Premium imperfect: The WIP list of visual problems and inconsistencies

• Thread starter coolboy48
  • 96 comments
How this for F430 problems.. See picture.
The F430 on the right should show a non painted carbon hood like the F430 Scuderia does on the left. Should also show a wing.. Both are paid for & equipped. Only rim changes shows on the F430.
The F430 is severely bugged. No matter what visual modifications are added, they will not show up.

Are we nit picking here fellas? how about you just race the cars and enjoy the game instead of looking for tiny details that you can complain about, I mean 'ambient thermometers' and gauges not working? think you all need to get a life...

Are we nit picking here fellas? how about you just race the cars and enjoy the game instead of looking for tiny details that you can complain about, I mean 'ambient thermometers' and gauges not working? think you all need to get a life...
All they're doing is pointing out the very small (Usually invisible to the average joe) inacurracies. I see no issue.

On the topic:
Regardless, PD makes extremely detailed machines and I commend them for it, the inaccuracies shown here are generally small and normally very very subtle (Some aren't but hell).

Meh, no one here has said they don't enjoy GT6.

Bugs are bugs, inaccuracies are inaccuracies, and all should be tracked in any case, simple isn't it?

No one can blindly assume anything if they haven't seen the smile on my face when power oversteering a halfway to maxed-out Aventador through International-B's finale to victory.

Suppose it takes true fans to note the shortcomings of a series...

OK, I get it, you really really like the game. I'm so, so sorry if I somehow offended thee in any way... :bowdown:

On night/time change tracks M4's gauges in cockpit camera aren't displaying in HD (they're all pixelated).

Is it the flickering? The working digital gauges suffer from this sometimes though I'l look into this.

I only hope, that the PS4 allows Kaz and co to redeem themselves.

(Don't want to rapid post again so will say here.)

The way I see it, PS4 could allow for 'proper', lag-free standing starts at least but the other content issues (modeling, sound, performance specifications) are a big worry.

These are not hardware related and I do fear the swelling car list may distract effort from increased 'quality' in those other areas.

Truthfully, I wouldn't mind if they started re-doing cars, thus leading to a drop in premium car count, if they had better recreation of every performance aspect. Accurate suspension calibration and type, better account of aerodynamic lift/downforce, tire characteristics, brake fade due to which specific component in the system, transmission physics, type of limited-slip, etc.

And of course, accurate exteriors and functional interiors. :D

Last edited:
All they're doing is pointing out the very small (Usually invisible to the average joe) inacurracies. I see no issue.

On the topic:
Regardless, PD makes extremely detailed machines and I commend them for it, the inaccuracies shown here are generally small and normally very very subtle (Some aren't but hell).

I just think we should be discussing how great this game is and all the things it does well. I come on this site to find the latest news on GT first and foremost. I peruse the forums to interact with like minded individuals who love cars and love Gran Turismo for that reason however all I find are negative people who talk negatively about the game, I really don't understand it. Lets look at the good things and there are lots of good things.

Talking only about what GT does well doesn't help the franchise at all and would only dilute the value of sites like GTP.

Forget about my list, refusing to acknowledge the possible existence of other flaws in GT6 is an astoundingly ignorant thing to do IMHO.

And some of these issues are purely objective. There is no emotion or bias involved. It's a fact that there's some incomplete or poorly done content here and there.

And finally, no one in this thread has said anything about failing to enjoy the game. I enjoy it regardless, though undoubtedly to a lesser degree than if there weren't these kinds of problems.

Why do you you care what others do with their free time?

are you really sayin that you think the Gallardo model in gt6 was designed for the PSP??

Not in the sense that it's a 'standard' (no interior etc), but in the sense that the finishing touches in and out are fairly rough and it has the same sort of wheel mistakes that the R35 Spec V also commits; where the final design is neither correct for use on the front or rear axle.

Hmm... Maybe incomplete would be a better term than that PSP analogy.

EDIT: And I believe the PSP Enzo did have proper differentiated wheels. OK, I'll change it to PD simply being PD.

Last edited:
Audi RS6-The time/date display on the gauge cluster is wrong.namly the date it reads sept(?)-23(?)-2003. on a car built for the 2008 model year...

Noticeable in photo mode

Audi RS6-The time/date display on the gauge cluster is wrong.namly the date it reads sept(?)-23(?)-2003. on a car built for the 2008 model year...

Noticeable in photo mode

Sounds almost like PD ripped the texture from an older Audi. Added to list.

67 el camino headlights dont come on when you flash during the day ( haven't tried night time)

Interesting, so the light itself isn't lighting up? Just need to make sure as the Ascari track seems to have a lighting bug despite being time change enabled. Added to list too.

(July 2014, confirmed)

Last edited:
Interesting, so the light itself isn't lighting up? Just need to make sure as the Ascari track seems to have a lighting bug despite being time change enabled. Added to list too.

I think even the light control on the HUD doesn't light up when you flash your lights in El Camino.

Also - do KTMs really have no horns in real life as they do in GT6?

I think even the light control on the HUD doesn't light up when you flash your lights in El Camino.

Also - do KTMs really have no horns in real life as they do in GT6?

Now that's odd. There's a button on the steering wheel with the horn symbol. Sounds like a classic PD content bug so I'll check it out next time.

The Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG has some wheel motion problems, when in motion the stock wheels go bright red.

Edit: the Audi R8 4.2's rear wing does not appear to rise at all.

Last edited:
The Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG has some wheel motion problems, when in motion the stock wheels go bright red.

I think it's the same with the V10 as well. I usally drive in bumper view so I don't really know.

Indeed. I couldn't get the 4.2 to spawn as an opponent so I YouTubed it. It somehow got broken between GT5 and 6.

Noticed the SL55 too before the patches. I'd thought PD sneaked in a fix by now. I've gotten past the career point where they spawn as opponents. Might as well add it in.

I think it's the same with the V10 as well. I usually drive in bumper view so I don't really know.

The really odd part is the V10's spoiler works unlike the V8 based on what I've seen personally in-game. (It's the reverse situation of Shift 2 when I think about it, funnily enough.)

Sounds almost like PD ripped the texture from an older Audi. Added to list.

Tried at monza, no they dont light up

Indeed. I couldn't get the 4.2 to spawn as an opponent so I YouTubed it. It somehow got broken between GT5 and 6.

Noticed the SL55 too before the patches. I'd thought PD sneaked in a fix by now. I've gotten past the career point where they spawn as opponents. Might as well add it in.

The really odd part is the V10's spoiler works unlike the V8 based on what I've seen personally in-game. (It's the reverse situation of Shift 2 when I think about it, funnily enough.)

odd,I have both versions. (V8 and V10),will have to dig in to this.

Just notcied that the Subaru BRZ R&D Sport '12 GT300 race car, weirdly is missing the Gran-Turismo logo on it's yellow window banner :D.

See here:
eevzGlq.jpg

11943179185_8daa2f2456_o.jpg

Why do you you care what others do with their free time?
Talking only about what GT does well doesn't help the franchise at all and would only dilute the value of sites like GTP.

Forget about my list, refusing to acknowledge the possible existence of other flaws in GT6 is an astoundingly ignorant thing to do IMHO.

And some of these issues are purely objective. There is no emotion or bias involved. It's a fact that there's some incomplete or poorly done content here and there.

And finally, no one in this thread has said anything about failing to enjoy the game. I enjoy it regardless, though undoubtedly to a lesser degree than if there weren't these kinds of problems.

I'm not ' refusing ' to acknowledge anything, I just don't nit pick the game like you guys are, what appears to be a big deal to you is really not to me, really look for fault in anything and eventually you will find it, I just think it is unfair to site all these minor things when in my opinion GT6 is a fantastic technical achievement, a game that competes with the ' next gen ' Forza 5. I've played F5 and I think GT6 is better in every department ( engine tones aside ) and that's pretty amazing for a PS3 game. You would have a hell of a lot more to complain about if you were playing Forza 5 believe me...

I'm not ' refusing ' to acknowledge anything, I just don't nit pick the game like you guys are, what appears to be a big deal to you is really not to me, really look for fault in anything and eventually you will find it, I just think it is unfair to site all these minor things when in my opinion GT6 is a fantastic technical achievement, a game that competes with the ' next gen ' Forza 5. I've played F5 and I think GT6 is better in every department ( engine tones aside ) and that's pretty amazing for a PS3 game. You would have a hell of a lot more to complain about if you were playing Forza 5 believe me...
I never said that GT6 was bad... In fact, I agree with you that GT6 is a great game. But again, why do you care what others do in their free time? Telling someone to get a life, just because the want to do something that you don't find interesting? That's pathetic.

If you took the time to actually read the whole opening post or even just the stuff after the list, you'd see many content related jibes at the genre's 2013 lineup.

Guess you didn't then... :)

Oh, and don't throw the 'technical achievement' card here. Wrong table here, no one's playing.

Anyway, why'd you bother to read this. Go enjoy your game, dude. :D

Edit: Just noticed the below.

Just noticed that the Subaru BRZ R&D Sport '12 GT300 race car, weirdly is missing the Gran-Turismo logo on it's yellow window banner :D.

See here: (pictures)

attachment.php

I'm not a Motorsports expert but I think there could be changes between races. The hood on this one also looks more like GT6's. The other one has that thingy at the 'Motul' logo.

Last edited:
If you took the time to actually read the whole opening post or even just the stuff after the list, you'd see many content related jibes at the genre's 2013 lineup.

Guess you didn't then... :)

Oh, and don't throw the 'technical achievement' card here. Wrong table here, no one's playing.

Anyway, why'd you bother to read this. Go enjoy your game, dude. :D

attachment.php

I'm not a Motorsports expert but I think there could be changes between races. The hood on this one also looks more like GT6's. The other one has that thingy at the 'Motul' logo.
Ok, ok my bad....enjoy your nitpicking ;)

Didn't notice that :ouch:, and yeah, you a probably right about the changes between races.

Just noticed that the Enzo Ferrari '02 has a mesh problem with the bonnet in the interior view, there is quite a big gap from the top of the bonnet to the bottom of the windscreen and you can see straight through it.

See here:

Back