Primus Ortus

Thanks all - it's nice to be able to take some photos again. I'll get over to your galleries as well to lurk and leave comments. It's amazing looking at your photos and how much improvement everyone has made form the first day to current. Great stuff from everyone - I'm completely in awe at what you guys are doing.

Dave

Thanks TVR!

Okey dokey then - here's the rest of the Ferrari set. The first pic is probably my favorite of all the photos I've taken on GT5. I love F1. We used to have an F1 race in Vegas back in the early 80's and my dad used to take me (I know, I'm old...). The Caesar's Palace Grand Prix, I think. Anyway, Mario Andretti was my favorite back then. Probably still is. My only wish (not a gripe) with GT5 is that their version of the F1 is lacking in good color, detail, and is not premium. I'd like to be able to take a good shot of a gaggle of F1s of different colors coming down the straight or fighting for a corner...

Click on them (you'll be cool to all your friends... :) )​

Oh, and last thing... I encountered this gallery of F1 photos in my searches. Amazing work. Truly amazing.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving (if you celebrated it).

I got a chance to get down to the Motor Trend Auto Show today in Vegas. I had a good time with my kids checking out the new rides. I was a little disappointed Audi and Mercedes didn't make a showing, and Lexus didn't exhibit anything new. Nevertheless, I got to sit in some pretty swanky ZR1 and M5 seats - it's nice to dream. They had the Lambos cordoned off, so No Touchy! Apparently, the people that be didn't want my grubby paws on their pretty paint. Anyway, I hope you (i.e., moderators...) don't mind, but I took some pictures and thought I'd share. Also, you'll have to forgive the low quality, I took the pics with my cell phone... :nervous:

Isn't it funny how the thought of a blue Aventador sounds abit odd and ugly but when you see one you can't help but think......Nice!

Even so Lee, I would have chosen a different color... :) Maybe a dark blue, though...

I had a chance to sit down and take some photos of the F40. I was watching Top Gear and it inspired me... I hope you like them. :)

Brilliant - that first shot is uber-realistic! :drool: I love the tones and lighting in all the others - super set. 👍 :)

Thanks Nato - that's mighty kind of you! Thanks GRP and mazda 787 for the kind words as well! Not bad, but not good - I'll take it! :)

The F40 looks great in black (do you remember the name of this tone ?).
I agree with Nato about the realism of the first pic. But my fav' is the fourth : great bokeh, great composition and perfect light --> :drool: . I also really like the third (really nice toning) and the last (great light again).
Awesome work 👍

Thanks for the comments guys! @Kodje - I don't know which black it is except that it's probably a metallic. (Which, ironically, I managed to turn into a matte in a couple of the pics... :indiff: )

This one's a touched up 2.0, that can't be entered as a 2.0 because of the flare. Don't hate the flare! Hehe. (Okay, you can if you want...)

Last edited:
The flare on that Camaro is a nice addition. It could be an entry for the 3.0 competition.

"very very goood picture, i like how you mixed up the monochrome with the coloured flare , nice idea ! "

Man I love the Camaro shot, I think the lens flare is absolutely spot on. And the f40 set is incredible too.

I've got a soft spot for both cars, but particularly the camaro :P

I like the flares in both pictures. I consider them to be the key element to why the pictures look so real and must acknowledge that you've placed them perfectly. :) 👍

Back