[PRC] GT4 Parity Cup • DiscontinuedFinished 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 126 comments
Round 1 Results

GT4ParityCup-R1.png

Thank you guys for participating in this first round of the GT4 Parity Cup! :)👍

We had some good lap times in the qualifiers, with @hobbsy getting the pole position, and some other getting a few penalties for fast laps. A penalty during qualifiers counts as if it had occurred in Race 1.

Race 1 was perfect regarding penalties, this is the first time it happens in this club! :)

Race 2 was more difficult for @hobbsy and I, with 8 penalty laps each, making both of us lose some positions with no surprise. In the table, the PL number is multiplied by the cumulated Penalty, and added to the total time. Thus you can see the difference between your time with and without penalties.
Also, special mention to @jake2013guy for his 1'29.001 lap! ;)

I really enjoyed this format, with a short sprint race where you have to risk everything, and a longer race where consistency and strategy are keys. Obviously, I still have to work this consistency thing before next race! :P

Anyway, the overall ranking is up to date. Congrats to our winner @jake2013guy who is off to a good start in this series!

It's surprising how much quicker I had become by the end of the night, still learning the car and should have gone with Hards in race 2.
Still lesson learned. ;)

So Red Bull ring up next... full circuit I presume!

7 point lead already. If I was 8 thousandths slower in qualifying, I would have 22/23 points. So disappointed. haha

Sorry guys, I really have nothing against Red Bull Ring, but...

RedBullRing.png

You know what it means: Rain race... Again! Is it always raining like that in Austria or what? ;)

Ok... what's that mean for a cap time if the forecast were to change?

As soon as I officially announce the weather settings, they will be fixed even if the forecast changes so you'll be able to practice with the definitive race settings. Also, the weather is fixed during the race itself, so there is no chance that the surface wet changes during the race.

Race Weekend #2

Hey folks, this is the official announcement for Round 2, on Friday 31st (next week) at the Red Bull Ring of Spielberg!

Red_Bull_Ring_large.jpg

As expected, this will be a rainy day so the track will be 20% wet. Maybe not enough for Intermediate Tyres, but perfect for RS as they won't wear as fast as on a dry track, but try for yourself ;)

The capped time will be 1'35.000. Remember to practice with low fuel (see what I mean @hobbsy? :D).

As you can see, there's 60% chance of precipitation. Don't worry, rain or not the surface wet is fixed in the settings so it will be 20% and never change.

Forecast-Spielberg.png
I've just had a try, it was a lot of fun! Enough grip to unleash the power, but just wet enough to get scared from time to time! See you on track! :gtpflag:

I did a bit earlier, ran a 34.6 something after a few laps on RS tires. Only problem I ran into is the RS' being incredibly dull, any time the beemer decided to come alive I could slam the throttle and be fine. It may be because I use a controller but I didn't notice much difference with a 20% wet surface.

I ran 34.6 too. I found a slight difference on corner exit, particularly on the kerbs, and my braking points are slightly earlier. But yes, you can still slam the throttle most of the time. Maybe the Lotus will be more difficult to handle tho?

Ill be trying out tonight, so will let you know. I will host a room in the lobby, so anyone who wants to drop in feel free.
Probably be around 8:30pm BST

Edit: ok, been there, done that ^ broke the cap!
The lotus loves it round the ring... or at least when it's all alone! It was quite easy to break the 35 second cap, so now it's a matter of trying to manage that power to come under again. There are maybe two corners that would be better with some suspension tweaks, but all is good with last circuit tune.

Would say that RS's are far better than the inters, so I for one would recommend them. This circuit would traditionally be a horsepower battle, but I think that the wet surface it will help balance that, along with good brake management ;)
Those running ABS on 0 will have to be very aware of those that do not, as I'm sure the difference between the two will be ever more prominent here in these conditions.

Just need a good few practice sessions, and this should be a good battle with the beastly Astons!

@Tijee would be interesting to know what BHP your running, and if you have any grip/wheelspin issues?

Last edited:
@Tijee would be interesting to know what BHP your running, and if you have any grip/wheelspin issues?

500bhp, my only grip issues are on turn 2 exit (the slowest turn, after the long uphill straight).

@jake2013guy did you have time to practice more? Are you still struggling with 1'35? Anyone else?

Went straight into the 35s on my first flying lap with 400hp -- I'll have no problem hitting the cap with a little practice.

Almost no grip issues apart from under braking.

On another topic, I'm hoping for a zero-tolerance policy on track boundaries. Seeing people running wide fills me with fury on this circuit.

500bhp, my only grip issues are on turn 2 exit (the slowest turn, after the long uphill straight).

@jake2013guy did you have time to practice more? Are you still struggling with 1'35? Anyone else?
I'll have a try again.

EDIT:
I seemed to uninstall all of the parts and then did a 33.6 for the first lap.

Last edited:
I've read again your replies guys, seems that 1'35 is a little too easy? What if we set 1'34? I don't want to make it too difficult tho, so if it's not OK for anyone please tell me!

Shouldn't be a problem, I'm not at maximum power on the Toyota so I should be able to squeeze out another second. Either way is fine.

If I can get 1'34 I highly doubt that I'll be able to get it consistently, I'll do some testing to confirm though.

Back