[PRC] GT4 Parity Cup • DiscontinuedFinished 

• Thread starter Tijee
  • 126 comments
Round 2 Reminder

@jake2013guy @aruizb @Ray P 89 @Cu3e @amarynceos @Drex124 @Red_Bull_Pro @hobbsy

GT4-crash.jpg

Whoops...

Hi there, Round 2 of the GT4 Parity Cup will take place tonight!

The room will open around 21:45 GMT for the warm-up. The 5 minutes qualifying session will start at 22:00, followed by two races of 10 and 30 minutes. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you need to adjust your setup. Don't be late, we'll start on time (if ever you are late, you can still join the second race)!
  • Track: Red Bull Ring
  • Capped time: 1'35.000
  • Max. 500bhp
  • Min. 1000kg
  • Race or Rain tires (tyre wear will be very fast / fast)
  • All available aero parts required
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed
  • Do not cut corners and avoid contact
See you on track! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Hi guys, a few things have come up these last two weeks with work and I doubt I gonna be around much in the coming months, or have the time to commit to anything :(

Therefore I'm gonna make my apologies and retire the number #79 car from the championship.

Thanks to @Tijee for all the hard work he has put in, I hope the club continues to grow and you all have some exciting racing with great battles. I'll look in from time to time, and hope that you guys put up some pics or vids ;)

It almost feels like goodbye, but I'm sure I'll be back for the odd practice... I hope so at least, as I'm not done with GT6 just yet!

Enjoy, thanks for the battles and hope to see you on track again.

Laters all, #79 out

I need to be better prepared next outing, my lack of consistency was really disappointing. Still, enjoyable races, folks. 👍

Also, sad to see the #97 oops #79 pull out, I was looking forward to continuing our duel from last season hobbsy! Look forward to when you can join in again. Cheers mate!

Last edited:
Round 2 Results

GT4ParityCup-R2-fixed.png

We were only 4 drivers (actually 3, as @aruizb could only join race 2 but then had an unexpected issue), with only a few penalties so the results have been easy to calculate :)

Race 1 was close, as we can expect from a sprint race. Race 2 was interesting at first, but @aruizb had an issue, and I ruined my race due to a too fast pit entrance (or was it because I crossed the line?): I only made a pit-through and I had to pit again at the next lap :grumpy:

Anyway, it was fun but we all felt a bit lonely on the track. 3 cars is definitely not enough to make things interesting, even in Parity Racing. If you know guys who know friends who know dudes who could possibly be interested, please tell them about this club! We need more regular drivers! :)

Thank you guys. No race next week, the next round will be on August 14th at Spa!

Laters

EDIT: speaking about attendance, I totally forgot to congratulate our winner, @jake2013guy (again ;)) with a grand slam victory: pole, 2 wins and 2 fastest laps! 👍

Last edited:
Round 2 Results

GT4ParityCup-R2.png

We were only 4 drivers (actually 3, as @aruizb could only join race 2 but then had an unexpected issue), with only a few penalties so the results have been easy to calculate :)

Race 1 was close, as we can expect from a sprint race. Race 2 was interesting at first, but @aruizb had an issue, and I ruined my race due to a too fast pit entrance (or was it because I crossed the line?): I only made a pit-through and I had to pit again at the next lap :grumpy:

Anyway, it was fun but we all felt a bit lonely on the track. 3 cars is definitely not enough to make things interesting, even in Parity Racing. If you know guys who know friends who know dudes who could possibly be interested, please tell them about this club! We need more regular drivers! :)

Thank you guys. No race next week, the next round will be on August 14th at Spa!

Laters

EDIT: speaking about attendance, I totally forgot to congratulate our winner, @jake2013guy (again ;)) with a grand slam victory: pole, 2 wins and 2 fastest laps! 👍
I don't remember doing a 1:34.

FYI, this is the live stream of DTM Free Practice 2 Race 1 @ Red Bull Ring

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, why are the races 2 weeks apart?
Could we have both the PTCC and the GT4 Parity Cup running on alternating weeks? I would be happy to organise it.

Out of curiosity, why are the races 2 weeks apart?
Could we have both the PTCC and the GT4 Parity Cup running on alternating weeks? I would be happy to organise it.

We run only one series at a time, PTCC is already finished. Racing every 2 weeks lets more time to the players for practice, as we must comply with a given lap time. Racing every week seemed too short, as I don't always have time myself to practice in order to give you guys the definitive capped time (sometimes it was announced the Thursday for the Friday).

We run only one series at a time, PTCC is already finished. Racing every 2 weeks lets more time to the players for practice, as we must comply with a given lap time. Racing every week seemed too short, as I don't always have time myself to practice in order to give you guys the definitive capped time (sometimes it was announced the Thursday for the Friday).
Fair enough.

Race Weekend #3

Hello guys, this is the official announcement for Round 3, on Friday 14th at Spa Francorchamps!

Spa-Francorchamps_Belgium_large.jpg
Once again, it will be a rainy day, especially in the morning. The rain will most likely stop by the afternoon but the track will still be 40% wet for the race. Intermediate tyres seem appropriate!

The capped time will be 2'32.000 if it's OK for everybody. Remember to practice with low fuel.

Forecast-Spa.png

Laters!

Hi everyone ! Could I join the race ?

Sure, welcome aboard! :)👍

You'll need to pick a car and a number. Also, please read the first post and feel free to ask if you have any question. The next round is this Friday at 22:00 GMT. It will be at Spa, 40% wet fixed, capped time 2'32.

See you on track! :cheers:

Sure, welcome aboard! :)👍

You'll need to pick a car and a number. Also, please read the first post and feel free to ask if you have any question. The next round is this Friday at 22:00 GMT. It will be at Spa, 40% wet fixed, capped time 2'32.

See you on track! :cheers:
Well, it means 12pm for me (GMT+2) so it's gonna ne difficult..

Round 3 Reminder

20150621-Ekris1.jpg

First corner... Brace yourself!

Gentlemen, Round 3 of the GT4 Parity Cup will take place tonight!

The room will open around 21:45 GMT for the warm-up. The 5 minutes qualifying session will start at 22:00, followed by two races of 10 and 30 minutes. You will have a few minutes between the two races in case you need to adjust your setup. Don't be late, we'll start on time (if ever you are late, you can still join the second race)!
  • Track: Spa Francorchamps
  • Surface wet: 40% fixed
  • Capped time: 2'32.000
  • Max. 500bhp
  • Min. 1000kg
  • Race or Rain tires (tyre wear will be very fast / fast)
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed

Good races, that was a tough one. It was hard work to keep it on the grey stuff and out of trouble today. Feels good to start putting some solid points on the board. :D

Round 3 Results

GT4ParityCup-R3.png

Some solid points for @amarynceos indeed :)👍

Congrats to @aruizb on his pole position!

These were fun but tough races, Spa at rain is always interesting! The most difficult was to stay focused and consistent, which I obviously failed to... @jake2013guy gets the 3rd position in race 1 because of my penalty in the qualifiers, then @aruizb gets the 3rd position in race 2 because of my penalties... My only good point is my fastest lap in race 1.

Otherwise the races were pretty clean, thank you guys :)👍

Overall ranking is up to date.

Next round will be at the Nürburgring (GP/F) on August 28th.

Laters

Last edited:
Race Weekend #4

Hi there, this is the official announcement for Round 4, on Friday 28th at the Nürburgring GP/F!

Nurburgring_Grand_Prix_Circuit_large.jpg
No rain this time, the track will be dry, slick tires are back! ;)

The capped time will be 2'03.000. Remember to practice with low fuel. Please tell me if you have any issue with this capped time.

Forecast-Nurburg.png

Laters!

Round 4 Reminder

n2402.jpg

Yet another win for Aston Martin?

Hi there, Round 4 of the GT4 Parity Cup will take place tonight!

• Track: Nürburgring GP/F
  • Surface wet: 0% fixed
  • Capped time: 2'03.000
  • Max. 500bhp
  • Min. 1000kg
  • Race tires (tyre wear will be Very Fast and Fast)
  • Number plate required
  • All aids allowed

My apologies for yesterday gentlemen, I had to go out and unfortunately things did last longer than expected.

The bad news is that I'll be abroad next week, thus round 4 is postponed until September 11th. Sad date for our American fellows, will you still be available @amarynceos or will you attend some celebrations or something?

Back