.480
4th 1.240
5th 1.070

z4.jpg
z.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Attachments

• z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
LM55 was 3-4 seconds per lap slower than Toyota for me
I know it doesn't mean anything since i'm not very fast driver, but still
The Guy who posted the YT Sardegna 800pp WTC800 Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21 Mining guide Setup I used, Skull Buster, also then rated the top five for Sardegna cars but the Toyoto didn't figure, strange!
He did rate the Mazda LM55 first 1:37:27, Nissan GT-R NISMO GT 500 '16 second 1:37:34, Mazda 787B '91 third 1:38:02, Peugeot L750R forth 1:38:62, Hyundai N 2025 VGT Gr.1 fifth 1:38:91.

I only used his Toyota guide Because I knew that praiano63 Was extremely busy and was Curious About this non Tomahawk Grind methods Viability With funds running low And the Expensive legend cars Spawning Like crazy this week I'm eating Into my reserve for My God tier AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98 Which I missed 1st Time. Released.
As I said in In the previous post I had to get used to this guys style of setup And I guess Like you said Results may vary But I found the 3rd Mazda And fourth Peugeot To be slower than the Toyota Which I pushed to 1:36:47 [see below] On a subsequent run After the one I posted above at 1:36:67.
Guess I like this Toyota Hybrid Especially with the predictable liftoff Engine torque oversteer Which suits my style But the brake balance has to be right to Compensate, It was the same with His tomahawk. Tokyo Expressway Credit grind build.
SHARE_20220531_1019240.jpeg

Last edited:
Guess I like this Toyota Hybrid Especially with the predictable liftoff Engine torque oversteer Which suits my style But the brake balance has to be right to Compensate
I'm not sure what it is about that build for the Toyota, but for some reason it feels slow and weird driving it while I end up with similar lap times with what you have in your screenshot and I get 4+ seconds per lap worse in every other car I've used for that race even though most feel much faster through the corners.

I'm not sure what it is about that build for the Toyota, but for some reason it feels slow and weird driving it while I end up with similar lap times with what you have in your screenshot and I get 4+ seconds per lap worse in every other car I've used for that race even though most feel much faster through the corners.
I think I know what you mean With it being a hybrid it's a heavy car and not as skittish But deceptively Faster in the middle and upper power range But the other cars are Quicker In the bottom range Straight after the Corners As far as I can tell With the ones I have driven in comparison.

With GR010 HYBRID '21 i've managed to finish with 24:54.575 being REALY unconsistent
Best lap was 1:35:156, but some laps was horrible, like around 1:40 or so

This is a real problem for PD but they seems to care about. Brake balance is not working and impossible so save rear tires because of this. FIA already is prejudiced , almost nobody of the top 100 position at manufacturer use MR ....
People already chose their cars and FIA finals will be raced with those 99% FR cars. It's a shame for people that spend so much time , years after years building GT7 to do this mess. It's a real suicide for PD and Mr Kaz.
I did a bit more testing of the two Gr.1 cars you tuned for Suzuka (Peugeot vs Tomahawk VGT) in time trial mode without tire wear and the Peugeot is quite a bit faster. 1:41.1 vs 1:42.7 best laps (1:40.9 vs 1:42.4 best sectors) so a good second and a half separates them. The Peugeot is harder to drive (more throttle control required) so if tire wear was the same it would be an interesting comparison over 10 laps especially with traffic to navigate. Too bad the Peugeot consumes rubber. In rain there is no comparison like someone else said... the Peugeot is too slippery for wet conditions, but the event is dry often enough it would be a good race most of the time. Driving the VGT isn't that satisfying to be honest, the Peugeot feels stiffer and more like you are riding a monster like it's supposed to.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220531174326.jpg

The Guy who posted the YT Sardegna 800pp WTC800 Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21 Mining guide Setup I used, Skull Buster, also then rated the top five for Sardegna cars but the Toyoto didn't figure, strange!
He did rate the Mazda LM55 first 1:37:27, Nissan GT-R NISMO GT 500 '16 second 1:37:34, Mazda 787B '91 third 1:38:02, Peugeot L750R forth 1:38:62, Hyundai N 2025 VGT Gr.1 fifth 1:38:91.

I only used his Toyota guide Because I knew that praiano63 Was extremely busy and was Curious About this non Tomahawk Grind methods Viability With funds running low And the Expensive legend cars Spawning Like crazy this week I'm eating Into my reserve for My God tier AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98 Which I missed 1st Time. Released.
As I said in In the previous post I had to get used to this guys style of setup And I guess Like you said Results may vary But I found the 3rd Mazda And fourth Peugeot To be slower than the Toyota Which I pushed to 1:36:47 [see below] On a subsequent run After the one I posted above at 1:36:67.
Guess I like this Toyota Hybrid Especially with the predictable liftoff Engine torque oversteer Which suits my style But the brake balance has to be right to Compensate, It was the same with His tomahawk. Tokyo Expressway Credit grind build.View attachment 1156127

I've tested the Mazda 800PP Sardegna. I never go down to 1:38.5 . Need to explore some settings options yet. In my hands the Peugeot is almost half seconds fastet in the low 1:38.1xx

I did a bit more testing of the two Gr.1 cars you tuned for Suzuka (Peugeot vs Tomahawk VGT) in time trial mode without tire wear and the Peugeot is quite a bit faster. 1:41.1 vs 1:42.7 best laps (1:40.9 vs 1:42.4 best sectors) so a good second and a half separates them. The Peugeot is harder to drive (more throttle control required) so if tire wear was the same it would be an interesting comparison over 10 laps especially with traffic to navigate. Too bad the Peugeot consumes rubber. In rain there is no comparison like someone else said... the Peugeot is too slippery for wet conditions, but the event is dry often enough it would be a good race most of the time. Driving the VGT isn't that satisfying to be honest, the Peugeot feels stiffer and more like you are riding a monster like it's supposed to.

View attachment 1156147
I'm going to buy the Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) 2011 , a few less torque than 908 , i love this car in GTSport.

PS kgfm kg kg/ps
908 Peugeot 603 - 104.0 930 1.542
R18 '11 Audi 584 - 99.1 900 1.541

Last edited:
Guys, there's no way LM55 faster than GR010 '21
GR010 can go mid 24m even in my hands if i'd be more consistent
LePxRjp.jpg

Last edited:
The 787b can go a 24:20 even in my hands and @Mr_EG6 managed a 23:57 on Sardegna.
For Sardegna ignore everything about cornering. It’s all about acceleration and topspeed. Therefore I made a radical setting. It’s not smooth and stable like praianos settings, but if u figure out, how it works u can drive 1:32-33 laptimes. No other GR. 1 or 2 Car I tried comes near to it.

Back