pretty fast exige

  • Thread starter Thread starter gmartin
  • 12 comments
  • 790 views
Wow, that's going to be one heck of an Exige. They've upped the HP by almost 60HP, or 30%. That's freaking awesome.

What does Honda put the K20R in?
 
WOW thats pretty cool! I am betting the engine has to be off a motorcycle right?
 
No I think it's from the early 90s Integra. But I can't remember.
 
I believe the k20 is in the newer civic 2002+ si not sure about type r. I'm not sure about the k20r though.. But that exige has engine mods but it's all motor afaik.
 
Oh definitely. K20 sounds right, and probably in the new Civic. In that vehicle I bet it runs closer to 180HP. The Exige team probably gave it bigger bore and stroke to get it up where it is.
 
I wonder how a B20 (custom made engine from Honda (mix of CRV block and B18 head)) turbo would do in a car like that? It's a sweet idea to swap that engine in there.
 
The S2000's F20c aught to do pretty great. Especially with a supercharger. But I don't know that it would fit in the engine bay of the Exige.
 
LoudMusic
The S2000's F20c aught to do pretty great. Especially with a supercharger. But I don't know that it would fit in the engine bay of the Exige.

Especially since the tranny's setup for an FR vehicle. That's why I mentioned a nice B20.
 
Thats what 100 plus hp more will do for ya in a car that weighs less than 2k lbs
 
Man, I'd love to own one of those cars any day.
 
They put the k20a from an RSX into the Lotus Exige...and squeezing 50HP out of them isn't that hard....it's a good swap to do....toss out the Toy VVT and put in some REAL variable valve Timing...All.."intelligent" like
 
Driftster
They put the k20a from an RSX into the Lotus Exige...and squeezing 50HP out of them isn't that hard....it's a good swap to do....toss out the Toy VVT and put in some REAL variable valve Timing...All.."intelligent" like
This isn't the new Exige. This is the previous generation, the one without the Toyota Celica engine.

That is a sweet motor swap though :)
 
Back